1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OHMSS] Euro vs NBA : Who's Better?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by OHMSS, Sep 23, 2011.

1. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

The euro players always have trouble with strength and physicality of nba players. Its a slower game and alot of the guys are less athletic by far. If we were to take guys in the nba and let them play like in europe, someone would get hurt. Imagine shaq playing in europe and being allowed to do whatever he wanted in terms of fouling guys withot it being called. The op can say what he wants, but its proven that the euro guys are not as strong and the game isn't as physical. If that wasnt the case, most of the players wouldnt struggle so badly with physical issues.

2. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Read that comment again.
    I joined April 2009 and read the board for years before joining, so how do I not understand the history? Did he have multiple accounts before 2009?

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Yes, and he is a troll across multiple sports message boards.

Trust me - not worth defending.

4. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

yeah, go ask spurstalk what they think of KillBillPana :rolleyes:

5. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

Oh, I get it............

According to some Clutchfans members:

Barca vs. Lakers does "not count" because it was "preseason" (even though it was an actual tournament and not "preseason").

Also according to some Clutchfans members:

DaJuan Summer's preseason games in Europe DO COUNT, you know, because they like to make up whatever arguments suit their personal opinions.

Summers played one OFFICIAL game in Euroleague, and then was cut.

6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You have a point. Dwight Howard was a man among children in the Olympics...

7. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oEMVLgeF6_c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

FYI: Fernerbahce is an Euroleague team and the defending Turkish Champ.

8. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

That defense was terrible lol

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Taking candy from a baby.

10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

The crossovers killed the guards completely, prime AI would've murdered these guys.

And btw Deron+Erden seems like a sick duo, Erden is just too big for European centers and can score way easier than in the NBA.

11. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

I know you guys like to bash OHMSS and the Euroleague whenever you can, but I wouldn't say it was terrible defense.
    It wasn't good, but it didn't look to different than what D-Will does in the NBA. Keep in mind it was a highlight tape.

By the way - and this means little to nothing - the Rockets scouted Evan Fournier and Andrew Albicy last weekend.

Any thoughts on these two frenchmen OHMSS?

Let me guess. Borderline Euroleague talent at best & not worth scouting :)

12. Nook

Nook Member

I do not think either count honestly. The Lakers really did not give a ****. As for Summer's, I do not think anyone is saying he was a good player in the Euroleague, just that he has an opinion, and he repeated it.

13. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The only thing admirable about the "No athlete" Euro barn ball is that the fans are really into it.

It is for the lower classes over there, where everyone can afford a ticket....unlike the USA where corporations control the better seats.

DD

15. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Make sense, you pay less for an inferior product.

16. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

*Makes

It's also easier to keep the ticket prices down when you don't pay your players like Greece :grin:

17. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Haha, Williams is a 3 point killer! It is the inverse of his normal stat line - very few two point shots and a ton of bombs (at a high percentage) from outside. He is only taking what is easy and not trying to play his real game of taking it inside and using his midrange (in that game...from the clip he was doing whatever he wanted but didn't seem to be using his full speed or penetration ability).

18. Buck Turgidson

R2K: Son, we live in a world that has boards, and those boards have to be guarded by men with keyboards. Who's gonna do it? You? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for OHMSS, and you curse the Moderators. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That OHMSS's banishment probably saved our collective sanity. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves our collective sanity. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about in chatrooms, you want me on that board, you need me on that board. We use words like "proper forum", "don't be a troll", "lollercoaster". We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and posts under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a keyboard, and make a coherent post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

Kaffee: Did you order the Code Thread?

R2K: I did the job I...

Yung-T: DID YOU ORDER THE CODE THREAD?

R2K: YOU'RE ******* RIGHT I DID!

4 people like this.
  19. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

20. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

The Spanish League runner-up is "bad team"? Really?

Spanoulis was injured for the first two games of the Euroleague season, as well as others in Greek Cup and Greek League. He only was cleared to even start in the last game for health reasons.

He had a very severe injury last season and played through it, which caused him to have to have a major surgery during the off season. Which was why he did not play at the EuroBasket.

The guy was not even allowed to jog or pick up a basketball until about the first week of October.

Considering that Spanoulis is only at about 80% health right now, you don't have much of an argument.