1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Are the Pelicans toast? We're watching Thunder at Pelicans -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Let's send Rocketgirl to the Draft lottery!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by emcitymisfit, May 4, 2012.

1. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. Negative Douche

would never want someone dressed like this to represent us

1 person likes this.
  3. MIAGI99

MIAGI99 Member

knowing Les he'd probably send Yao.

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

what are you? a negative douche or something?

5. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I tweeted DM. Send Rocketgirl!

6. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Send her! It's good karma.

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

In my defense, my comment suggesting this was mostly tongue-in-cheek :grin:

But i don't think the idea is as terrible as it sounds. Gilbert's kid really had no business there. It's easier to accept because of who his dad is and because he was diagnosed with NF, but Rocketgirl is a better representation of the Rockets, than he was of the Cavs, and that's the point.

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

[​IMG]

If only she would contract some serious disease. Then everyone would shut up because they'd feel bad about talking about someone with a serous disease.

9. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

How is it that it makes sense to you that the owner's son was a lesser representation of his team than a fan would be to the Rockets? I'm not sure if it is homerism or a crush that is drowning your vision. Even if the Rockets decided to let a fan attend the lottery, I'm sure it wouldn't be a fan of our choosing. The question would be raised "what makes her a bigger fan than (insert name)?". Interesting thought but a horrible reality.

10. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

If they really give a **** about the fans, thats the least they could do.

12. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

Honestly, any random fan would generate more excitement than one of our "borderline" all stars. I could see CP to churn up interest in the Twilight fan crowd, but why not at least reward and acknowledge an exasperated fan base?

IMO, I think Rocketgirl is as dedicated and enthusiastic a fan as the Rockets have, and would be a good representation of the fan base and clutchfans in particular.

Just my opinion. I respect people that think it's unrealistic or hokey, but it's at least good for a couple silly memes/photoshops.

13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I know, right. Like it really matters who goes. Like the whole stage with the representatives is even necessary. All teams should send a fan.

14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Some ask why... I ask, why not?

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Y u mean to me? I about to die:(

16. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Send Clutch!

(bear or #1, doesn't matter)

17. LoyalRocket

LoyalRocket Member

No seriously Rockets girls should go she's the biggest Rockets fan I've seen

18. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Why can't it just be common sense?

I never said Rocketgirl was the best fan representation, so sending someone more worthy is more than fine with me..however, she's easily one of the most well known Rockets' fans, not just by other fans, but members of the Rockets organization, which i think is HUGE. The only thing more important, than other fans knowing she's a big fan, is the Rockets themselves knowing it.

How involved is Nick Gilbert in Cavs basketball? how long has he been involved? Couldn't have been more than 14 or 15 years at the time. Does he gets extra points just because he was born into having access behind the scenes? At his age, i'd say he's probably been involved more by association and not choice. Would he still have been picked if he wasn't diagnosed with NF and they could present a feel good story? I doubt it. Maybe he's a better representation of a hero, which was how he was presented, but not basketball.

19. LoyalRocket

LoyalRocket Member

RocketsGirl 4 NBA lottery its really not a question it the least Rockets can do if they plan to keep being medicore...if not rocketsgirl then Clutch of clutchfans I mean why not? What they're gonna keep sending players they probably plan to trade anyway!!!

20. CCorn

CCorn Member

Rocketgirl would be good, but I agree Paul should go. He'd break Stern's ankles.