1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

**Official McGrady/Pistons 2010 Regular Season Thread**

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by emjohn, Oct 27, 2010.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

steve francis had some major headaches (migraines) but that was well documented.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=29280

2. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

Why this thread is not close yet? He's done with that bunch of idiots

[still waiting for waiving confirmation]

3. Shaud

Shaud Member

You can easily not post in it to let it float away

4. number22

number22 Member

This epic thread can't end this way, Free Tracy Free Tracy!, wait what i'm saying ?

5. lalala902102001

This may very well be the end of Tracy McGrady in the NBA. TMac no more.

6. number22

number22 Member

I don't think so, tracy's proved he can still play in the nba. Detroit is just beyond dsyfunctional, and there are not enough words to describe kusters incompetence.

7. gotsis

gotsis Member

strange...

8. HoustonRockets

still don't understand why he is not playing.

9. ApuN

ApuN Member

Hmmm.. No Tmac buttkissers lately

Well it only took 2 months before this clown wore out his welcome in Detroit.

What a douche

RA and Morey look like geniuses now

10. VBG

VBG Member

Octorber - March is 2 months? o_o

Detroit fans still like T-Mac. Everyone but the coach.

11. ApuN

ApuN Member

Since he's been "starting" its been about two months

12. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

How is RA a genius? The guy can never handle the mildest or wildest of slightly 'difficult' players see: Head (very little confrotational), wafer, Francis (yes; I did attribute to him being way past his prime), rookie Wallace (was very patient guy yet still no playing time ), to mcgrady. Genius? Really? Yeah that's the genius I wanna keep in for next season as coach. I like RA loved what he's done but I'd also like to see Jerry Sloan given the chance to end his career witha ring in Houston or maybe another coach.

I hope McGrady is waived and picked up by the bulls who've mentioned their regrets for picking up bogans. This would make the bulls a deeper team and improve their already fair chances at contention.

13. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

Btw, how the hell did this become a blame Tracy thread? The pistons have sucked because Keuster is a lousy coach, Dumars is a terrible gm and the fan base in a dying city in itself is dying. Hamilton got screwed, prince; another great piston in detroit's recent franchise's history gets no respect and guess what? They throw millions of dollars to start Ben Wallace. How absurd is that?! Throw Tracy into the mix and things go further down hill, it's the team not the players. I even admit, Tracy's character and ego have gotten in the way numerous times in his career BUT this is not one of them shockingly enough.

14. cuddie

cuddie Member

I could have said the same for unnecessarily brash McGrady detractors with nary an idea of how to post with a vestige of civility...

But then you showed up! Congratulations!

15. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

In terms of civility your response lacks it, using superior vocabulary simply makes you look pretentious. I lack civility when specifically posting in this thread but at least I am honest and don't commit crimes of hubris but nonetheless I do agree with you and have rep'd u

16. cuddie

cuddie Member

I'm really unsure how to feel about this reply. You realize my post wasn't directed at you, right? But then you repped me? :confused:

Regardless, I don't think utilization of a "superior" vocabulary necessarily warrants a label of pretentiousness. I like to articulate myself. Simple as that. Should you interpret that as a crime of hubris, well...that's really out of my control.

17. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

Here's a condensed and simplified reiteration of my point: I agree with what you said, just not how you said it.

18. cuddie

cuddie Member

Fair enough. Also, do I detect a hint of hypocrisy here? You sure are using many multi-syllabic words. :p

19. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

Tracy McGrady will be playing in the NBA next season. Other teams are not going to avoid signing McGrady because a terrible coach (that will probably be fired at season's end) decided to stop playing someone that was averaging 12 points, 5 assists, and 4 rebounds a game since the end of December.

20. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Reading the smoke signals:
    He participated in the player protest and compounded that by getting himself featured in the laughing on the bench video that made the rounds. Kuester is pretty clearly suffering from little man syndrome and doesn't let things like that roll off his back.

Kuester, following his Rip peace treaty, declared that PT would be determined by practice effort and there would be a re-emphasis on defense. I'm not in their training facility, but those are two things Tracy has not developed a good rep for.

By saying the above, I'm not saying it is right to freeze out McGrady...just laying out what I believe Kuester is thinking. And I think the first part weighs the heaviest. McGrady telling he media that he wont talk to him about it probably feeds into things. I would bet you that if he went in the office and apologized (like a little schoolboy), this would be over in 5 minutes.

Kuester is pretty petty and juvenile. Tracy will land with a new team well before he gets another head coaching position.

On the whole, this thread has largely been supportive of McGrady. Also, if there have been posts blaming McGrady for the Pistons' poor season, they'd be (a) way off target and (b) very few and far between.