1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stern: I'm done with Democrats

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, Mar 18, 2010.

1. LScolaDominates

What you intentionally fail to realize is that basso no longer deserves the benefit of the doubt when he is "inaccurate." Fortunately for him, he has plenty of ideological bedfellows to obscure his misdeeds by distraction (Look over there! Giddyup is spewing his moronic ramblings again! What were we just talking about? --it almost worked...not really).

2. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

I hope you are not saying that you don't understand the difference between inadvertently misinforming and deliberately misinforming? Please say it ain't so..

3. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

what deceit?

4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

What a stupid post. I don't normally say that, but this post is flat out stupid.

Trying to compare Basso "allegedly" viewing a video and then posting a statement IN QUOTATION MARKS that was not said at all to posters following him blowing off or mocking Stern is ridiculous.

Poster MAY HAVE intentionally attempted to misrepresent(or lied!) a video and people laughed at the person in the video as being irrelevant and you somehow think both parties "got sucked into it"?

Stupid.

5. LScolaDominates

...and nobody thinks you're funny (at least not in the sense that you think you're funny). The joke's on you, buttercup.

6. giddyup

If you didn't have Luis Scola's name in your moniker, I'd get ugly with you! My IQ is in the upper range of the Very Superior Intelligence designation so I assure you I'm no moron. Can we not exist here without this unprovoked name-calling. At least when I call SamFisher an ******* it is because he provoked me... :grin:

7. justtxyank

That it was a current or relevant post. Were you not under the impression that it was a current video? Did you really start a thread about a video that was 2 years old that wasn't relevant to anything about a comedian who isn't relevant about anything political anyway?

If you did, while it may not be deceitful, it's definitely trollish.

8. giddyup

They all bought into it. Are you now saying they only did so because of basso's credibility with this kind of thread?

BTW, you don't even know that basso copied and pasted the "quote."

You guys just go on witch hunts and convict on the slimmest of evidence real or imagined...

9. giddyup

Okay we have another ******* to compete with SamFisher. Goody. It's a race to the bottom.

10. justtxyank

Bought into it? Bought into what? They just laughed on Howard Stern having any relevance at all. I don't understand what you mean by "they bought into it."

What do you mean by "you guys." And no, I'm trying to present a scenario where Basso ISN'T a deceitful little man by saying he may have seen this somewhere else that presented it as a current, relevant video and fell for it.

But you are right, there is only "the slimmest of evidence" that Basso isn't a credible poster.

11. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

basso,

Care to apologize for falsely attributing that email questionnaire to the NEJM?

12. LScolaDominates

Hmm...
    [​IMG]

13. basso

Supporting Member

i don't believe i mentioned any temporal info, past, present, or future. can you show otherwise?

14. justtxyank

So you posted a video of no relevance at all that was 2 years old intentionally?

So while you may not have been deceitful, you were still a troll.

15. basso

Supporting Member

no, i didn't realize it was old, but i'm not sure how that's relevant to the content of the video, that of the post, or the post title. you've made an inference that's not supported by the evidence.

OUTRAGE FAIL.

16. gifford1967

Supporting Member

basso,

17. justtxyank

Nope. If you would actually read, you'd see that I was actually trying to give you credit. I said it was possible you in fact DID NOT REALIZE the video was old when you posted it. My point was that perhaps you saw it somewhere else that presented it as current.

18. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

He calls those people who disagree with him 'liars' quite frequently.

When the intellectual reservoir runs dry, the name calling begins.

19. basso

Supporting Member

and as i said, i didn't know it was old. relevance?

20. gifford1967

Supporting Member

basso,