1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight update: Not close to a trade with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by t0mdotcom, Jul 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

I guess so...but we can offer lottery pick, dallas 1st, expiring, a few bad contracts + assets. I don't think any Cavs offer is a slam dunk. And also, they would be trading for Bynum..not Dwight..so LA has to agree to add pieces. Its really the same predicament as before when it was a 3way deal with Houston. Why did that fall a part?

I guess ultimately the question is who is more desperate: houston or cleveland?

And I DO think its a ploy to get us to up our offer.

2. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Are the Cavs willing to give up Tristan Thompson, their upcoming first rounder, plus take on all the bad contracts the Magic can give them for a rented Bynum?? Because in essence, that's what they will be taking. The fact that Gilbert is a dumbass makes me a little weary, but I still don't think the Magic are getting a better deal here than what Houston is offering. We are giving them 2 FIRST ROUND PICKS (one of which is a guaranteed lottery pick), PLUS a high-upside youngster (or 2), AND taking on their bad contracts.

3. claydavis

claydavis Member

the Cavs 3 way makes so much sense I doubt its fake rumor

4. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Those picks would be USELESS if Cleveland gets Bynum.
    They'd turn into a playoff team and those picks are going to be late rounders.

We're offering a guaranteed lottery pick.

5. DaneB

DaneB Member

Yes, but we probably still have the better offer on the table...Hopefully this thing will just figure itself out! I really hope we end up with Howard and keep him from going to LA, but at least we will know which direction to take once there an answer!

6. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

Good I'm ready for the Rockets to move on with what we have

7. claydavis

claydavis Member

the la times said the Lakers don't mind taking on Richardson so I think its just baby and dunno who they would take back

8. RocketFan

RocketFan Contributing Member

I'm not... Bring on Howard, Morey!!!

9. Rockets0515

Rockets0515 Member

Its a win win either way for Rockets, everyone should just sit back and chill ... We g
    et a superstar or we get to watch all of our rookies develop... ill be happy either way.

10. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

I hope your right. I do believe Morey can get a second star, we just need to make it happen.

Hopefully he is playing the game on a different level than the other GMs

11. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

Good one! I feel better already. Remember, we couldn't trade 3 picks (12, 16, 18) for one in the top 8!!! So obviously low 20-something picks not highly valued.

12. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

I think you're right and I would love to chill, but the not knowing and the constant chatter makes it hard not to want to know what's up. Impatience I guess

13. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

Why would u want Howard for one year? He won't bring a championship this up coming season

14. RocketFan

RocketFan Contributing Member

So negative... :rolleyes: I have a feeling Howard will stay with Houston after he sees what we're all about... The treatment he'll get from Houston fans at the all-star game and after Hakeem meets up with him.

15. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

Agreed. It would be interesting if we got Howard and then flipped him to LA via S&T for Bynum + another player/pick? If there was any certainty that it would def. be some kind of S&T at the end of the year (assuming Dwightmare starts all over b/c he wants out of Houston) I might do it.

16. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Me too.

The Rockets are in a great situation to rebuild.

17. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

He just had that treatment at Orlando this past all star break and he still wants out of Orlando..the guy is a Diva

18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Not even scared of Cavs. Bynum would rather play here anyway

19. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

Exactly.

I just played with the trade machine and there's nothing they have that Morey wouldn't trump easily.

Even if Hennigan was going to do that deal, Morey would get involved in three-way and trump Cleveland's offer and just bring Bynum here (based on Feigen's blog Wednesday, Houston is open to this).

Also, if there was any real substance at all to this, ESPN would be all over it, as much as they love the NY's, Brooklyn's, and LA's.

20. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

The plot thickens. Its gametime for Morey. Is this the Cavs 3-way an attempt by Hennigan to get Morey to up his offer, or is it real deal. The Cavs are in a position to offer a lot what the Magic are looking for, so I'm guessing its real, but it seems to me that Morey can easily beat what the Cavs are offering if he wanted to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.