1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Two good articles you won't find

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Anas acuta, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Anas acuta

Anas acuta Member

You don't say........

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/04/25/us-usa-florida-shooting-zimmerman-idUSBRE83O18H20120425

2 people like this.
  2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I found it pretty easy to find those articles.

They are both posted by major international news services (even if we stretch the definition to include FN)

Why were they so difficult for you to find, so much so that you had to make a new thread about it?

:confused:

3. Anas acuta

Anas acuta Member

You aren't going to find them posted here for sure. You certainly aren't going to find the media making a big deal out them either.

4. SamFisher

I am not going to find them here? You just posted them...:confused:...I just did.

They were published by one of the largest news wire services on teh planet (which means it gets reprinted in hundreds and hundreds of newspapers and other outlets). If that's not "the media" then nothing is.

So, it appears you are demonstrably wrong on both counts.

5. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

found 'em.

do I get a cookie?

6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Another article you won't find

Excellent work by Jesse Jackson freeing American servicemen and hostages when Government wasn't able to.

7. Anas acuta

Anas acuta Member

Turn the news on tonight. I'm sure you'll see it.:rolleyes:

How typical of you to focus on the something else besides the point of the article.

8. Anas acuta

Anas acuta Member

All the other jackazz antics he's pulled overshadows all that. Just like in my line of work. One *****up ruins 100 atta'boys.

9. Nook

Nook Member

More detail than most other articles rehashing the same five points.. Still not sure why this deserves it's own thread.

10. SamFisher

See what? A wire service article? No, they generally don't hold up print articles for viewers to read in most newscasts. That's for sure. Or is there some other point you're trying to make?

??? I think we established the point of this thread was that we couldn't find these articles, which is why you put it in the title - or else you would have put them in the other thread - correct? :confused:

11. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

I believe both of these articles have been posted in the Trayvon thread.

12. Anas acuta

Anas acuta Member

The dumbass got too strong for me in there. Had to vacate.

13. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Thank you for making it one less dumbass.

14. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Yeah. All those damned liberals defending Trayvon just because he's black. How dare they oppose the (half)master race?

15. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

What's actually troubling is the attacks on people who are standing up for Zimmerman. Even worse is the people who are undecided and would like to hear factual evidence that hasn't been made available to the public nor THE DEFENDENT, are being attacked as well.

I left that thread a long time ago as well because it came down to 2 guys standing up for Zimmerman and everyone else bashing them and calling them racists. Say what you will about those posters and your opinion of them, but not everyone is a racist just because they don't agree with the media's portrayal of the suspect.

While this thread may seem unnecessary to you, the contents are actually quite valuable. You may have been able to find them by searching, but this information was not reported on the major news networks or newspapers. They put it on the front page when it fit their race-tensions agenda, but when there is evidence that could disprove that theory it's way in the back behind a story of a cat who can juggle.

1 person likes this.
  16. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

repped.

17. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Then pay closer attention. There are several who disagree with the Zimmerman defenders, but haven't called them racists.

I will say that gwayneco posts as much if not more about the race than anyone else in this thread. It's crazy. He's all up in arms because some people dared to think race might be an issue. What is it with some folks that go crazy when race is brought up?

18. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Anas acuta, bigtexx, AroundtheWorld, gwayneco, and basso are all gonna start a Blindly and Rabidly Conservative Meetup group soon:

We meet at different restaurants each Wednesday night, rant, eat good food, rant, drink beer, and rant! Come one come all (except liberals)!!

19. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

Like I said, I got out a long time ago. Once I (so I thought) had made my point clear that no one knew either way what happened that night, and until the police or the prosecutors decided to release all the information (which they didn't put in the affidavit) everything argued was all based on hearsay, misinformation by the media, and assumptions.

You're right, there are people who didn't acuse people of racism. There were many who got very personal with those who disagreed with them.

What is it with people going crazy when the race card is unjustly played? Played so hard in fact that the chances of a fair trial are questioned?

20. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

They are links to major News Networks. How about the fact that this was on MSNBC?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vSK9tMfLmbc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

NY Post

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/zimm_own_black_roots_drive_to_aid_acj8TBRV1K2T3VbQZYo9JK

Edit: I'm not sure how people can defend someone that followed and killed an unarmed teenager who was walking home from the store.