1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lebron finds 'big brother' in Hakeem

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by SacTown, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

Maybe not (I don't dislike him).

But posting a statement like this, full of agenda, on a Rockets board is just offensive.

2. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

No, I still dont like Lebron and the Heat for the same reasons I flip-flopped on the LAClippers this year at mid-season.

Nice read though.

3. SacTown

SacTown Member

You think the fact that Hakeem views Lebron as a little brother and would give him a hug if he saw him is offensive to Rockets fans? :confused:

4. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

What Dream does is his business.

5. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

No, that's not what you said. Insinuating on Clucthfans that Lebron can't be a bad guy because he has Hakeem's stamp of approval is a such a flawed and loaded logical reasoning.

6. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Point is, Lebron knew it wasn't going happen in Cleveland so he moved on. No guarantee an Horry, Cassell, Elie or Rudy T. was coming. He had Jamison, Mo Williams & Mike Brown. No way Olajuwon could've talked Lebron into staying.

7. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Like sell the city of Houston useless land for millions of dollars?

8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

The "Decision" Lebron, and the villian you saw last year wasn't who this guy really is. I didnt see him as a good guy or bad guy. I saw a confused young man.

You see it in his demeanor this year that he's more at peace with himself, and maybe he's done letting his branding partners tell him how to live his life. Im glad that Hakeem had a little bit to do with helping Lebron and other superstars alike.

Alot of these stars aren't really bad people. They are just after products of the AAU environment that exposes them as cash cows to the greed that exists in this country, and the people who run sports world. Good for Lebron. That being said, I still like the Thunder more to win the title this year.

1 person likes this.
  9. SupermoochieFro

Anyone who doesn't like LBJ purely from the decision is being hypocritical because if the words muttered were,"I've decided to take my talents to Southeast Texas", then EVERYBODY down here would have his back. With that being said, I just like watching the game of basketball and it's very entertaining watching the man play anywhere.

10. blink

blink Contributing Member

well, you did see lebron meditating/gathering this thoughts in the final minutes of the 4th quarter in game 7 vs boston. that seems like something hakeem would tell him to do.

11. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Olajuwon!

12. SacTown

SacTown Member

If you think about Lebron's case for a specific example, he was raised by a single mother who clearly had no class and he had no father figure at all whatsoever. I'd like to think how some of you guys would have turned out with no father figure and a crazy, ghetto mother. Lebron could have kept the same ****ty attitude and classless actions like the decision and his behavior last year while playing with the heat, but he's surrounding himself with better people, mentors like Hakeem and he's doing the right things. That absolutely has to be applauded. Wade on the other hand continues to be a jerk.

13. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

I really like LeBron. I am so grateful that I have gotten to see some of the greatest players ever play the game I love, in my lifetime.

Now I get to watch LeBron and Durant, the next great players. IMO.

Anyone who hates LeBron is either:
    A. From Clevland
    B. A hater, in Australia it is a thing called tall poppy syndrome - where you snipe at the people that are successful.
    C. Bandwagon 'I hate LeBron' in public, closet LeBron fan
    Or
    D. Mad because he didn't bring his talents to heir team.

Anyone saying that they're glad LeBron didn't come to heir team, etc is eithe lying or an idiot.

This is my rant on he subject.

14. SacTown

SacTown Member

Yes, I'm saying he can't be the monster some clutchfans are making him out to be if Hakeem considers him to be a little brother. That's exactly what I'm saying and you're overreacting to an innocent statement. I think it's perfectly logical reasoning.

15. chestr

chestr Member

Sorry but that comment was completely random and very xenophobic. Just because the man is religious doesn't mean everything he does is religiously motivated. If anything, Christians are the ones who actively seek spreading their religion the most. You shouldn't close your mind off to others or hold preconceived notions just because they don't share your views.

16. Mr. Space City

damn sac, calm down a little with the lebron love lol

you're approaching goodbug levels of stanning now.

with that being said, cool story.

17. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

The Hakeem element is really nice. But alright now, this is proof its been at Brokeback Mountain level love longing for Lebron's man meat, all the fluffing.

David Robinson, Tim Duncan and Dirk Nowitzki are as great a guys as can be, that I'd let them run a train on my sisters, cuz I know they're so so good that they wouldnt.

But f**k 'em though still. Why? Just because. Call it a societal "decline sign" or whatever. Sports fans and guys are gonna be fire breathing dragons. Its just how it works. Unless they're on YOUR team. And even there its just a 2 year honeymoon for that.

18. dkamberi25

dkamberi25 Member

I was about to post the same thing. Couldn't have said it better myself. While Olajuwon is very religous and treats his religon seriously, he is not like Tebow or other athletes who flaut their faith every chance they get trying to spread the gospel so to speak. Olajuwon lives his life according to his faith and that is it.

19. SacTown

SacTown Member

I'm on a mission to make Lebron less hated around here. :cool:

20. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

Then tell him to take his talents to H-Town. Honestly, that's the only way I would cheer for him.