1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight update: Not close to a trade with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by t0mdotcom, Jul 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OremLK

OremLK Member

All right, for something of more substance:

An asset nobody has mentioned in ANY Howard trade talk is Sergio Llull. He's an intriguing player and might fit into a Dwight package nicely. Seems hard to define exactly how much he's worth, but I wonder if there's any chance he could be slotted in so that we don't have to give up as many prospects?

1 person likes this.
  2. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

This thing refuses to die.

Don't know how true it is, but I assume it is possible, even with all the bad blood, that the Magic are banking on Dwight not leaving to take $30M less to play somewhere "as bad as" or "worse than" Orlando....

This is the most ridiculous thing I've seen in my almost 40 years of being a Rocket/NBA fan....

3. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Has there been any word on when he might be ready to come to the NBA, he could even be our backup.

He plays for Spain right? Hopefully he tears it up tomorrow

4. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

That's assuming the Orlando fans would want him back , I think he would get boo'd every night. IMHO that relationship with the organization the fans and the city is not ever going to be good, to much has gone on

5. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

another attempt to up Houston's ante?

fine with me if we let him stay in Orlando...Dream stayed with us so anything can happen.

6. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

7. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Actually I remember a sports ortho surgeon saying that Bynum's knees were way more worry some than Howard's back. Said that 80% of players that have Dwights injury never encounter it again.

8. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

I agree with you.

I was just responding to Broussard's article just posted on espn.

Obviously, it screams of posturing and Orlando doing all it can to ensure all the cards are on the table... but, at this point, who knows.

Tired of it all...lol. I've allowed myself to get sucked in to the "refresh" mode, like at the trade deadline...

I just told my wife "I'm done... this is ridiculous" The wife : "lol.. whatever, no your'e not".

"I am...."

"No...lol... you're not".

"I can't believe I'm trying to sound convincing, and you're not believing me!" (half joking)

"lol...'cause you're not... One text and you'd be like 'oh, I can't believe I missed that'".....

I guess she's right.... lol.

9. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I could see him being a part of a package. I've been expecting that he would be a key player next year if the Rockets trade for and can keep Howard. I can see the following being a very good rotation.

Howard Asik
    DMo Jones
    Parsons Morris
    Lamb Llull
    Lin Llull

10. cml750

cml750 Member

You are spot on my man. These people just do not understand major back problems. I have had two surgeries myself. Dwight is DAMAGED GOODS!! Some of these people are so DESPERATE for a superstar that they will do anything including making a terrible trade for an INJURED player with a bad attitude. It really makes no sense. The only way Morey should do this without seeing him play significant minutes is by way low balling Orlando. Do not give them ANY of our rookies and take back ZERO bad contracts.. I can almost guarantee he will not be 100% of what he was even with full doc clearance. Doc clearance means he is cleared to play, it does not mean he will be what he once was was. Dwight's game is power and jumping for rebounds and blocked shots. That is not very conducive to keeping his back healthy. Like you said, back injuries always seem to have a way of showing up again. :cool:

11. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

Yeah, more than likely. But still - ridiculous...lol.

"Mr. Hennigan, Daryl Morey is on the phone."

Hennigan : "Hey Daryl, what's up?"

Morey : "Not much. So... you guys are thinking about rolling into the season with Dwight, huh?"

Hennigan : "Yeah, you know... we just..."

Morey cutting him off : "Well, ok, then... call us if you change your mind." Click.

12. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

yes cause everyone's back injury is exactly the same. and dwight howard gets the exact same medical care as you.

13. cml750

cml750 Member

We will not KNOW anything until we see him play MULTIPLE games even if the docs have given him a clean bill of health.

14. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

You guys dont think they have doctors that are conscious of Howard's back situation?

Please.

15. Arthurprescott2

If Rockets' in-house doctors give him the clean bill of health - I would be satisfied. I was just wondering if DH/Magic have said anything of note recently about his back.

16. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

I have those same convo's with my old lady... but they usually go... "What's going on with Howard" Me: " Everything I know is right and wrong at the same time according to twitter... so your guess is as good as any ones" ... Everyday I swear not to get excite because it really doesn't matter the season is months away, but then I see some insider post something and I swear that's the time its going to end! I haven't been this stress since fearing a loss when the Rockets were on the 22 game streak

17. Raven

Raven Member

Good! This means Morey won't give up any assets Orlando "might want" later on, which means we keep the youngsters and let them play!

It's funny when the best course of action plays out only because the GM is temporarily thwarted.

:)

18. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

lol... I hear you.

I notice #2 on your sig....

Man, I just enjoyed a four day weekend at the International Boxing Hall Of Fame last month.

It was AWESOME. Met and got pics with EVERYONE that was there. Leonard, Hearns, Hagler, Ward, Bernstein, Moorer, Cooney, Pryor, etc, etc...

My wife and I were actually on the local news as they reported on the story of Leonard calling my cell phone when our 7 year old daughter was born with a rare syndrome (my younger brother had exchanged emails with him and told him it'd mean the world to me to get an email or call).

They took us back in the (autograph) booth to spend a few moments with him and meet him and tell him the story. It was amazing.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

Enough with the leaks and bluffs Broussard/Orlando. :rolleyes:

No one takes these leaks/bluffs serious anymore. No one is blinking at these reports. No one is going to suddenly up their offer because you might hold on to him and will look to trade him later(only to figure out your offers are worse. "You're only offering Marcus Morris, Greg Smith, Courtney Fortson?! WHAT?!") :rolleyes:

20. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

I'm ready for this to be done. Can't wait for the Asik signing so we can get this going

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.