1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who would you build your team around, Rubio or Wall

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by SPF35, Jan 9, 2012.

Tags:
?

Who would you build your team around

1. Ricky Rubio

45 vote(s)
    24.7%
  2. John "Brick" Wall

137 vote(s)
    75.3%
  1. SPF35

SPF35 Member

Another comparison to Wall from me. I was fascinated bc he was such a sure thing and franchise savior hype coming along. He has shown flashes, but his game looks the exact same to me as it did last year, and the year before, and the year before as in he is a pretty nicely skilled, extremely athletic guard.

Rubio has shown flashes of something unique and flashes. Outside of assists and runnign the show, he has the 'winner' quality, making plays that dont show up on the box score.

I think for years people would've polled 100-0 over Rubio. The tides may be changing, what are your thoughts clutchfans?

2. ashiin

ashiin Member

Rubio, without a doubt. Kid has the international credentials of a champ.

3. SPF35

SPF35 Member

and yes, there is a bias and resentment towards wall in my case as you can see by the nickname bc the guy ir ruining my fg in fantasy league...but vote away

4. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

They did this on NBA.TV I think it was Brent Barry and Mark Jackson choosing John Wall.. I was in shock.

5. Rowdy20

Rowdy20 Member

I think I'd go with Rubio. That said, when I saw this question posed on NBA TV earlier, I thought an equally valid question for this board would be at this very moment, salary cap, trade assets, soon to be expiring contracts, etc. aside, would you trade the Rockets roster for the Timberwolves roster? This is an interesting thought in my mind, considering how maligned Khan has been for his decisions in his time in Minnesota. Whether it's been by luck, or whatever, they have some really intriguing talent there, and with Adelman on the bench.. They might be a player down the road. One things for sure, they come to play every single night.

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

With Rubio doing well his first few games and Wall being stuck in the worst situation in the NBA, now isn't the best time to do this poll. Give it about 40 games so the NBA can adjust to Rubio and the Wizards can fire Flip Saunders and get something positive going. But even later in the season, Wall is still going to have a bunch of pathetic losers as teammates.

7. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Rubio is a product of Adelman.

Would fail miserably in Washington.

8. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Still choosing Wall.

9. SPF35

SPF35 Member

Rubio is no t a product of Adelman, instead Adelman is allowing him to flourish. The things he created aren't in the offense, he is freelancing out there. But adelman knows spacigin as well as any other coach in hte league so he deserves credit.

To the other poster. I would take Rubio/adelman/Love, randolph/williams/Johnson in HEARTBEAT over our roster. We are good, better right now, but how no potential of being special, we have no trade chips for star potential, I love the guys so its hard to say, but Minnesota just has a better outlook in the horizon than us

10. thething

thething Contributing Member

Rubio has all-star potential. Wall has superstar potential.

Definitely still Wall.

11. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

You were following him in High School?

12. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

These guys are in such different situations that it is too early and a bit unfair to say. No doubt Wall would look a lot better if he were on the T-Wolves where there are reliable teammates who can both catch and finish. Rubio better thank his luck stars he is not a Wizard.

So I am abstaining from voting until I get to see both players more. This is the first season in quite a while I have subscribed to league pass.

13. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

They're not even in the same league. Wall has one attribute right now, sheer SPEED! He does nothing else well. Rubio, on the other hand, grabs the game by the throat and just chokes everything he wants out of it.

14. Downtownbrown

Downtownbrown Member

Rubio is like Nash in that he runs the offense when in the game and the ball goes through him. Both Wall and Rubio not great shooters. Rubio a better Rebounder in my eyes. Wall is more explosive. The factor that Rubio makes his teammates better makes me choose him.

15. SPF35

SPF35 Member

Yea, everyone was following him in HS, he was the no one ranked player, he has been touted since then. So yes I keep up with him, just like I keep up with Shabazz Muhammad now, so on. I don't just like the NBA, I like basketball.

16. Jontro

Jontro Member

Rubio don't dunk in game. Going with Wall because he can teach me how to dougie.

17. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

rubio has infinitely better coaching and teammates around him. going to wait until I make an comparisons.

18. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

19. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Right now, I would be tempted to say Rubio because he is doing very well this season. Just based on potential though, I'd take Wall to build my team around. He is having a bad year and his team stinks so much.

20. Nook

Nook Member

WTF.. you cannot be serious.