1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets, Lakers, Hornets trade now dead

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Dec 8, 2011.

?

CP3 to LAL, Gasol to HOU, Odom/Scola/Martin/Dragic/pick to NOH. Do you like the move?

1. Yes

332 vote(s)
    36.2%
  2. No

585 vote(s)
    63.8%
  1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Don't really know, but maybe one of these new super teams will emerge as a contender and they have a pick that is high from a team that dropped.

Everything flips in a year like this.....

For instance, maybe the Grizzlies have a pick that is from somewhere else, and would like Pau to play for them.....

I think Morey values flexibility, and thinks this might give him a little more.

DD

2. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Les gave the mandate. Morey's gotta do what he's gotta do.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I would say he's still known as the player formerly known as Ronald Artest

4. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Well, if that was the goal, forget about a three way trade with the Lakers. Loop the Clippers into the mix and get that unprotected 1st rounder from Minnesota that the Clippers have.

5. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

So the Hornets know that Morey is going to **** up. Good, glad someone is letting him know.... :grin:

6. inishi

inishi Member

Why the **** is everyone still talking about Dwight and Chris Paul. We aren't getting either of them. They don't want to play here. Chris Paul would not sign an extension here.

Now, about the actual trade. Has it been made clear that we would have to give up both scola and martin, because I have read that have the offer was martin or scola, or POSSIBLY both.

7. DaDakota

Fair enough !

DD

8. DaDakota

Maybe they are going to do exactly that once this deal goes down?

DD

9. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nice post... No rookie we can draft will likely be better than Pau...

10. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Absolutely 100% agreed.

11. torque

torque Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not sure why everyone is so opposed to Pau Gasol. Dude is a stud. Top 10 player in the league. Remember, last year before he was overplayed due to Bynum's injury he was the leading MVP candidate. If you are able to get him for Scola + Patterson or Bud, you do it no questions asked.

That being said, if you have to give up Martin + Scola + picks...that's a bit much.

12. VBG

VBG Member

Yeah but is it worth giving up Kevin Martin and Scola for an older guy who's played a lot of minutes in the last two years?

13. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Scola is not that good people.

14. Coherent

Coherent Member

The clipps could get Paul. Bledsoe, Aminu, Kamen, Minny's pick and there own? That is a good trade for both I think. Bledsoe will develop into a quality PG. And that Minny pick in a big draft like this will be huge.

15. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Sorry, I meant, instead of sending our assets to NO and then sending Paul to the Lakers for Pau, just send Paul to the Clippers as the initial three way deal with NO.

Personally though, I think the idea of picking up Pau is stellar...depending on what is given up. Scola and Martin? Sure. As far as all the picks, let the Lakers throw those into the deal since it seems like they are getting the lion's share of the trade.

16. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Is Scola or Martin going to win you a championship?

17. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Agreed. Morey knows better though.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Right. Gasol is an idiot and he can play.
    Morey can build around him. I think the borderline star will be Marcus Morris who will be the upcoming Scotty to the Rockets MJ Gasol.....
    Lowry remains the catalyst

19. clos4life

clos4life Member

I'd do this trade in a heartbeat. I love Scola and Martin but we can build around neither of them. You can build around Gasol.

20. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

The Hornets are expressing trepidation to those talking to them about 3-team framework with Lakers and Rockets?

This is great... they haven't said it's a no go... they are waiting for the pot to be sweatened... It's time to throw in a final offer and seal the deal.