1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Houston Texans vs. Atlanta Falcons

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by kevC, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I haven't seen a replay of the game, but I thought there were more bad calls than normal. I did think it was going both ways.

2. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I still cannot believe this team is 9-3. This has been the most fun I've had as a football fan in about 17 years.

3. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Both spot on. People need to realize that our defense and running game are that good. We don't need TJ Yates to win games for us. As long as he doesn't lose games for us we'll be fine. The kid showed great poise in the pocket and his accuracy on the move shows me everything I need to know about him.

Kubiak also handcuffed him in the second half again this week, which is fine. He trusts our defense as he should. I can't wait until we clinch a playoff spot (hopefully next week) so Kubiak can let Yates air the ball out to see what he's made of.

We got this.

4. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

This from the Atlanta paper: "Robinson’s tenure with the Falcons since signing a six-year, $57 million contract in 2010 hasn’t been great. It just got worse."
    ....Don't you hate to overpay?
    Meanwhile Joseph, ...we all thought we were getting 2nd fiddle...so glad it was him over Nnamdi

5. zlicciardo

zlicciardo Member

Isn't what you are doing, being considered an "armchair"? I would assume you are calling us that because we are rooting for our team, on a website for Houston sports no less, and defending them when tools like you run around here like your the ****. You are an armchair just as much as anyone here. So shut the Hell up and hop off of C. Palms dik and go to a raiders fan site if there is one.

CF most hated list
    1. Moes

2. Swoly, but only on stuff not in the "must have picture" thread that **** cracks me up :)

Conclusion...you are an armchair and you root for a ****ty team :)

6. msn

msn Member

speak for yourself bro, I don't hate on anyone in CF. Esp. moes and Swoly. If you're taking Moes seriously, you're totally missing the point. It's all in good fun. As for Swoly, who could hate on Swoly?

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

ah, the n00bs are mad as Moes for being well, Moes.

The times are ah changin'.

8. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Great win and great play by Yates...got lucky on some plays, but a win is a win...

9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

anyone who previously loved the "that's what she said" joke.

10. Nook

Nook Member

TIGER BLOOD

DUH ... WINNING

I love the new role of Moes as the Charlie Sheen/wrestling heel..

The Texans will have to win with defense... 11-5 is very possible, and 12-4 is not impossible... still think 1 or 2 losses are in the cards with an inability to move the chains with so many injuries.

11. msn

msn Member

LOL granted!

12. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

Any word on Hartmann and if we'll have to sign a punter now? I guess we'll know more in 3 hours.

13. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

9-3 feels great! And that fumble call was the worst call I have ever seen, and i have watched football for 20 years.

14. noscrusir

noscrusir Contributing Member

Yeah that was a BS call but glad we were able to pull out the victory. I'm more worried about the injuries than anything else. Hartmann's looked the worse - I'd imagine we'll be going with a sub-par punter for the rest of the season.

15. msn

msn Member

Statement given. Even Bob Costas took note.

16. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

the falcons hurt themselves plenty in this game but hey, that's their problem. worst case scenario would've been julio jones coming up with that ball on the last play. even if he did we're looking at overtime which i would have liked our chances in. we did just enough to win with a rookie quarterback against a very good football team. i had a feeling that yates would do fine and actually he did better than fine. given the circumstances he played very well. hell, i don't even have anything bad to say about kubes today. kudos to all.

17. reckonerone42

reckonerone42 Member

The tags in this thread are fantastic.

18. conquistador#11

Bad calls all over the field. I like how "They" say that Atlanta shot themselves in the groin by having two tds neglected by penalties. That's not how it happened. the incomplete pass was not even a fumble, that's three points taken from the Texans. On the Yates interception, well, there was a similar play where Watt caused a sack fumble and recovered deep in atl territory neglected by a hold.

As for punters, NOOOOOO to matt turk!

19. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

if the texans give up 14 or fewer points this season they win

if they give up more than 14 they lose

20. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

Here are a few shots from Sunday's NFL game at Reliant Stadium in Houston, TX.

Many more photos including tailgating shots can be found in this gallery on a local radio website.

Select images can be found on my Flickr.

[​IMG]
    Texans vs Falcons - 12.04.11 - Reliant Stadium - 5DII_1351b by groovehouse, on Flickr

Third string quarterback T.J. Yates led the Texans to a 17-10 victory over the Atlanta Falcons.

[​IMG]
    Texans vs Falcons - 12.04.11 - Reliant Stadium - 5DII_1428b by groovehouse, on Flickr

The coin toss (see the coin?) prior to the start of the Texans vs Falcons game on Sunday, December 4, 2011.

[​IMG]
    Texans vs Falcons - 12.04.11 - Reliant Stadium - 5DII_1389b by groovehouse, on Flickr

The Texans cheerleaders perform during Sundays game at Reliant Stadium

[​IMG]
    Texans vs Falcons - 12.04.11 - Reliant Stadium - 5DII_1643b by groovehouse, on Flickr

Connor Barwin zeroes in on the Falcons quarterback for a sack.

[​IMG]
    Texans vs Falcons - 12.04.11 - Reliant Stadium - 5DII_1554b by groovehouse, on Flickr

Danieal Manning takes down Tony Gonzalez during Sunday's game at Reliant Stadium.

[​IMG]
    Texans vs Falcons - 12.04.11 - Reliant Stadium - 5D_9097b by groovehouse, on Flickr

Johnathan Joseph reacts after a play during the Texans and Falcons game at Reliant Stadium.

[​IMG]
    Texans vs Falcons - 12.04.11 - Reliant Stadium - 5DII_1566b by groovehouse, on Flickr

Antonio Smith reacts while the Falcons huddle up during the Texans and Falcons game at Reliant Stadium.