1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight update: Not close to a trade with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by t0mdotcom, Jul 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

I'm sure other teams are offering things but I think the asking price is way too high. Only Morey and the Rockets have the cap space and the balls and desperation to make a deal. However, if Morey is smart, he will wait this thing out since Magic do no want him at start of training camp. Keep telling them Lamb is out of question since Martin is involved. I don't see how the Toronto pick is not involved though.

2. roxxy

roxxy Member

How long does it take to come back just as strong?

3. teebone21

teebone21 Member

that's because people are thinking about the rockets future instead of just wanting to see howard any rockets jersey for 1 season

4. OremLK

OremLK Member

Weigh the risk against the chance of finding a player of Dwight's caliber in the draft. Even if you think there is only a 20% chance we re-sign Dwight that's still better then going the draft route.

Personally I think there is a better than 50% chance Dwight re-signs. That's what the CBA is designed for. That's why he opted in, that's why he's trying so hard to get TRADED to a big market... because he's not willing to give up the $30M.

5. Debriz

Debriz Member

Completely false and hyperbole. But keep spreading misinformation.

1 person likes this.
  6. djohn2o12

djohn2o12 Member

Lol no one wants to take risks. Quite the shame.

7. OremLK

OremLK Member

Oh yeah? How about Dwight in a Rockets jersey for 6 seasons? How's that for "future"?

8. liveguy

liveguy Member

That's simple....

'cause they are not stupid enough to trade away pieces for a rental.

Morey is the man...but this is a mistake to even attempt it without assurances....and if DH comes and then bounces just like he said he will, EVERYONE including the "Dwight or bust" crowd will be calling for Morey's head.

ESPECIALLY if the players he trades away end up being all-stars.

The all-stars Morey had been waiting for all along potentially right under his nose and he let 'em go for a bag of popcorn and some jujubees. lol

9. djohn2o12

djohn2o12 Member

Constant knee drainages at 24 is false information? Ok bro.

10. liveguy

liveguy Member

fixed.

11. Debriz

Debriz Member

'constant knee drainages'? Yeah that's false.
    'Knees completely shot' also false.

12. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

C'mon man ..quit fantasizing .. howard is not the be all,end all of the NBA .. I'm sure we could find a way to move on without him ..you guys sound like we're talking about Abdul Jabaar ... look I would like to have him but only at certain terms ... I believe our low offer is still the best out there. There are just too many things not to like about howard....bad back, attitude,fact he doesn't want to play for us,atrocious lack of FT skills ..etc etc ..

13. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

Its hard to value an opinion of someone who wishes a player knees explode.

Howard isn't the only top player the NBA will have. He has back issues, and doesn't want to be here. The drama will continue. The Rockets will stay on the minds of the media though and stay nationally televised... If that satisfies you.

And the Rockets have a valuable lottery pick possibly INSIDE the top ten

14. Bogey

Bogey Contributing Member

Wrong you are talking about the best center since Wilt, or haven't you heard. He happens to only be the best b/c the rest of the league sucks right now. Man I miss Dream!

15. djohn2o12

djohn2o12 Member

Just a few instances.

16. OremLK

OremLK Member

All-stars don't win you anything in this league by themselves, you need a true superstar, and nobody on this team projects to play at that level. Furthermore, there is not anywhere CLOSE to a guarantee any of the rookies turns into all-stars. Only Lamb and Motiejunas even have that potential, and the chance of one of them reaching it is lower than the chance of Dwight re-signing.

And no I won't be calling for Morey's head if he calls Dwight's bluff and Dwight walks. We will finally be rebuilding, we'll be among the frontrunners for the first pick in the 2014 NBA draft.

17. OremLK

OremLK Member

I don't wish that on anybody, not even a turd like Bynum. However, it will probably happen no matter what I wish. His knees are shot, man.

18. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Please name me 3 NBA players that have come back just as strong ?

I'll wait

19. cml750

cml750 Member

Injured superstars are rare? We had two of them just a few years ago. They never really did us much good with the injury thing going on. I guess injured superstars with bad attitudes are even rarer.

1 person likes this.
  20. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Its not about the asking price. It's about being better then the next best offer.

He'll I think our guaranteed lottery pick alone put's us over the competition.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.