1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Don't you guys think Adelman deserves blame for this too?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OlajuwonShake34, Mar 11, 2009.

?

Does Adelman deserve blame?

Poll closed Mar 18, 2009.
  1. Yes

168 vote(s)
    74.3%
  2. No

58 vote(s)
    25.7%
  1. OlajuwonShake34

I am sorry to say but Rick Adelman deserves as much blame as the Players. He has not been a discipline coach and we clearly need that. Nobody on this team is capable of rebounding the ball, especially Yao. Adelman runs the same offense that Jeff Van Gundy ran. I'm really starting to wonder if Adelman is even a better coach than JVG.

He isn't a better defensive coach by any means, He doesn't make this team tougher, He doesn't motivate his team like a Phil Jackson or a Jeff Van Gundy would, He doesn't make them rebound better, The only thing I see with Adelman coaching is that we run faster and that's about it.

Yao Ming has been quite a clutch player in the past according to 82games stats. I blame Adelman for not being able to utilize his minutes properly like Jeff Van Gundy was able to. He makes him play way too much in the 1st quarter, and way too much in the 3rd quarter. He is tired in the 4th and then he misses every shot, can't rebound and he can't defend.

I believe Adelman deserves as much blame as the Players.

2. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

If Yao continues to choke, he will never get past the first round.

3. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

This game fell squarely on Artest's shoulders. You can look at Yao's TOs, but all of Artest's missed threes?

Half of them were wide open, passed out by Yao.

4. Arash713

Arash713 Member

I blame Artest and re-signing him in the offseason will be a big mistake

5. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

yes it is adelman's fault for being too slow to rebound

6. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Yao fans spin machine. Always blame it on Adleman when Yao does bad.

7. OlajuwonShake34

I don't blame that, Artest isn't going to miss most of those in many games. It was just simply a bad night for Mr. Ron Artest.

Yao only had 4 turnovers in the game, despite having 3 in the 1st quarter. People really blame Yao too much, but I don't mind considering that about 99% of them haven't even played basketball in their life-time.

8. OlajuwonShake34

:confused: This has nothing to do with Yao Ming choking, We are talking about Adelman and if he deserves blame. If I had to take a guess, You are a McGrady fan hoping failure on this team so we can think T-Mac is the Great one. :rolleyes:

9. fmp087

fmp087 Member

The Lakers completely took the inside out game away from us in the second half.

Adelman was completely outcoached in the second half, and did not make the correct adjusments to win this game. He kept trying to force feed Yao.

He knows what works and what doesn't, I just don't understand why he doesn't implement change when it is needed.

10. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

No, I want Rockets to win it all but you were also talking about Yao Ming in the clutch, but he just isn't too good there. Artest should of hit his 3s though.

11. Shaud

Shaud Member

I have no clue what Adelman was thinking letting Yao play for one whole quarter and then still keeping him out there for the beginning of the next quarter.

He did it both halfs.

12. OlajuwonShake34

I am wondering the exact same thing. This season, I have appreciated more and more of what Jeff Van Gundy once brought. When he left this team, I couldn't wait to watch the Rockets next season and how amazing they would be. Unfortunately, We are not much better than I thought.

I honestly suggest a new coach who is smart on offense and defense. The only one I can think of is Avery Johnson, since he did turn Dirk into an MVP and he did make Dirk lead them to the Finals.

13. RocketsHero

RocketsHero Member

No, he was right when Brooks played SG and guarded Kobe

14. RocketsHero

RocketsHero Member

He wants to win

15. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Tonight was all on Ron. I really hope he looks his teammates straight in the eyes tonight and says it was his fault because what he pulled in that 4th quarter was about as dumb as it gets.

You don't piss of Kobe... and then (especially if you're having a horrible offensive night like Ron was having) you don't get into a shooting match with him.

And it would have been nice had he been able to hit, I don't know, ONE three pointer...

16. yearning

yearning Rookie

Yao shot 6-6 in the first half and he hardly catch the ball after Brooks came into the court at the 3rd quarter. Yao did missed several rebounds but let Brooks in was the turning point of the game. I have to say Adelman deserve the blame on this. Besides we missed too many 3- pointers. :(

17. Shaud

Shaud Member

Well if he wants to win he better not do that again.

There are only 2 games that I can remember him doing that.

The Chicago game

The Lakers game

And we lost both.

18. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

That was not Adelman's fault. That was just miscommunication between the players.

19. OlajuwonShake34

Yao did miss rebounds, but honestly Jeff Van Gundy would NEVER let Yao miss another rebound again if he had a horrible rebounding night before. Adelman has absolutely no care about what his players does in the previous games or their flaws.

We need somebody who isn't laid back and we need somebody who knows how to coach both ends. If Rudy T. was willing to coach again, there would be no doubt I would take him.

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I blame Artest mostly. It's not that he missed the open 3s. That's fine. Some nights you are off. I blame him for trying to do too much, turning over the ball on offense.

Defensively, that play when he gambled to steal the ball out of Kobe's hands with the shot-clock down to 3 seconds was the game right there. Had he just stayed with Kobe instead of trying to steal, Kobe would not have enough time to take a good shot. That was the game breaking play.

I also blame Adelman for leaving Artest in there for so long. He should have pulled Artest earlier when there were clear signs that Artest's mind isn't functioning properly, and put in Battier to guard Kobe.