1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Les Alexander] "Daryl has been the number one drafter in the NBA", hints tanking?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Fullcourt, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Tmac?

2. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Wait, you mean to say he played here? Yeah I'm aware of that. However, if there were so many then why didn't we have a better supporting cast around those guys?

3. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Did anyone else get the impression that he was saying "if we fail to get a star or two, we're tanking"?

4. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

exactly.

5. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Because those two took up $44 million alone?

6. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

shoulda got his wallet out or picked smarter...

7. Samdogg36

Samdogg36 Member

Awesome read, thanks

8. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Except it literally would have been impossible to add another star via free agency.

And the Rockets had nothing to trade away to get another star that way.

9. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

How do you know it was impossible? Are you an insider who was there to see everything unfold with the GM and owner?

10. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

No, I just actually have an understanding of how the salary cap works.

11. Asian Sensation

He did... it's just that said player didn't provide any stats.

12. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

He's so stupid.

13. tzou88

tzou88 Member

Eff it... play Dragic, Lamb, Parsons, Patterson, and Montie... with whoever else is left coming off the bench. Trade the old doods. At worst we'll have an interesting season watching the young doods... and get a good pick.. actually that's pretty good.

14. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Screw that, trade Patterson and don't re-sign Dragic. Maybe those two can help two other teams improve their record enough to give the Rockets a better draft pick.

Go with a (insert random PG here), Lamb, Parsons, White, and Motie lineup.

15. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

90% of you have no clue about value or position. Les didn't make his money as a singer, nor by running a corporation; he is a trader. He and Morey were made for each other. Morey improves the team a little at a time, inexorably. We have cap space, a young roster, no bad contracts, and draft picks.

We aren't "directionless," we aren't going backwards, and this draft isn't a "disaster." I'm not sure how soon Morey is going to clear the roster, but he's getting there.

16. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

I am glad people are finally wising up now. Welcome! :) To the real world. Morey I want Rudy Gay or I want to move some veterans to give these rookies playing time and to PROPERLY develop them and their value.

17. Red Rising

Red Rising Member

Actually, eating meat is the #1 cause of death and disability in North America. Every 7 seconds someone has a heart attack or stroke due to meat, beef, chicken and dairy.

Vegetables and fruit have a billion times more vitamins and nutrients than meat. I'm a vegan too. So, it's not the meat. The problem is, being a Vegan gives you so much patience and makes your body and mind feel so well, you feel in total control and nothing can go wrong. So, it's not his diet that's the problem. It's his patience now, it'll last forever.

18. Red Rising

Red Rising Member

19. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterockets/2012/06/solomon-deal-free-draft-turns-out-to-be-a-dud-for-rockets/

20. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

I still think Les and Morey are doing a good job. Injurys happened and it set us back, that happens.
    Morey is being wise and getting good value for his money and it is paying off little by little and in the long run we will be a much stronger organization for it.

and no, I'm not on bath salts.

There will be more trades to come before the start of the season and I expect to see a much better team than last year.