1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

UH to hire Tony Levine as head football coach

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by OkayAyeReloaded, Dec 21, 2011.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

SFA coach? :eek:

2. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I was thinking the same thing? Same system?

3. Poloshirtbandit

Yeah. Another Air Raid guy.

4. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

I read in the Chronicle today that UH landed an incredible 2 out of the top 100 Texas HS football players. It going to be tough for Levine considering so many valuable players will be leaving on both sides of the ball. No help in the recruiting department.

5. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

The OC was at West Texas A&M where he studied and copied from Leach's system.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

[rquoter]UH adds Ricky Logo to coach D-line with Carlton Hall. Logo mentored Osi Umenyiora and Demarcus Ware at Troy. Logo will focus on def. Tackles[/rquoter]

7. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

8. tierre_brown

tierre_brown Contributing Member

9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

This class ended up being killer. Snagged the Tillman kid as well, the one who got the rug pulled out from under him by those buttholes at Stanford. Randle from LSU is already enrolled. 2012 will be a fun farewell tour in CUSA, 2013 is going to be amazing though. New stadium, new conference, and these kids should be hitting their stride. Lots to look forward to.

1 person likes this.
  10. paulftsk

paulftsk Member

Great time to be a Coog, sir!

11. Takeoff

Takeoff Member

12. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Notre Dame fan checking in.. Greenberry is an absolute stud. Hurt to lose that one. He was supposed to be a package deal with his cousin, Tee Shepard, whose also a stud -- but ND always got the sense that Greenberry wasn't fully on board.

I'll never understand HS kids committing to assistant coaches, but that's another story.

13. Nook

Nook Member

I committed to my college based on an assistant coach. The reason is that usually you spend far more time with an assistant coach, they usually are more familiar with the kids than a head coach and the assistant coach sometimes have more time to spend with recruits.

14. LongTimeFan

Well, no offense, but I think that is dumb.

You're committing to a school for the next four years -- why is it an assistant coach is that high on your list? I'd care more about comfort, academics, school life, talent you're playing with, etc.

If the two schools are more or less even, sure, I can see an assistant coach putting one school over the top.

Take for instance, Tosh Lupoi. He is a defensive line coach. Now suddenly when he leaves Cal for Washington, Safety Shaq Thompson flips to Washington. WR Jordan Payton momentarily flips to Washington (believe he flipped again today). I just don't understand how you can follow an assistant coach, especially one that doesn't even coach your position.

15. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

These are young men and they might be looking for mentors. Just because the assistant coach isn't directly involved he can still lend an ear.

16. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

I think Levine is the real brains of UH football. Similar to Chris Peterson at Boise St. Which would make Sumlin Dan Hawkins. Which by extension means Aggie will suck to infinity and beyond.

17. PhiSlammaJamma

The truth of the matter is that we are better than Notre Dame right now. We are better than many of the big schools.

1 person likes this.
  18. LongTimeFan

No, you're not. You play in a terrible conference and beat crappy teams -- that does not make you a good team.

19. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

Looking at the espn board, it looks like they lost out on the Wr from Lousiana and the qb from alabama.

20. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

The QB from Bama was a Kingsbury recruit. Do you know where he signed? A&M? Middle Tennessee State? If you guess MTSU, you would be right.

The WR from LA was a loss but the Coogs made up for it by signing a WR from Allen, TX and don't forget the ND WR decommit.