1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Spurs 101, Rockets 95

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 11, 2012.

1. cujo

cujo Member

Lowry and Martin..trying to draw too many fouls instead just tryin to score the damn ball. You gotta read these dumb refs and adjust to their lopsided calls.

2. jonkey86

jonkey86 Member

Martin needs to go. he needs to understand that he wont get his usual calls in the 4th quarter crunch time

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

First Rockets season for me that a win is great but a loss is ok too. Here is to less HDTV tossing, puppy punting and hair pulling in 2012!

4. MiracleShot

MiracleShot Member

Not very encouraging when its an OT.. But anyways. What was up with the BS officiating on Duncan? He just lost the ball and threw up his hands and Patterson (who was 5 feet away) is whistled for a foul. 2 points. Difference in the game right there. Countless missed and-1s or fouls on our side, difference in the game right there. All rigging aside, this one is on McHale.

5. Entropy

Entropy Member

Parsons should have played the entirety of OT. Martin should have stayed glued on the bench. Refs, Tony Parker aside--this game was lost because of Mchale's decision making.

6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Kyle Lowry had a tough game tonight...

(He still put up 22-7-6-3, but he was definitely tired out there...)

7. cujo

cujo Member

Duncan/parker/ref = winning combination.

8. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

How many ******* travels can Duncan get away with??? Jesus christ.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I do not think it was winnable though. Duncan just failed to convert. The team is just not ready to be playing on this level day in and day out and closing out. Give them more time to figure out. Hopefully we get Morris into the rotation.

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

With this important loss we'll likely move up from the 6th spot in the lotto. Good job McHale!

11. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Martin was useless, but Scola was a greater liability despite the game-tying shot in regulation. I wanted the closing lineup to be:

Lowry, Dragic, Martin, Parsons, Patterson/Dalembert

12. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Just because the refs wear black and white doesn't mean they have to play for the Spurs...

13. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

Yep. They were using the Kevin McHale motto, "I like to keep trying stuff that doesn't work, until...it doesn't work again! Maybe this time...nope, didn't work. I bet if I do the exact same thing I just tried it will work! (Nah)"

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

what about Tony Parker's obvious carrying, wow. He would come clear across his body with the ball underneath the ball; my eyes threw up.

15. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Yes, Mchale is a real rookie, his rotation is ridiculous in the cluth time

16. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i'm all for losing in the spirit of tanking. but the 4th Q and overtime officiating of this game was just an utter insult to basketball/sport/morality

17. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Just get rid of Scola + Martin for some projects/expiring, play our projects and head to the lottery with a top 5 pick instead of the 14th every damn year.

18. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Actually, I think we do have a go to clutch player in Lowry -- the problem is that McHale does not feature him the way most stars are featured at the end of the game.

How often this season has Lowry started draining contested long distance 3's late in games that are sort of out of reach? He nails those shots the way Bryant does or the way T-Mac did in his prime.

At this point, when the game is in crunch time and the offense is flopping around usefully against a tough half court offense, I think it is time to just let Lowry gun it, because it looks like that is now within his repertoire.

Also, trade Martin.

19. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Refs. Duncan ALWAYS gets away with traveling. Another foul discrepancy in OT. Rigged league catering to their stars. It's a business.

With that being typed, we need a star. It will be very tough to win without someone getting superstar calls.

The refs don't respect Houston at all anymore. Not even Luis is getting the calls he was getting last year.

David Stern, this is a shiddy product. How can you train your refs to make superstar calls when all your superstars want to make super teams.

The NBA is now a disrespectful league. Disrespect the concept of competition, love for the game and players who play their asses off.

1 person likes this.
  20. JSizzle

JSizzle Member

Dragic has no business being in the lineup in the clutch.