1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets, Lakers, Hornets trade now dead

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Dec 8, 2011.

?

CP3 to LAL, Gasol to HOU, Odom/Scola/Martin/Dragic/pick to NOH. Do you like the move?

1. Yes

332 vote(s)
    36.2%
  2. No

585 vote(s)
    63.8%
  1. KDJ3

KDJ3 Contributing Member

I would be perfectly fine with that.

...at the right price.

2. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Exactly. We'll see...

3. Rednation713

Rednation713 Member

!!

Spoke my mind brother, We Should Just Sign Dalembert or DeAndre Jordan And Start Patterson and Give this team a chance. Plus Get a higher pick and see how everything goes. or just tank it's a short season also...

4. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Nene is a good defender (especially in pick and roll situations) and has a great offensive game. If you have the chance to put him next to Pau Gasol, you take it... even if you have to over-pay.

5. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

I agree with you, I rather get Dalembert for cheaper.

I want Nene but at around 15 million, I rather get a REAL superstar. What's up with teams overpaying especially after the debacle with the new CBA and owners losing money? They are in this situation in the first place because of dumb moves like this!

6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wow. That series of posts was pathetic. Jeez...

7. stmeph

stmeph Member

Given that's he's an RFA and it's his current team making the offer, can't MEM match *any* terms? Or can we actually exceed the amount they can legally offer under the terms of the CBA?

8. HangTime

HangTime Member

Dallas looking to sign Delembert now since chandler left. :(

9. Rednation713

Rednation713 Member

Just wait and see how all this mess pans out...NENE is so overpaid. dude is not even close being a All-Star and David West payroll is close to 9mill...and He's way better and Scores and Defend same as NENE also. Nene Just sitting back cause these teams desprates wanting him. and loves it. cause i surely will. and money wise also.

10. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i gotta agree with DD...not sure this makes us better....we also have to take into consideration the shift in talent. We won 43 games....with dragic/morris/PP/ for a whole season we're close to a 50 win team, if everything else had stayed the same, but it hasn't. Hornets aren't winning 46 again. Dallas is likely to lose a few more games, as is Portland. If denver loses Nene, that's a huge blow to them as well. Meanwhile the other teams behind us aren't exactly making a splash. We could realistically be at a 55 win pace this year.

Not saying that's enough, but perhaps a smaller tweak would go help more than giving up 3 rotation players, including 2 of the top 3.

11. Rednation713

Rednation713 Member

!!!

Aww DAMN! =( We're f'd....:mad: Morey Should Sign him he Wanted be a rocket for cheap. and If the trades fall then it fall's....

12. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Whatever, Nene isn't worth 70 mill.

eff that, I'd rather roll the dice with Patterson with Pau.

13. srrono

srrono Member

ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein
    Mavs' first swipe, I'm told, will be trying to do S-and-T w/Sacramento for Dalembert by using big trade exception from Tyson Chandler deal

deal needs to get done because all the fall back big men are going away quickly

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Oh didn't you hear? They are looking to add some guy named Dwight Howard

15. Rednation713

Rednation713 Member

16. CCorn

CCorn Member

I'm curious how his numbers will look a whole season without Melo.. He will probably be a 16/8 guy. Is that worth the max, not but if we could keep Martin and get him and Gasol we'd be the 3 seed in the west.

17. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

18. meh

meh Contributing Member

That's because Otis didn't have the benefit of FA. The Rockets paid him by today's equivalent of 6yr/$55 mil deal. A deal that would be similar to the one Nene signed with the Nuggets when he became a RFA.

The difference is that Nene opted out of his contract and could sign anywhere as a FA while in his peak. Thorpe didn't have that luxury. If Thorpe had been a FA at or right before the Rockets championship, he'd be commanding similar figures in an open market.

19. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

I totally agree. Lowery/Lee/??/Gasol/Nene-Gasol have to be a top 5 or so defensive team. And where were we last year - 24th?

When was the last time a bottom 15 defensive team even made it to the championship round. D wins championships!

We had too much offense and not near the defense we needed last year.

20. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

Also, it was my impression that Mchale was being brought on because he can relate and work well with young bigs. Getting both Nene and Gasol doesn't leave much time for Patterson / Hill etc. We would be going from rebuild and work on our bigs to win now mode pretty much, which we just don't have the roster to do.