1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trayvon Martin

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocket River, Mar 10, 2012.

1. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Again are all of these facts? Was he beaten up? Did you see the tape Hear the audio?

Was he beaten up by a group or just one person with a group of people around? Again is there tape or video?

Did they mention him? Do we have audio or some other undeniable proof?

Do you know if they are black or dark Hispanics? I remember when people earlier in this thread were quick to remind everybody that Zimmerman was Hispanic and not white. Could the circumstances be the same here?

I'm neither confirming or denying any of this just stating we need more FACTS.

If you're going to ask for undeniable proof in one situation, we need to ask for it in ALL situations.

2. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

There isn't strong evidence and a punch does not deserve a bullet.

It is unknown who started the fight, and we can only get one side of the story. George Zimmerman made sure of that. We do know Trayvon wasn't doing anything illegal when Zimmerman started following him. We can assume, and according to his girlfriend, that he was bothered by the strange man following him.

3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Great post.

4. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

This post represents that you've given up.

The people who should close their mouths are the black lynch mobs beating whites in the name of Trayvon.

90% of the talk about racial topics comes from the right? No clue how you arrived at that number, but Rocket River started this thread, and a writer named Trymaine Lee was one of the first to take this story national. So your argument just crumbled.

I follow closely the chatter on the internet coming from sources like blackhairmedia.com and believe me, the arrest didn't quench any outrage. Just look at the twitterati and their threats to kill Zimmerman!

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

YES! I am black . . . but . . I would not say I am a member of 'The Left'
    unless 'The Left' means everyone who does not agree with you on every subject
    or
    'The Left' means everyone that does not believe minorities have no rights that any non-minority has to respect. . . .

I posted the story because. . .it had not been posted
    I thought it was interesting . . .
    200+ pages later . .. i think others think it is interesting too

[I posted a thread on the TV show Revenge . . . .I like that show . . .
    I wonder if that is my Left Leaning tendencies too ]

Rocket River

6. T.Mcgrady

T.Mcgrady Member

That's the problem, what kind of idiot thinks posts on "blackhairmedia.com"/twitter are representative of blacks as a whole. Don't go to worldstarhiphop's comments and feel like they're representative of how African American's feel about a certain topic.

The Black Panthers are extremists. Blacks which jump whites and scream Trayvon are not indicative of jack **** - they're just idiots trying to justify a crime.

The majority weren't going out protesting against white power. They were protesting signs of faulty investigative work and Zimmerman walking free after killing a minor.

Zimmerman has been charged and is going to court - mission accomplished.

There will be no race war regardless of the outcome.

7. Granville

Granville Member

LOL.... The known lefty's in this thread have done nothing but call people racists for having a different view. They also don't have the common sense to debunk stupid hoodie profiling theories that fan the flames of unjust charges of racism.

Go buy a clue and then close your own mouth.

8. Granville

Granville Member

You seem to leave out stuff after the punch like banging someone's head in to the ground / cement. There's evidence of that and you and others seem to conviently avoid that.

9. Granville

Granville Member

So you are not a lefty but you think righties believe minorities have no rights that any non-minority has to respect. . . . Do you guys read the **** you write before you post it?

10. gwayneco

gwayneco Contributing Member

Do you need more facts to determine if the sun rises in the east? Don't be so r****ded.

11. gwayneco

The best evidence is consistent with Zimmerman's account of Martin being the aggressor.

12. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I guess you can prove all that and have evidence to back it up? I'm just asking for what you all and myself have asked for this entire thread. Let's get more facts before accusing anybody of anything, right?

I also did it without using inflammatory and derogatory statements like you did above. Stay classy gwayneco, stay classy.

13. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

debatable.

14. gwayneco

In the Zimmerman case, I have presented evidence that contradicts the established Martin narrative. Do you have any evidence that contradicts the accounts in this story? If you do, let's see it.

15. wekko368

wekko368 Member

I brought this up before, but I'm not sure if you ever responded to it. Even if Martin did throw the first punch, that can be construed as self-defense. And if that happens, then Zimmerman would legally become the aggressor (due to him pursuing Martin), right?

16. T.Mcgrady

T.Mcgrady Member

What evidence? May I see it.

17. gwayneco

It's a theoretical possibility, but the evidence is not there to support that conclusion. We have incomplete evidence, and that is what makes this case hard.

18. gwayneco

Been there, done that.

19. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Actually, there is evidence to support it.

During the 911 call, Zimmerman told the dispatcher that Martin saw Zimmerman watching him from the car. And then he told the dispatcher that Martin was running away.

So it's easy to understand Martin's state of mind. He was clearly aware of Zimmerman and afraid, and the fact that Martin was unfamiliar w/ the area only exacerbated the situation. It's not unreasonable to think that when Martin encountered Zimmerman (this time on foot) again, Martin legitimately feared for his safety. And if that's the case, Martin would've been legally allowed to defend himself, even if that meant throwing the first punch.

20. Anas acuta

Anas acuta Member

He's just pointing out how embarrassing it should be to be a black person right now. I know I would be.