1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[MUSIC] Best Live Performances You've Ever (personally) Seen?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Astrosfan183, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Some of you nerds listen to horrible music.

Craig David is the greatest live artist of our generation. Amazing singer and insane rapper. If he was white you guys would be drooling over his amazing natural talent and ability.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rQu8fO1xNzY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IvptEXRZnQw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Here's a few:

The 13th Floor Elevators at the Love Street Light Circus & Feel Good Machine (we all called it Love Street) multiple times (I'm cheating!) during the summer of 1967, along with Johnny and Edgar Winter, Bubble Puppy, The Moving Sidewalks (their first concert as ZZ Top was at Love Street), Fever Tree, and on and on. I spent that summer doing the light show at a dive leased by my cousin's band across the street from Love Street, and crossed the street as often as possible for the great music.

Jimi Hendrix at the Music Hall, Houston, in mid-February, 1968. The Moving Sidewalks, with Billy Gibbons (pre-ZZ Top) were one of the bands that opened. Great, great concert.

The Doors at the Sam Houston Coliseum, early July, 1968, with the Moving Sidewalks, again, opening (both bands were, to say the least, terrific).

The Mothers of Invention, Country Joe and the Fish, Canned Heat and, again, the Moving Sidewalks (with other local groups) at The Catacombs, a Houston club, at the end of August, 1968.

I'll stop there. Several others could fall under "best," as I can't decide which would be numero uno.

3. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Sure guy!!!!!...Isnt he British???... That's close enough!!!!... 2 songs and havent heard from his azz since...Nor do I want to!!!

4. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

exactly how old are you??...Not tryin to start slandering my elders(although I could and have done so in the past , as u know so well from experience)....I think its great that you were able to see Hendrix live...Bet that was electric!!!!!

5. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

wow you really are the biggest dork / tool on this whole bbs..

6. hvic

hvic Member

depeche mode and lifehouse

7. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

Randy Lee - he's actually playing tonight at Jersey Pub (17356 Northwest Freeway, 77040).

Pugs

8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Repped. That was one of the best/worst stage fights I've ever seen.

9. what

what Member

I can't stand a singer who accentuates his high notes by pointing his finger in the air? What is this sign-language singing?

10. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Gay? Or just a Douche Canoe?

11. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Yeah mane ...Pullin the race card on someone who is mixed is kinda stupid....

12. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

If you were an true aficionado of Craig David music, you would realize his best track was "Summer Jam."

David was supposed to be the British version of Usher. I don't understand how he fell off the map.

<iframe width="300 height="200" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/e6a0_IoYqgs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Summer Jam is not a Craig David original. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7drvhZwPcs&ob=av3e

I think Craig tried to define himself too strictly as an R&B artist after "Born to do it", one of the greatest debut albums of all time. He started out as a garage DJ and incorporated a lot of that into his initial album, which really made him unique. He may have fallen off in terms of material, but he's still amazing live.

What: Who cares what he does with his body movements. He feels it. It's from the soul.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QZpyWjgalsM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I actually will say that seeing Manson back in 96 at International Ballroom was one of the most memorable shows I've been to. I've probably seen him around 10 times, but nothing tops those Antichrist shows.

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I've never said exactly how old I am, but plenty old enough to have enjoyed the mid to late 1960's. And yes, Jimi was electric in the best sense. I saw him every time he played Houston. Heck, going to concerts was my thing. The most expensive ticket for a long time was $5 bucks, so it was cheap even for the best seats. The way I'd describe myself is best said in the title of one of my favorite flicks, Lindsay Anderson's O Lucky Man! That's me.

16. dsnow23

dsnow23 Contributing Member

Jesus Lizard
    Scratch Acid
    Butthole Surfers
    Nomeansno
    Les Savy Fav
    KRS ONE
    Causey Way
    DJ Krush
    Thinking Fellers
    Swine King
    Fugazi
    Ed Hall
    And since this is a Houston board, Sprawl.

17. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I need to amend my list. I need to move Possum Dixon to the number 2 spot, and move Old 97's off. That's too bad but in all justice I can't leave Possum Dixon off the list. Their live shows were legendary.

18. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Genesis, ELO, ELP, RUSH, Yes ... and Kiss when they were still clubin' it.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Harlan, is that you?

DD

20. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YOckQm-TpWk?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YOckQm-TpWk?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>