1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ford: Mock Draft 4.0

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Andre Barrett, Apr 30, 2012.

1. BowlingBaller

BowlingBaller Member

Not what she said.

2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

uhmm wtf are you talking about?

PJ3 is falling out of the top 10 in some mocks. The 14th and a future first is probably good enough to move up a couple spots to nab him.

A team like Portland or Sacramento might like Lowry, a known commodity, over a project big man.

You're sarcasm doesn't even make sense.

3. what

what Member

I think he's trying to say that anybody thinks the rockets can land Anthony Davis without winning the draft is delusional.

Martin for Davis? Lowry for Davis? bwaghhwahhwwhahahah

4. Jet036

Jet036 Member

n00b.

5. Convictedstupid

I bet you think it's all about girth, huh?

6. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

So you really think someone who is 6'9 is SEVERELY undersized when compared to a someone who is 6'10? Interesting theory there buddy.

7. seyton

seyton Member

In that situation I take Leonard and Melo and hope one works out.

8. Jet036

Jet036 Member

I like how you added the word "severely". Oh no wait - you added the word "SEVERELY" lol - nice strawman argument there buddy.

9. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Interesting how you didn't actually reply on the topic. Don't worry, I will give you more time to think of some ideas.

10. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

That is a joke of a way to run things!

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

No playing time for both..... next idea

12. theglyde1121

theglyde1121 Member

The draft is a success if they trade out of the same slot they've had the past two years. They absolutely need to trade up in an effort to hit a home run to get a big man like Sullinger. Or at least trade #16, Patterson, Budinger, Morris, future picks to move up in draft.

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

According to the draft day story last year, the Rockets wanted to trade up into the top 5, presumably for Valanciunas. Could not make a deal. They had an opportunity to trade up to #8 or 9, presumably by trading the #14 with the #23 (the pick they got from PHX in the Brooks/Dragic trade). However by that time, the #1 guy on their draft board was Marcus Morris and they thought he'd be available at 14 without trading up. And they were right. They ended up using the #23 pick in a separate trade to get Motiejunas (#20).

So, they could have traded out of their spot, picked the same guy, paid him more money and didn't have the #23 pick to get Motiejunas with. And some people here would be happier if that were the case because they didn't pick at 14.

14. moonnumack

moonnumack Contributing Member

If that is true, then you would hope that you could move up into the same range (#7-9) by packaging #14 & #16.

15. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

It all depends on who is left on the board. Usually by 7, all the first tier guys are gone and it's a crapshoot from there on anyways. That's why we got what was the 8th best player on our board at 14. Same thing happened the year before. Morey had Patterson as #6. We got him at 14.

16. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

He should have had George higher. Imagine if we had George and Faried over Patterson and Morris.

17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

In retrospect, sure. But drafts are crapshoots.

18. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

I think george was in their top 5.

19. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I'd love to bring Camby back, draft Henson, and have him work with Henson all summer showing him how to be a great 5.

20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Henson should not play the 5. Wait, i know what you are going to say, "but he played one in college". Am i right? Henson should play at the 4 in the pros because he would constantly get pushed around. Jordan Hill??