1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets, Lakers, Hornets trade now dead

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Dec 8, 2011.

?

CP3 to LAL, Gasol to HOU, Odom/Scola/Martin/Dragic/pick to NOH. Do you like the move?

1. Yes

332 vote(s)
    36.2%
  2. No

585 vote(s)
    63.8%
  1. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Correct.

2. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

easily the dumbest trade Morey, maybe even the franchise, has ever done. I don't think Gasol gives you much more than Scola already gives. To make it worse they included Martin, Dragic and a pick! WTF are you doing Morey!? sigh

Lakers get way better
    Hornets meh
    Rockets get a lot worse

3. Garner

Garner Member

woof...i was so happy when he left...

4. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Might as well amnesty Thabeet. We can't use it on traded players and he's at (or near) the top of the Rocket salary.

Still think you throw the 14 million at Marc. If they match, Grilzzlies have cap issues and we move on to Nene.

5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Doesn't appear to me everyone knows it. Not as simple as big bro asking him to come play.

6. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

The whole Morey philosophy is flawed. Look back at past NBA champions, and you'll notice with the exception of the Pistons, everyone drafted an all-star player. That has basically been true since the beginning of the league. Have teams every gotten close through free agency and trades? Yes, but nobody has gotten over the hump on that alone.

7. Garner

Garner Member

Pau gives you a 7footer, defense, and a C. None of which Scola was offering.

8. Doc Rocket

Doc Rocket Contributing Member

Nene is obvious...but Marc is the answer, IMO. Plus...

"As for brother Mark’s future, Gasol would like to 'see him with a franchise that has better options” than the Memphis Grizzlies.'"

9. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

So what do you suggest - just quit?

It's a tough situation. Yes, we could blow it up, tank and play for high draft picks. But this team isn't a bottom-feeder. There's legit talent on this roster. In a shortened season, with reasonable talent already on place and a star-studded free agency class next summer, why not give yourself one more chance without doing a complete rebuild?

If it doesn't work, I'll agree. Trade Gasol and all veterans and tear it down. But they're close enough now that I'm fine with giving them seven more months before waving the white flag.

10. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

I'll agree. If Morey does blow it on Chandler or Jordan, I'll go nuts. Nene is a "I want to look at the deal first" thing.
    But he's easily capable of just holding on to it until 2012....... and getting Dwight Howard.

11. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

I guess kobe needs to bring in cp3 and probably dwight to win a championship. He sure is just like jordan.

12. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

This.

13. Garner

Garner Member

Morey has aknowledge this, yet his boss is unwilling to tank. What do you then propose?

14. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

A Doc Rocket sighting! :eek:

Does that mean we are getting Marc, too? :cool:

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Our only hope of getting to that next level and past mediocrity is Morris,D-mo, Patterson etc take that next step as well. It wasn't really different before Pau either.

16. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Lakers have one decent big man... and he's a bone-headed, injury prone Center.

The Lakers look good if they are able to get Dwight. If they are stuck with Bynum and he goes down... they get exponentially worse.

17. tofu--

tofu-- Member

Scola doesn't choke in big games and he has a ridiculous amount of heart.

Gasol not so much. He's definitely kind of below average in that regard.

18. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I'm going to miss Luis very much.Just as much as Chuck. He isn't as good as Gasol,but he works harder. Losing Kevin despite his shortcomings is a big blow.
    Pau is no good without a defender like Chuck. If we can get Nene with him,it might be all right. Nene is talented,but he won't be able to put in a consistent effort on defense everynight.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Maybe he is going to do what the Lakers did to get Kobe, trade an aging center in Divacs for the rights to him.

Our aging center is now Gasol.

DD

20. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

He said "better options".