1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Saints

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Sep 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Offer a #2 and i think you can have him.

2. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I would make the offer, I'd much rather have a 30 year old Asante over B.Harris who can't even beat out Kareem Jackson.

3. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I think everybody is still laboring under the misconception that Kareem is horrible. Since we've added help in the secondary, Kareem has AT LEAST played average.

Look, I'm not trying to be overly defensive of Kareem (I was on him as much as anyone last year), but to get thrown into a situation like he did last year is extremely tough. Being an anointed starter immediately out of the gates in a secondary as bad as that one, with horrible coaching, and at a position where it usually takes two years to put it together - that's tough.

Like I said, so far this year, he's been alright. Yeah, Brees exposed him a bit. But who doesn't Brees expose?

4. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

He hasn't been able to beat out Brice McCain.

5. Relentless

Relentless Member

Maaaaan, **** New Orleans!

6. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

In the right circumstances, Schaub can make plays that will win the game for you. BUT, Schaub is a product of Kubiak's offensive system more than anything. As long as he stays inside the confines of that system and finds his rhythm he can be absolutely lethal. This will work against most of the teams he's going to face this season. It is when things start to go bad, when they play a physical team, when the other team's defense makes adjustments and the pressure mounts on him to start performing outside of the box that Schaub comes up short.

He simply is not a QB like say Rodgers, Manning, Brees or Brady - guys who can face this sort of adversity and then elevate their game to another level that lifts their team to victory. In many respects, he reminds one of Matt Ryan. Both QBs have the same problems when forced to play outside of the confines of their respective systems. This is not an indictment of him per se, merely my observation of his skill as a QB. For example, you will never see Schaub face the kind of adversity and still manage to pull out a game in the manner that Romo did last night against the Deadskins. That's just not him which is why I contend that he's very very good but not elite.

7. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

You're right. The Texans would have blown the Skins out.

6 field goals and zero touchdowns is clutch all of a sudden?

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

So all we needed was a few more FGs to win?

DD

9. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wish you would have put the bolded at the top so that I didn't have to read all the way through that to only stop.

10. AbbasNasib

AbbasNasib Member

Please read this tid-bit from a few seasons back.

Be sure to use your reading comprehension skills before you respond.

http://www.fftoday.com/news/index.php?Item=2730

11. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

schaub will never be in that position because everybody else knows how to do their job. 4 mistimed snaps and receivers not knowing where to lineup in the red zone. gee I wish the rest of the offense was so inept that schaub awould be forced to save the day.

12. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

posted?

[​IMG]

Texans have a chance to show a big chunk of the country what they can do against the Steelers.

13. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

December 2009.

Schaub plays at Jacksonville with a dislocated shoulder.

After separating his shoulder, goes 19 of 27 with a TD pulls the Texans out of an 0-17 hole to get within 5 points. Takes the Texans down the field for the winning score, Chris Brown throws his infamous HB Pass, the defense can't stop Jacksonville, game over.

This, on top of that "system" QB nonsense (how many other QBs have failed in this so called 'system'? pretty much everybody but john elway and schaub, apparently...), makes you very hard to take seriously when talking about the Texans.

14. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

What, and I though Matt was soft. :rolleyes:

Show this to Reeko_HTown. He's the biggest Matt hater of them all.

Schaub is extremely underrated as a QB. Sure he isn't Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Rivers or Vick but 75% of the league wish they had him as their starting QB.

1 person likes this.
  15. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I swear I have had the worst games ever week this year. I fall in one of the areas that do not get this game. I get the Buffalo/Cinci game.

16. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

Did anybody post a gif of when a Texans Player told the cameraman to "get that camera out of his face" in the 4th quarter? I think it was Cushing or Casey or somebody. It happened fast and I barley caught it

17. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

Yes, Yes Yes they do

18. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

washington always seems to have part f it with some obscure game...Tenn & Cle is odd for that area given the steelers nation is everywhere.

19. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Yo castor... let's get the Steelers thread up.

20. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It was Deessen who had the camera in his face after that PI call in the 4th quarter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.