1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ticket Offer to ClutchFans for Game vs. Orlando Magic

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 20, 2011.

1. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

I'll be going with my Dad!

2. mario713

mario713 Rookie

i was there in row 15, seat 14 n 15! although we lost it was badass sitin so close to the floor. thanks clutch, can u hooks us up with more tix?? lol. i was cheering loud n hard!!!! louder then those rowdies.lol.............. anybody see me i had a mohawk.lol

3. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

We made a difference out there tonight!

We could have been down by 40 instead of 20 tonight.

4. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

Damn, that's disappointing. Nice crowd. Not too much to cheer about though.

5. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

I wanted to stand up and ask who was from CF.Net but I would have felt stupid. Even with all the beers in me.

6. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

Man...the one game I go to is the only Rockets blowout all season...

7. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

LOL at the guy with the "On Your Feet" sign with 2 minutes left. Talk about optimistic.

8. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

1. Thanks to Clutch for hooking us all up with this deal. Had a blast. I cannot believe how good the seats were for $30.

2. The Rowdies were great, loved their enthusiasm. One interesting thing I noticed, when one of the Rowdies yelled something critical about RA's coaching, he was reminded by someone else not to say anything critical of the team. Makes sense, but I thought it was interesting.

3. Another interesting tidbit, during halftime warm-ups, some tiny kids were out there shooting with Rockets jerseys on, but with the Orlando players since the teams had switched sides. Dwight Howard would not let this tiny kid shoot, he kept blocking his shot and laughing at him. The crowd booed Howard and he loved it. It was kind of fun actually, Dwight riling up the crowd.

4. It was so depressing watching a team that retooled on the fly have more chemistry than our team which has been together all season. The Magic looked great, while we looked lost at times, not closing out and missing assignments. At some point the coaching staff has to be held accountable.

5. Hayes is invaluable, there is no way we should get rid of him. If we have a star to draw his man off, he has learned how to finish around the rim as good as anyone.

6. Why was PPat not put in until the 4th quarter? Hill was playing terrible and Howard was abusing him. I don't know if we are showcasing him or what, but he had no business being in there. At least give JJ a chance if anything.

7. I noticed an overall lack of effort except from Lee, Hayes, Lowry, and Battier. People were not closing out (Martin, Budinger), people did not have their hands up. People were getting outmuscled (Hill). Unacceptable and I won't pay for any more games if that's the kind of effort they are putting out.

9. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

Yeah, you don't really notice how open the Rockets leave guys on the wings and then don't close out on TV. But with these seats you could really tell how terrible their defense is.

I would randomly just focus in on Martin or Scola to see why their defense is so bad, and Martin is leaving Richardson open when a pass goes into Howard to try and shade towards Howard. He doesn't even go in and double/triple Howard, he just shades like 10-12 feet off of his man and lets him hit an open three. It's the worst defense I've ever seen in my life.

10. M.A. Dub

M.A. Dub Member

Saw that...got a good laugh...I was waiting for Howard to pick the kid up and let him dunk or something...what a doosh :grin:

11. 00rocketgirl

00rocketgirl Contributing Member

2. Regarding the not saying anything negative about the team: As Rowdies we've never been told by anyone who works for the Rockets to not say anything negative about the Rockets, just not to say curse words. I do try to remain positive during the game because it's more fun and less stressful to be, but if you ask any rowdy if Rocketgirl ever loses it during games and is yelling at every player, coach and ref, they'll tell you I do. Some Rowdies are EXTREMELY more positive than the others and try to keep the group positive for the good of the group. It's much easier to cheer when positive.

I wanted to make that clear because a lot of people on Clutchfans seem to think the Rowdies are puppets and your comment seemed to try hint at that.

3. Haha. that's really funny about that little boy. I was sitting a few Rows behind the Orlando bench in Row 1 Sec 121. Dwight Howard was goofing off the entire 2nd half. He was playing with his shooting shirt in his mouth, talking to fans, posing for a pic, making peace signs to the crowd, he faked a fist bump to a fan in the crowd and then retreated so the guy was left hanging then he went back to fistbump him. The best part was a girl a few years older than I, was sitting next to me wearing a Rockets shirt and she had a thing for Dwight. The entire game she was trying to get his attention and he finally looked at her and smiled and waved in the 4th. She blew a kiss, and he caught it. haha. He was also getting a kick out of the trampoline dunkers.

12. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Dwight is one of those people who seem like a blast to be around. During the pregame show they had him fooling around with Kyle Lowry during warmups as well.

Can we sign him?? ;)

2012 baby!

13. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

You never know, maybe the whole big man tradition thing will intrigue him, especially if Dream lobbies him to come here.

But we would need to prove we are winners first, otherwise he won't come.

14. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

We told him he was no Hakeem.

Who stood the entire game? I basically did.

15. Illegal Machine

Had a great time despite the terrible game. Snuck a big lens in and snapped some decent shots. Got hassled by Toyota Center employee on the way out. Here are some samples...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  16. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Awesome photos... please sir may I have some more! :)

17. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

Awesome photos machine!

18. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

I helped "Free T. Will", or at least it felt like I did.

19. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

a few action shots I got, not as good as a camera the dude above me

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks again Clutch for the offer, I still had a blast

1 person likes this.