1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Two good articles you won't find

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Anas acuta, Apr 26, 2012.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Honestly, do you understand anything about the concept of a newsire? Do you know what Thomson Reuters is?

Here is a protip - it is among the 2 or 3 largest news agencies in the world, along with the AP, AFP, and others.

Every single major newspaper and media outlet worth its salt all carrry items from reuters. That's what teh concept of a wire service is meant to do.

Thus far, the article posted above "that you won't find", in the stupefying words of dear anas acuta, has been published by 860 different news outlets (and counting). It will probably be well over 1000 by tomorrow.

Please look yourself - I used this interesting item called "Google" to obtain this highly secretive information - you're welcome:

https://news.google.com/news/story?...sult&ct=more-results&resnum=1&ved=0CCsQqgIwAA

So, rest assured my friend - "the media" , by creating stories like this, and disseminating them and publishing them worldwide is not surpressing anything - rather they're providing a nice little vehicle for you and your cool story bro "anas acuta" to publicly embarrass yourselves by saying "no major media will cover this" when in fact, it's the tie that binds your little pity party.

:)

2. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

Congratulations. They actually did some reporting. I can't watch the video right now. Maybe later, I'll assume it's relevant and you're not tricking me knowing that I can't watch to confirm!

Perhaps it was reported. Was it reported as much as the BS reported initially by MSNBC, The Times, CNN, etc.

I don't watch the news very often, I generally stick to cnn.com, aljazeera, and Capitol Digest, but from what I did see during the period directly following the incident was a wave of journalism calling for Zimmerman's head and the shouts of anger as citizens believed what they read and wrote, that Zimmerman was a racist who hunted down Martin that evening. Heck, we even heard Senators and Presidents making comments about the case. Completely unprofessional. I am getting off topic. The point is there was a slew of prejudicial reporting initially following the event and it was weeks before anyone really seemed to care enough to write the other side of the story.

Again I am not saying that NO ONE wrote about the other side. Just that the national media initially played heavy favorites to Martin's side before even gathering ANY evidence.

3. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

No need to be a condescending prick about it Sam.

Just because news agencies PICKED it up doesn't mean they did their due dilligence in reporting it. How many hours did cnn talk non stop about the unjustice done at the hands of Zimmerman. Now you hear both sides, because they got caught.

4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

No, there definitely is.

You two looked like complete idiots posting a wire service story and then claiming some media conspiracy to suppress information. It's simply not a credible argument and not one that anybody would knowingly make in good faith without subjecting themselves to deserved mockery and ridicule.

It needs to be noted, so that you can be berated and hopefully cowed into silence, or at least sufficiently marginalized in the eyes of third parties so as to instantly discredity any further eruptions or ejaculations emanating from your addled minds.

Effectlvely, you are now Hester Prynne, your figurative scarlet I for extreme ignorance serving as a deterrent against future idiocy. If the gods are good, we will be rewarded with less of such...yet since they likely don't exist, I fear the worst. :(

2 people like this.
  5. Anas acuta

Anas acuta Member

This is one of those dumbass comments I'm talking about.
    That's about as narrow minded as it gets when it comes to this whole ordeal. You probably won't be sure how a jury was able to find someone like that not guilty of murder too.:rolleyes:

6. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

But, but everybody knows the liberal media conspires to bias people to liberal causes. Just ask any conservarager they will bemoan it until their red faces explode with rage.

7. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

So there was no media conspiracy to bend the truth to fit an agenda?
    So MSNBC didn't cut the 911 tape to make it appear a certain way?
    So for weeks following the incident you heard maybe 10 seconds of defense for every 50 seconds of accusations?
    But, but, the news wire, the posted it!!!

Belittling doesn't win the argument, nor does your retort to my initial comments.

The media didn't equally report both sides of the story, or even all of the information. They saw a story, sensationalized it, and convinced the nation a man was guilty before he stepped foot in court.

8. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

Keep movin' that goal post bud.

9. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

OMG I COULD NOT FIND THESE ARTICLES ANYWHERE BECAUSE THEY WERE HIDDEN BY NOBAMA HUSSEIN AND THE LAMESTREAM MEDIAS!!!!! IT IS A CONSPIRACY AGAINST WHITE PEOPLES AND THEY WANT TO TAKE ALL MY MONEYS!!!!!!! IS SOCLIAIZMS!!!!! SAVE ALL THE WHITE PPLZ!!! NO MATTER WAHT I WANT TO MAKE SURE THAT I REMAIN SUPERIOR BECAUSE I KNOW I CAN'T BE ON TOP BUT I JUST DON'T WANT TO BE ON THE BOTTOMS!!!! I AM BETTER THAN BLACK PEOPLES~!!!!!! SAVE THE WHITEYS!!!! EVIL MEDIA RACISM CONSPIRAICIES!!!!

...there are a lot of cunty liberals, but why are conservatives so ****ing stupid?

10. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

The interview is from a couple of weeks ago (roundabout), and it is him saying just about what is in the article from Fox. I believe he did a separate interview with Fox first, and that is why they ran the first story.

You may not see it plastered around everywhere because it was a political analyst invited to a talk show.

Do I think there is bias in the media? Absolutely. Who is the worst offender? IMO, Fox News. Do I think there is a bias pro-Martin by most media? Yes, but I think that is understandable since he we generally are respectful of the deceased, particularly when they didn't deserve to die.

11. Major

Major Member

So to clarify, you chose not to read the thread on this particular subject and instead posted articles about the subject and claimed that you'll never find those articles here despite the fact that they are, in fact, here?

Maybe the problem isn't the articles, but your own unwillingness to actually read.

12. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

Pretty much my entire connection to this case has been the media's portrayal of the case from the start. Had everything happened exactly the same, minus the manipulated 911 tape, nothing would interest me in this case any more than any other homicide in Florida. That has been the topic and concern of the vast majority of my posts.

I believe it would have been more appropriate for the media to report the news. Don't twist and spin things to fit your headlines. The most obvious examples, the photo they showed of Martin was of a 12 y.o., very different from a 17 y.o. physically (incredibly relevant to the way they "reported" this story"), and a 5 y.o. picture of Zimmerman as well, one that shows him much heavier and in a mugshot. I am talking about the initial reporting over a month ago. This wouldn't be very offensive, had they not illustrated their story of Zimmerman facing a much smaller opponent and as a monstrous killer who could have never felt threatened by such a feeble child. That was the way CNN displayed it the first night I heard about the case and I felt terrible for the kid. Until, days later the full tape was heard and their story wasn't really supported with much evidence.

They slapped the public in the fact with the rape card when they aired that grossly manipulated 911 tape. From the beginning they suggested it was a racially motivated crime, that he was basically saying Martin was suspicious because of his skin color. Almost like Zimmerman shot a black kid cause he was in a white-neighborhood.

If Corey is withholding evidence from the affidavit it would be perjury, but unless some new evidence comes to light, you can't prove either way who approached who, or who started the fight.

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

14. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I can understand this but so often it just seems insincere when I hear people gripe about the media.

trueroxfan, do you find this (molding a story to fit a shocking headline) to be unique to this story? do you think it's unique to "liberal media"?

I find that there is bias in all media, and has been forever. However, it's fairly easy to find different takes and begin to form your own opinion when dealing with a case as large as this.

15. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

No, and it's not all the media. I should not generalize like that. And this is certainly not the only case where the media has leaned a certain way. However, I can't remember the last time the media was caught blatantly and maliciously editing evidence so that it could fit their headline. There are conservative networks that do the same thing and it's shameful.

16. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

Sorta awesome that you like ducks so much that you'd create a EBB name that sounds so much like Anus and not care.

And then you said "It got too strong in there... I had to vacate."

Awesome.

17. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

There are the people that call for more evidence and then the people that try to attack and stereotype Trayvon Martin's race in order to defend Zimmerman's. They play the race card first so subsequently they deserve to get railed on. Its only fair.

All this crap about the media is just beating a dead horse. Educated people will view all sources available and find a middle point. Uneducated people will be swayed by the sensationalist media headlines; not much you can do about it there.

TL;DR: CONSERVATIVES, STOP BAITING LIBERALS INTO PLAYING THE RACE CARD.

18. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

One post sums up the whole thread

19. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Educated people won't be on the internet arguing with all the other uneducated "folks".

20. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

Stop generalizing like a pompous jack ass.

Conservatives don't bait liberals any more than liberals bait conservatives. Not to mention race has nothing to do with conservatism. Oh George Washington, you had it right.