1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Crane said we could have a new uniform and logo.

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by houston#1, Nov 17, 2011.

?

Do we need to change our uniform and logo?

1. Yes, we need a fresh start.

203 vote(s)
    72.8%
  2. No, our current uniform and logo still look great.

76 vote(s)
    27.2%
  1. cardpire

cardpire Member

what the heck? did i miss you say that you've seen the new unis already?

2. codell

codell Contributing Member

I hope that #12 Lastname guy is a pitcher We need the help.

3. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

As I initially thought the road uni must be the one that is close. I like it, okay, hopefully it is navy instead of black.

4. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

Why are we so desperate to abandon the uniforms we tasted far and away our greatest success again?

5. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

well its happening, this is only a speculation thread because it is a fact that the 2013 Astros will take the field in new uniforms.. most of us are hoping that they do it right..

6. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

Well I get that, I just find it incredibly ironic (or is it hypocritical) that a lot of the same posters who so badly want to go back to the rockets mustard and red bc of all the success associated w them so badly want to get rid of the Astros current unis in favor of the old unis that were essentially associated w unmitigated failure.

That said I really dig that H logo.

7. jaxwithanx

jaxwithanx Member

Seems to be straightforward to me. Both sets of fans just want to change uniforms. The Rockets achieved their greatest successes in an old uniform...therefore that's a small factor why people want to go back to it (mostly, they just hate the current uniform though and the losing now associated with it). So while the Astros may have achieved their greatest success in these uniforms, they also now suck in these uniforms. So the option of going back to the uniform you have had the most success in isn't exactly an option. But people have never really taken to these uniforms and that combined with the clubs recent ineptitude and league change....uniform change. Not that ironic.

8. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I love the first concept posted by Cannonball, except the main logo.

I'd keep everything in a heartbeat, except that. Actually, I'd make the secondary logo the main logo and be done with it.

9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

The Astros never really stopped being orange/blue to me. Go to a game and there's as much (if not more) orange/blue in the crowd as there is red/black. Watch road games and when they pan the crowd for Astros fans they're almost ALWAYS wearing blue/orange.

Red/black always felt forced to me...Drayton's company colors with no real connection to franchise history. I'd like that connection back when we move to the AL. And when we keep the Rangers out of the playoffs...knock the Yankees out of the playoffs...and beat the Braves to win our first World Series, I want them wearing that orange star with the H on it :)

The Rockets thing is a little different. They changed COLORS AND LOGO immediately after winning a title. That's just effing stupid. Finally they went back to red, which was a huge improvement....but the connection to the franchise's roots AND its best moments are both in ketchup and mustard. I'd prefer that's what they be.

10. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Stopped by two Academys today, and the Astros section was straight up orange and navy blue. Only one or two shirts were the current color scheme. Both stores had orange being the main color. It looked like a huge Dynamo section, but it was actually Astros gear

11. MadMax

And it's been that way for a long time now. Hell, half of the Astros team store at MMP sells orange/blue.

12. dreamshake97

dreamshake97 Member

as a rockets/astros fan i can say the only reason i wanted to go back to red/mustard is because i loved those colors. it's better than the current chinese national team colors we have now.

orange and blue is what were for like 25 years.. drayton effed it up. so we are going back.

13. JimmyJackson

JimmyJackson Member

if you know something, then please tell us details (if you have any)....that'd be MUCH appreciated!

so they're done witht he designing already and just waiting to unveil it OR are they still in the designing stage of the process and mulling over different designs?

details.....

14. cardpire

cardpire Member

they're done with it. submitted it to league for approval already.

guess he somehow knows, and it sounds similar to the road jersey in that pic, with something at least similar to old star cap.

would be nice to hear more though.

15. Rocketfan713

Rocketfan713 Member

a little off topic,but i havent been to mmp this season..has anybody been in the union station store or astros team shop? what shirts with player names are they selling? of course they still selling carlos lee, but anyone else? altuve? lowrie?

16. jaxwithanx

jaxwithanx Member

Like I've said before in the thread. I fully expect orange to be the primary color. It just makes a lot of sense from many standpoints. Most have which been hit upon here.

I really think/hope we don't have a gray-dominant road jersey. That would be disappointing.

17. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

It's all fueled by nostalgia. Success or failure at the times the old unis were worn is only a small factor.

Dude, what do you think China's colors are? Red and Yellow. If you want to say that the design is asian, fine. But you're not going to look less Chinese by switching to the exact same color scheme China uses.

18. MadMax

i haven't seen the player shirts out in force, though i expect you'll see lots of altuve stuff as the season goes on.

19. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

(for sure)

Yeah owners thinking of their business interest instead of FAN interest, really this is a TRUE show of fans actual receptiveness of that.

Also the current uni is attributed to some of the worst backstabbingest suck, going into an entirely different league dissolving away even more of the roots. Though I can agree on the hypocritical aspect of that.

Orange + blue and rainbows and mustard yellow werent the greatest looks, but at least they were more OUR accepted look. Not a DRAYTON or LES look you begrudginly accept. (Though Drayton did much better than Les on changes).

Success of the team for me is part of it. I know sports is a business but there was a time before the big corporatization of things took place with Compaq Centers and Enron and Minute Maids and Toyatas and Chinese cash chows and such. Those looks was when it was still some semblence of SPORTS teams to me

20. Apps

Apps Member

Can't wait to see the new uniforms. I'm no longer a fan of the Astronauts, but if the jerseys are old school I'd love to buy a road one to rep Houston.