1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Manning interested in Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by drewd17, Feb 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

rezdawg isn't parading himself around to be Mr. Texans' Insider like McClain does. When fans hear news through places like PFT, they want some confirmation from the appointed "Texans Insider" and his answer is almost always false. It's like he's a little kid (more like Angus), if he's not the one breaking the news first he's not going to give the story the time of day except saying its not true.

2. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Eric Winston cut today

3. cardpire

cardpire Member

he also has higher cholesterol levels than all of us combined.

any idiot can say manning isn't coming to houston and be right. doesn't mean reliable inside source leaks or any reliable homework was done to make that claim. there's a reason nobody ever takes what he says seriously.

4. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

5. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

McClain says Texans don't want Peyton, but doesn't say he confirmed it with anyone in the organization.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Pancakes can't even find out who is getting cut. He's a joke.

7. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

McClain likes Schuab he's just protecting him. It was the same thing last year with Kubiak rumors..He ended up being right but I think he just wants to protect his buddies..

He had no knowledge of the Winston cut...Why would the Texans tell McClain if they had interest in Peyton? Makes no sense to leak it

8. cardpire

cardpire Member

exactly my thoughts. winston being cut is much less of a story. the texans clearly don't tell him anything.

9. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Usually, Pancakes gets in a major huff when someone scoops him and it goes against what he's been saying from his couch comfortably out of the loop.

I very much suspect the Texans put in a due diligence call. But, like Mario, it comes down to whether Peyton wants to make it happen. He'd have to be open to a very small check and no promises to win the job.

I also suspect that the Texans are using McClain to hush any leaks about it, because it's human nature that guys like Schaub will be alienated. Look at what happened to Kevin Martin this year. Easy for us to say shut up and do your job, but modern day pro leagues are dominated by the need to deal with athlete egos and personalities.

10. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  11. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Aww your pictures keep getting cuter and cuter. Must be racking up those rep points huh?

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Bob says Peyton still interested; says "still a longshot but intriguing." Says he doesn't know how much interest, if any, there is from the Texans side and not sure how committed they are to Matt.

Maybe Bobby Mac can end the speculation tomorrow.

13. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Bob who?

14. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Bob McNair? Bobby Mac? Get it?

15. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

Bob Allen from ABC13 most likely

16. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

I get that but that's not who he was talking about. I guess Bob Allen is like Rocket Guy said.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

1st Bob = Bob Allen, who "broke" the story.
    2nd Bob aka Bobby Mac = Bob McNair

Apologies :p

18. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

Don't get butt hurt just because i poke fun of your #1 houston texans insider source guy.

19. TheresTheDagger

Look at it this way. There is NO WAY the Texans would let Pancakes no of any interest in Manning.

The team (if interested) HAS to keep it on the down low so as to not to let word leak and show disloyalty to Schaub in case things don't work out.

The way I see it, there has been a lot of cap room freed up recently. Hmmmm...

20. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Yea, cap room to resign their own players. I just don't see the Texans going after Manning. I never saw them as that bold.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.