1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets interested in Andrew Bogut

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cod, Mar 10, 2012.

1. cod

cod Member

crushed. i would still be up for a patterson deal to get ilyasova and delfino.

2. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

Thank God I really dont like this as much as some people do, I have a feeling they want to unload a whole bunch of crap on who ever takes on Bogut.

3. cod

cod Member

Maybe no Bogut, but the Rockets could look to unload Martin's contract. Especially if Dwight is not moved.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/142322245.html

4. Buck88

Buck88 Contributing Member

If Bogut gets traded for a deal less then say Martin, Dally, and Patterson/nyc pick I am done with Morey. Unless of course he does something better then Bogut.

5. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

I know the last report said the Rockets weren't interested in Bogut but I personally would give up a lot for a Jennigns and Bogut combo.

6. Buck88

Buck88 Contributing Member

So would I, however so would other teams. The Rockets limited assets would hinder and trade for both Jennings and Bogut.

7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Why would anyone give up a LOT for Jennings + Bogut? You realize this is the 1-2 punch in the LEastern Conference that has accomplished nothing, right?

That Bogut is constantly injured, and even when not, isn't THAT special - a top center, sure, but that's not saying much. Which is besides the point because he IS constantly injured. He is basically a 15-16 PER guy when healthy. Since his major injury, he has been a below average scorer as well, so is no longer efficient. And he gets paid $13 and $14 million the next two years. I concede that he is a solid interior presence and defender.. but again, he's never healthy.

Jennings is OK, young and cheap... but we already have a version of that, probably better.

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

According to Ken Berger at cbs sport:

Link

9. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Any source on the draft picks? I'd assume it would be the ny pick and minny second rd pick.

10. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

sorry. meant to say word on what draft picks are included.

11. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

I gues it would come down to how many, I would hate to give up our future for an injury prone center and a drama headcase that will also clash with our coach and will end up rotting in the bench.

12. Carl Herrera

Sounds about right. Future picks hard to trade due to the pick owed to NJ.

13. Carl Herrera

Jax isn't all that relevant. Only 1 yr left on the deal. Besides, maybe he can play a little. This is all about how cnfidenf you feel about Bogut.

14. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Jax is from PA, TX (home of UGK) so I think coming home could add extra motivation. I would do trade, although I hate losing Lee.

15. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

is it worth it

16. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

From the tweet:

17. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Losing Lee is offset by picking up Jax (Dwight attractant). We could always sign Lee back in the offseason with our cap space. Bogut would be bait for Orlando to send us Dwight. We send Martin and Dally to Milwaukee. Bogut goes to Orlando along with Lowry and Patterson and a pick. We get Dwight. Still have enough pieces left over to get DWill if NJ throws in the towel with Dragic, Morris, Scola, expiring, pick.

#197 jopatmc, Mar 12, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2012
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Woohoo... actual news on the front

19. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

I'd hate to lose Lee.

20. BoomTown

BoomTown Member

If this trade goes down...we will likely have 0 picks in a very talented draft class