1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Local Orlando News] Dwight Howard trade could be imminent

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Fullcourt, Jul 6, 2012.

1. tokenbk

tokenbk Member

Say what you want about Morey, but you have to admire his determination.

2. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

I hate to see how long it would take if they said the trade might take a while. or my definition of imminent is different.

3. stylus8088

stylus8088 Member

lol i know that but it seems like we're chasing a ghost.

4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

It ain't over til it's over.

Even if we lose out, we end up with a team full of young prospects and a boatload of future picks.

The mediocrity treadmill is officially relegated to the storage shed in the backyard.

5. stylus8088

stylus8088 Member

Yea, i agree with you on that one. Honestly i'm not even expecting Dwight to come here. I mean we already have all these young guys to develop. But IF he does come then that's a bonus. If not, oh well.

6. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

To expound on the the above comments i tweeted Morey.

@dmorey Do whatever is necessary to trade for howard. Do not listen to these other idiots. Thank you

7. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Hopefully your words move him to strike :grin:

8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I predict that Howard will be a Rocket on July 11.

2 people like this.
  9. TheresTheDagger

I'm curious as to what Woj is implying here. I'm guessing its either....

1) Morey is sweetening the deal from his current mix of players OR

2) Morey is trying to trade more players for draft picks to add to the deal.

10. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Thanks for having the guts to go against the downcurrent here. It is getting more obvious all the time.

If it's gonna happen, it's gonna happen in the next 36 hours. These trades can all be merged into one colossal deal allowing us to take back JRich and Duhon along with Dwight and still have a nice TPE if we are indeed over the cap. Orlando is downplaying it. But our deal is getting better by the day. Now we've got more salary cap relief to simply hand off to Orlando. They could dump two contracts, JRich and Duhon, along with Dwight, and wind up with as little salary as 5 rookie contracts totaling about $7-$8 million and an expiring deal in Martin that they can move to somebody else for future picks at the deadline.

No one can trump our offer. Just wait until the news comes out that we've got an agreement in place to trade Martin or Scola to Minny for their unguaranteed contracts and a future first or Williams....just wait. It's coming.

1 person likes this.
  11. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

The more and more i hear about Dwight being traded to NJ...i keep asking why would ORL even consider taking back NJ/Brooklyn trash...and then...i read Woj. tweet...and says that the Rockets are still trying to engage the Magic...

ORL according to any logical fan will be getting the best offer from a team like the Rockets that gives them Legit picks and expirings all for a chance at a "Rental"...

Compare that with the trade that NJ is providing...its seems to me that its really a no brainer.

Woj had the most profound statement of the day...if the Nets trade goes down...9/12 olympic players will be in three cities...LA, Miami, NY...and that is ridiculous...

12. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

How much does this guy possibly want? We are giving him so much cap relief and are giving up young albeit not superstar talent.

13. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

Jopatmc - you are as determined on this issue as I've ever seen on this board. I'm genuinely curious, what do you think Morey's move is after he lands Dwight? Let's assume Lin and Asik get matched, and Martin, Scole and Lee are all elsewhere.

14. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

we clearly have a much better offer for Howard and its not even funny...something else is clearly driving the Nets trade...

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

I for one hope you are right. No doubt Morey is not done acquiring assets. But why would Minny trade for Kevin Martin? They signed Brandon Roy plus an offer sheet to Batum. And Scola to backup Love?

16. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

I agree. Been telling my brother all day I just don't believe Hennigan values Lopez that much. I can't see it.

Won't surprise me at all if what you say happens. Not sure I'll like it....lol. Other than the "finally!" and "splash" effects, I don't want Dwight on this team.

I'm sure my mind can easily be changed if we managed to build enough around him to have him come out and say how much he loves it here and wants to stay though...LOL.

17. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

[​IMG]

18. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

To be clear, it's not that I believe he'll be a "rental"... I don't.

I believe Morey would call his bluff, and he would NOT walk. It's just that I don't want the media circus and drama and his ridiculous attitude and the daily comments he makes. (back and forth... and not being genuine)

19. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

I know he is only an alternate for Wade, but OKC has three Olympians now as well since Harden has been added to the team.

20. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Who cares if Howard wants to be here...and im sure the fans wont really care as much...either...and if he leaves in the offseason...i can see the Rocket go full court at Bynum for 2013...Either tank...or get to the postseason...that's the only 2 options...