1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Spurs 101, Rockets 95

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 11, 2012.

1. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

I blame this one on McHale. Terrible substitutions. Waiting too long to put Dalembert back in, took out Hill and Patterson when they were doing great (and never put them back in), played Dragic through most of overtime instead of Parsons. Sometimes you just have to wonder....

Pugs

2. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Should've played Chandler "Big Balls" Parsons more and kept Kevin "Big Vagina" Martin on the bench in crunch time.

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This one is on McHale.

Chandler Parsons and Samuel Dalembert should have been in the damn game.

NEVER draw up an isolation for Kevin Martin. NEVER...

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Another winnable game given away because we have no go to player and worse, no go to offense.

With a win they would have been 1 game out of first in the loss column with a loss back to last in the conference.

Good job McHale you are proving your value with every failed substition and setup game after game.

Oh, and for the record, with 5.8 seconds to go and a tie game, and your team on Defense you do NOT put in Kmart.

MMMMMKAY !!

DD

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I seriously thought we would have won this game if Parsons played the full overtime. We would had more Rebounding. Look at the Bright side Parsons WANTS to take the shot in winning time even if he might miss; we saw that last night and tonight.

6. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

I'm happy. They contended for 4 quarters, and got the win (loss).

7. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

I love refs. I think I'm gonna go to reffing school and learn a thing or two.

THEN I WILL SWALLOW THE WISTLE EVERY TIME A SUPERSTAR GETS THE BALL AND OVER RULE THE OTHER REFS EVERY TIME. I'M TIRED OF THIS

8. pge71188

pge71188 Member

Scola guarding Duncan in the 4th was also terrible

9. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

I love Lowry but he was pissing me off towards the end of that game. Outside of those late 3's, he missed two point blank put backs (1 he probably should have kicked out), and was so adamant on attacking Tim Duncan in the lane where he was getting his s*** swatted back each time. That square peg isn't going to fit into the round hole. On that play when Duncan got switched 1 on 1 to him, I knew he was going to try to drive it on him and knew immediately it was going to be a worthless attempt.

10. infinitidoug

infinitidoug Member

11. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Good effort and better result.

12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

well, to be fair, McHale was a former NBA analyst; he probably hasn't watched a Rockets game.

13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Was there a goaltend on Parsons' layup?

Either way, it was a nice move in crunch time for him, would roll in 3 out of 4 times.

I didn't see a lot of the game, but are the rockets just shooting too many jumpers? Need more points in the paint?

14. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

Dragic/Lowry/Martin combo is a hit or miss combo. Hopefully we dont see anymore of it once Lee is back.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Every time McHale has inserted Scola at the C position in a close game has equaled a loss.

And someone tell Kyle that turnovers are bad and please make 2 foot layups....

DD

16. JSizzle

JSizzle Member

There was way too much Dragic in that game. We need Lee back if for no other reason than to get Dragic's minutes back to 16

17. Miracles Boys33

McHale is ****ing stupid for the substitutions. why would you keep 2pat and hill out of the game in ot when they were playing good out there

18. JSizzle

JSizzle Member

That is so true. Scola CANNOT play Center.

19. Rockets111

Rockets111 Contributing Member

Yeah, not an impressive showing by McHale. I know he's intent on saving legs in this weird season, but he's got to worry about wins right now and the rest later.

Not only do we have to worry about being out-talented every night, but we also have to be concerned now that we're pretty much being outcoached every night.

20. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

I'm just about done with Kevin martin. I don't care how many points he scores on certain nights....come up in the clutch every now and then will ya