1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2011-12

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ric_flair

ric_flair Member

i know we are not suppose to look ahead, but NY schedule in March and early April is rough. They definitely wont make the playoffs...

2. ric_flair

ric_flair Member

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=8xgbgzf

Cleveland is in the final spot of the Eastern playoffs, with Mil and NY on their tail. There owner wants to be in the playoff so bad after the Lebron ordeal. Martin Irving is a nice back court with Martin providing the experience.

Rockets get a solid SF of the future, a Texas guy, and a solid backup and asset in sessions.

3. AFS

AFS Member

Don't see it happening. They took Thompson with the fourth pick of the draft (choosing to pass on Valanciunas to do so). They must value him a lot and I doubt they'd give him up for a player so much older.

4. ric_flair

ric_flair Member

true but older players help in the playoffs. If not they will easily get bounced and have to wait for another chance. But maybe you're right.

5. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I want to keep Martin, but would like to send Scola somewhere, preferrably to a contender. How about to SA for Splitter?

6. rockets06

rockets06 Member

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7pvck3z

7. sgl_carlos

sgl_carlos Member

Why would the nets want lee again? and for the blazers : replace crash with bud and kmart. they are already stacked in the sg position. with crawford and matthews

8. darmor90

darmor90 Member

How does this sound?

Kevin Martin
    Johnny Flynn
    Terrence Williams
    NYK pick

for

Eric Gordon
    Chris Kaman

Reason Hornets do it:
    -They get Martin, with whom they had interest in during the offseason.
    -They get to rebuild with 3 lottery picks in 2012 (depending on whether the TWolves or Knicks make playoffs. The Knicks are increasingly looking more like a lottery team this year."
    -New Orleans gets younger by getting rid of Kaman
    -The 2009 flyers may see their potential in a not so talented Hornets team.

Reason Rockets do it:
    -They get Gordon to pair with Lowry for a decent future.
    -Gordon makes for better trade bait. (Inside the head of Morey)
    -Kaman wouldn't hurt to have, especially if we make the playoffs.

9. rockets06

rockets06 Member

for one he used to play with Howard and two the Magic would like to get him back, so either scenerio.

10. darmor90

darmor90 Member

In addition to this trade I was thinking this too-

Rockets get:
    Paul Milsap
    Metta World Peace

Lakers get:
    Scola

Jazz get:
    Marcus Morris
    Matt Barnes
    (Lakers Odom trade exception)

Reason for Rockets:
    We get Milsap to be our 4. We can amnesty World Peace or keep him.

Reason for Lakers:
    -Get to use their amnesty for Scola
    A. Scola can man the second unit like World Peace is doing now and do better with it.
    B. Scola looks better to trade for Dwight/Deron than World Peace

Reason for Jazz:
    A. They get to shed salary and pick up a lottery pick in Morris.

Now take the last trade with the first and our lineup would look like this:

PG Lowry/Gragic
    SG Gordon/Lee/(World Peace)
    SF Parsons/Budinger/(World Peace)
    PF Milsap/Patterson/Adrien/(Greg Smith)
    C Dalembert/Kaman/Hill/Thabeet

*() = Depending on if we amnesty World Peace, and assuming if we do that we sign bring up Smith.

That team within a year can compete with anyone in the league. I would take that team over many other teams.

11. Spooner

Spooner Member

Interesting proposition, but first of all, you can't amnesty a player after you trade for him. Ron Artest couldn't be amnestied in this case. It would be hard for me at least, to imagine the Jazz giving up Milsap for a prospect who may never reach Milsap's production. I understand that Utah is deep in the frontcourt, but Milsap has been very good for them. I think any trade involving Milsap would be for an immediate upgrade at another position for Utah given their recent play.

12. darmor90

darmor90 Member

I thought about their success and whether or not that would factor into to them trading Milsap. BUT I don't think they will keep up with their winning ways, so maybe I can see them parting away with talent for cap space and Morris. The cap space is probably more valuable to the Jazz than Morris is; the Jazz are right at the cap and not looking to really contend anytime soon, plus all of the young talent they have will need to get paid in time. Of course this is all speculation, but I can see this trade happening at the deadline when the Jazz start playing better opponents (the Jazz have had an easy schedule to open up).

13. Spooner

Spooner Member

Ya I can see that happening. Let's hope Utah falls back to earth. Looking at the west, there is a great chance they miss the playoffs. I really like the Gordon trade. That one makes a ton of sense.

14. Garner

Garner Member

Eric Gordon has more value than Kevin Martin.

They aren't trading a starting center for a non-playoff teams 3rd string PG and SF.

15. slickricky

slickricky Contributing Member

Martin/LEE/SCOLA for Wallace/Batum/Camby (expiring)

yes we will have a whole at the 4 but the 4 spot is a dime a dozen in ever draft... every other position will be set and we will free cap space with camby's expiring allowing us to shore up any other needs

Dalembert/
    PP/ Draft (FA)
    Wallace/Parsons
    Batum
    Lowry/Dragic

That will be our 8 man rotation

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

That is actually a pretty decent trade all the way around......and it would be great from our perspective too.

DD

17. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

I thought the hornets wanted expiring or cheap contracts, so why would they get rid of Kaman? If anything Okafor would be more available than Kaman if that's the case. And Gordon when healthy is exactly what we need to compliment Lowry. Crazy potential and can get his own shot off without help.

Rockets trade- Martin, Bud, Sammy, Flynn, Dragic, Lee, NY pick, 2013 1st rd pick (top-8 protected), Minny 2012 2nd rd pick, 2 Future 2nd rd picks

Hornets trade- Gordon, Okafor, Jack

Lowry/ Jack
    Gordon/ T-will
    Parsons/ Morris
    Scola/ Patterson
    Okafor/ Hill

18. Garner

Garner Member

Why does this make sense?

Gordon was the lynch pin to the cp3 deal, something Martin, a pick, and '09 trash couldn't get done.

So why do they want to swap their loot for what the league slammed down in the first place?

19. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

This x100

20. rockets06

rockets06 Member

Maybe if Stern wasn't a piece of crap choosing the best scenario in his mind maybe they would.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.