1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ridiculous frisbee shots..

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by magnetik, May 8, 2012.

Tags:
  1. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

sorry if you've already seen these but if you haven't.. :eek:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/35lURrrEQrU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

link

#1 magnetik, May 8, 2012
    Last edited: May 8, 2012
  2. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

not impressed. You throw enough eventually one will go in.

3. snc

snc Member

I bet you're a lot of fun at parties.

2 people like this.
  4. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

Kind of a boring video. No doubt he's a great Frisbee player, or at least a handler, but throwing discs into a garbage can is not even close to good Ultimate in-game action.

I played against him in college. He's good but I think these videos make him out to be the end-all-be-all . Who cares if you can toss a frisbee on to speed boat, how is that ever useful? My favorite viral Ultimate Frisbee video is Beau Kittridge literally jumping over someone to catch a disc IN GAME.

5. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I think that was improvised. At the end of the video he says, "who was that?" I think the guys in the boat watched him throw into the hoop (on #4) and asked for a toss. So, since it might not have been anything the driver of the boat or the dude who dives for the frisbee had ever practiced...I thought that was fun.

8. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

As a disc golfer I want him on my team! Imagine all those hole in ones.

And tallanvor, be kind to your ignorance.

9. tallanvor

ignorant of what? not sure you know what that word means since it can't apply to my statement.

The only shot I thought was interesting was the wall ride. I had never seen that done with a frisbee

#9 tallanvor, May 8, 2012
    Last edited: May 8, 2012
  10. apollo33

apollo33 Member

U played against brodie smith. Respek

11. heypartner

In those shots, he's not throwing far enough for a hole in one...but I'm sure he could with a driver...just not as accurate.

12. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

You make fun of the frisbee toss on to a boat because that's not useful... and then you proceed to praise jumping in a game... because that's obviously very useful.

13. tallanvor

jumping high is very useful in ultimate.....

14. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

But ultimate ain't useful.....

1 person likes this.
  15. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

I'm sure we're scavenging youtube for frisbee shots.

16. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

he needs to try out for

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pOJ9GzWOTOY?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. Jontro

Jontro Member

Back in the day I used to see dudes play ultimate frisbee in front of the MD Anderson Library all the time. Cept they threw forehand, not backhand. My roommate tried teaching me, never worked.

Is it like football, but with a friz?

18. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Cool vid. On a related note, I once threw an uneaten pizza slice, half way across the room into an garbage can since no one wanted the last slice.

19. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

I'm not a great d.golfer but a hole-in-one I have hit. Not all holes are 500 ft out. Some are just a couple hundred and with his aim in an open field, he'd be dynamite. With his control he'll place that disc where he wants to and thats also gold!

tallanvor, do it then! Put something on here that you are proud of and let us decide it's worth. Let's see who else on the board can do it and make it completely worthless.

Admit it, you're w/o respect for anything you don't understand.

20. heypartner

Very few are a couple of hundred feet out and that is still over twice as far as any throw in the video (not counting the ones thrown down).

Remember: a basketball court is only 98 feet, and he's not even throwing that far, much less *twice* as far.

He's a very accurate thrower with his ultimate disk, and I'm sure he can throw maybe 100 yards forehand and 50-70 yds with a hammer, but his accuracy will decline tremendously.

In the video, he is using very little arm to maintain accuracy. At 200-250 ft, he will have to start winding up.

He is not going to hit any more hole-in-ones that a very good disk golfer would. However, he could win with his midrange game for sure...although, an Ultimate disk is not the best choice for actually staying in the basket.