1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's so great about Parsons?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jogo, Dec 1, 2011.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Agreed, but you have to admit that is surprising, it was to me, and I like the guy.

;)

DD

2. cookies18

cookies18 Member

Budinger can play SG or SF. Parson will be 3rd string SF and PF!

I was dissapointed when the Rockets drafted this guy. They should have gotten a Center. I also see no reason in drafting Parsons. He's a scrub in my opinion.

3. highlander3128

Parsons' jump shooting form reminds me of Nowitzki. Anybody?

4. cod

cod Member

Someone mentioned Parsons was ahead of Morris before the lockout.

5. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Bud was pretty good as a starter last season. Not sure how you can say Parsons is a better defender than Bud already when he has not even had an NBA preseason game or off season program under his belt. Bud has a year and a half under Battier and playing effectively in a starting role.

Maybe Parsons will be better than Bud maybe he won't but stating it as a fact is just crazy. Especially if the 09 draft were done again it's obvious that Bud would be a 1st round selection. Not sure if we will be able to say that about Parsons.

BTW, the only reason people are comparing Bud and Parsons is because they are both white. People tried to compare Bud to Steve Novak as well but anyone that watches the Rockets knows that those two do not even resemble each other on the basketball court.

6. rocketfan21

rocketfan21 Member

Because they're on the same team and the play the same position so it's important to compare them.

7. DaDakota

And Bud is not white, he is clear.

DD

8. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Just another Morey low risk low reward player that fit his moneyball stats. Not a thing in other words. Impress me and we can talk about his moves and drafts. Go ahead. Thrill me for once.

9. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

We are in huge trouble if Parsons ends up being part of our regular rotaion.

10. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

he's Budinger's replacement..

11. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Yeah, bud and parsons are not the same player....Parsons is more like a tmac who doesn't have great athleticism (therefore not a great scorer). He's basically what tmac is now, i guess. Neither are starters at the moment, but the difference is Parsons has room to improve and doesn't have a surgically repaired knee.

And what's the problem with having another SF? Since when did Twill reserve his spot? We don't even know if Morris will work out. Although i think he will, the point is we don't have a proven SF. Budinger is limited and still hasn't gone a full season as a starter. Twill hasn't even had playing time. Morris is a rookie, as is Parsons. The rockets need to sort through these guys and determine who's going to be good and who's not. That's why you keep them, for now.

12. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

He's the black trevor ariza

13. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

Passing the ball too much is a negative? Really??? What the hell?

14. Htown's2kFinest

He seems like a taller but crappier version of Mike Miller. We have 4 SFs now, 5 if you include that Blake guy. Would have been much better if we just drafted Jeremy Tyler... If he can shoot anything like Mike Miller I'd be happy but with his 3pt percentage at Florida, I doubt he'd be any better behind the line than Bud.

15. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

that was me. He would have been in the rotation before Morris.

16. DaDakota

Really ? Why?

A stretch 4?

DD

17. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

No, at the 3. He was picking up the offense better than the other rookies.

1 person likes this.
  18. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

Any more questions? :grin:

Steal of a second round pick by DM.

19. Htown's2kFinest

20. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I like the overall package of skills and the hustle he brings. But he's had some really bad misses early in his career.