1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets, Lakers, Hornets trade now dead

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Dec 8, 2011.

?

CP3 to LAL, Gasol to HOU, Odom/Scola/Martin/Dragic/pick to NOH. Do you like the move?

1. Yes

332 vote(s)
    36.2%
  2. No

585 vote(s)
    63.8%
  1. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Gasol and Nene would be better.

2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Come on Boston. Do your ****-blocking majic!

3. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

No matter how much you want them to rebuild or even if it makes sense to do so, that's apparently not what is happening here. Otherwise we would not be meeting with Chandler, Nene, and talking about trading for Gasol.

Morey is too good at finding hidden talent for us to suck. It could be his fatal flaw but you can't blame him for it...it's hard to trade for superstars and they have to want to play here. We can only hope that eventually we'll have enough firepower to move up in the draft (hopeful about next year's draft) and land a stud.

4. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

Ha, this is very true ;)

5. penda45

penda45 Member

Has anyone mentioned Artest?

I think LA might be trying to get rid of him and Artest liked his time in Houston...

6. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I was at least pleased that Martin and Scola were the players being mentioned in the Gasol trade, and not lowry.

Lowry, Patterson, Lee, and Morris are great complimentary players. Scola and Martin have to be considered focal points given their high salaries. If we are trying to aquire superstars, we need cap-space and cheap, solid complimentary players. Moving Martin and Scola and retaining Pat, Lowry, Lee and Morris seems to make a lot of sense.

7. ross84

ross84 Contributing Member

8. TMackin713

TMackin713 Member

My first thought was Daryl getting Pau, giving the Rox a chance to go over dhoward. I mean we have some pretty sexy assets on the team as long as we don't give them all up for Pau, but I think Daryl can spin it in our favor.

9. Coherent

Coherent Member

Well, at least the players sign the CBA. We got basketball, that's really all a fan could wish for.

10. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Come on now. It was one season....and...

IT'S CHRIS PAUL

11. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

dangit. i need to find a link but it was verbally agreed upon, maybe even as of yesterday. Hold-up tho.

12. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

I have been under the impression that Les told Morey that we are in win-now mode. Les Alexander has stated that he does not want to rebuild.

13. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

Nobody has mentioned Artest!! I did hear some rumblings about a cat named Metta World Peace about 19 pages back:grin:

14. Warning-Sign

Warning-Sign Member

Who's Artest? Has anyone talked about World Peace?

15. superchinees

superchinees Member

You mean Metta World Peace....

16. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Morey, himself, acknowledged we're rebuilding. We're talking about turning over nearly all of our roster from 2 years ago. It's absolutely rebuilding. It's just fooling ourselves into believing that these pieces are real contender material. Better in the short term...but still no one to build around.

I'm not interested in him trading for superstars. I'm interested in having a high enough draft pick to get one. I realize that's a crap shoot, but it's the only shot we have. And this year there's more talent available than there has been in a long time. It's time to stop playing make believe with mediocrity and put ourselves in a real position to grab that guy...as Morey, himself said, that's a lot easier if you just lose.

17. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

I think the best news is that everyone seems to agree that Lowry is not included -- which is amazing to me.

Lowry is their best player. If they can get Pau without giving up their best asset, that has a high potential of being a winning trade.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Max,

Do you think we could flip Pau to a team that has the rights to a high draft pick?

I think that is more likely than Kmart of Luis....

DD

19. penda45

penda45 Member

Ya I forgot he changed his name, never mind LA can have him :rolleyes:

20. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

I say trade chris paul straight up this season so we can sign him to extended contract with him and dhoward