1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jbasket, Feb 8, 2012.

Tags:
  1. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

That's a pretty cheap way to get an upper hand in an argument.

2. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I was convinced before Lin came around that Knicks were going to sneak into the playoffs regardless. Their are just too many bad teams in the east. Knicks and Bucks were neck and neck for 8th seed but with the injury to Bogut and team chemistry issues with SJax and Jennings talking about wanting to be on a big market team, I know Bucks aren't going to keep up.

3. YallMean

YallMean Member

Yeah, if you really watched the mn game that wasnt even broadcasted in minny, that says a lot about you already. ;)

4. Spooner

Spooner Member

Just a simple question. I'm not even arguing. I don't have anything against Lin. I think he will be solid, but I don't think he will be a star in the NBA.

I have watched every Knicks game this season. Honestly it's a little disconcerting to see so many "Rockets fans" rooting for the Knicks, let alone, throwing our own players and management under the bus in the process.

5. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

If you wanna look at Lin's stats, then check out this one......

5-0 1.000

Yeah, that's right....W's. Lin majors in W's my friend. Some of you are doing the same stupid stuff you do with Rubio, analyzing his 35% shooting percentage without watching the games and seeing how he is dominating games. You are ridiculous.

LIN IS WINNING BALLGAMES WITH JARED JEFFRIES AND BILL WALKER!!!!!

Sheesh!

6. Spooner

Spooner Member

I was holding out hope considering the Cavs were doing well, pre-Varajao injury. The Bucs were still winning and beating teams like the Heat, and the Knicks have arguably the hardest schedule in the league come March and April. No matter how Lin turns out, he has definitely changed the course for that team. To say, I'm not a little biased for that reason alone would be a lie....

7. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I support Morey's decision to cut Lin, because the circumstances warranted.

I do not however support Knicks, I support Lin because he's a true underdog story. I also hate the fact that the Knicks are winning more games than they should.

8. YallMean

YallMean Member

Lin at elbow pnr with STAT , wow, cant wait,
    Lin lie and wait at trey line while Melo does his things. Wow, cant wait.
    Lin is going to Melo and STAT life much more enjoyable. He can push. He can dish. what you gonna do. he will stop, he will pop, he will dice and slice, what you gonna do.

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Sure, he shot .515. Judge by that? What else? Okay, they won all 5 games. And? Yep, against the likes of Wall and Rubio. Not enough? How about against two Lakers 7 footers shutting down the lane? Next.

10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Your question has nothing to do with Jeremy Lin. The answer is NO. Most of us are NOT happy that New York is winning. That's why some people want Morey's head. I for one don't blame Morey but won't pretend that it's not a mistake.

If you think we are rooting for the Knicks, you have reading comprehension problem.

11. J-Tang

J-Tang Member

Ramon Sessions and Flip Murray had similar stints with stats like these too. Do you think he is really that special if we take that in consideration?

12. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

I think a lot of it can be contributed to his usage. This is the third game where he had a nearly immaculate first half, then simply crashed in the second. I don't think his conditioning is quite there for the minutes D'Antoni's putting him through.

The return of Stoudemire and Carmelo should ease his minutes some, reducing his usage and turnovers. Right now he's being driven into the ground, however.

13. MamboRock

MamboRock Member

There used to be a street named after Jeremy Lane, but it was changed because nobody crosses Jeremy Lin and lives.

14. YallMean

YallMean Member

Both are shoot first guards that dont make others better. Lin lead starless knicks to a perfect week while not looking for his but put up big numbers anyways. No comparisons. Those who say there is just hate Asians, you knw who you are. Not you Tang, obviously.

15. Spooner

Spooner Member

What are you talking about? Flip Murray isn't a point guard.

Ramone Sessions is anything but a shoot first point guard. He actually leads the Cavs in assists per game over Irving. He's had games where he has gone 24 assists 20 points in a game.

Three days ago, while Irving was out with a concussion he put up 24 points and 13 assists. He didn't have to play 39 to 45 minutes to do this either. Does this mean I hate Asian people? :confused:

16. Jonhty

Jonhty Member

so 2 players that had stints like that turned out to be average eventually. does that mean all other players with stints like that became stars? i like Lin's chance.

17. Spooner

Spooner Member

-____________________________-

18. cuddie

cuddie Member

Spooner, I just want to ask. What exactly are you trying to prove here? People here are rooting for Lin because he's been put down his whole NBA career. People were calling him a certified scrub and picking Jonny Flynn over him. Now he leads his team to 5 wins in a row putting up great numbers with a fantastic PER and all you can do is bring up Flip Murray?

Jesus, people. Nobody here is a Knicks fan but we want to see him succeed because of posters like you, who continue to spew irrational hate (however masked it may be) in the face of his success.

We like underdog stories, hell we know all about being underdogs as Rockets fans. For an undrafted Harvard grad who has been snubbed his entire life to do what he's done is inspiring, to say the least.

19. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

he's winning games without stars. i dont know if even sessions could pull off winning all those games with this squad much less flip murray. if i were a knicks fan, i wouldnt care how many TOs he had as long as he helped pull out the win.

20. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

This is the dream week of his life. Sure he will come down but we're just trying to enjoy it along with him while it last.