1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Lotto Generator

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by DarkHorse, Feb 28, 2006.

1. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

We're pretty quickly leaving any realistic chance of a top 3 pick in the distance. I'd say it's time to put the Aldridge dreams away. We're picking in the upper teens if not #20.

Evan

2. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

You can't really "break" into the top five. THe draft is set to pick the first three picks. Hence, the three big areas for Number 1, Number 2, and Number 3. You can only slide up to the top three, or move as far back to number 13, or 14, assuming that Utah, and Sacramento moved into the top three.

3. voice

voice Member

tried it like i don't know about 500 times and the best i could do was top 3, the 3rd pick- tyrus thomas.

every other time, i got 12 and some pathetic point guard who can't shoot.

4. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

Get JJ Redick. He'll get open look all day long when you have Yao and Tmac.

5. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Impressive! I don't see any ads so I'm assuming cash?

What disturbs me is who they project us to take if we don't win. This persons going to suck up guaranteed contract money for a few years and may only play in garbage time. Very weak draft.

6. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

The third year and fourth year of the new comer's contract will be team options. So it won't be that bad. Plus, you can always trade out of the pick.

7. JamesC

JamesC Member

You forgot the part about him playing with more intensity and having a good feel for the game.

8. ricky-retardo

ricky-retardo Contributing Member

30 times and all but once the 12 pick. The other was 13.

9. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Yes sir ... that's a real email from almost 6 years ago.

I did the lottery generator for the 1999-2000 season because the Rockets sucked ass and I wanted to see in realtime what the chances were of us getting a top pick. I also did a mock "lottery race" feature that was fun and a mock draft madness game. All of that stuff was a monstrous success for the site... brought a lot of eyeballs in. I ended up doing that for 3 seasons because, well, we sucked ass for 3 seasons. Once the Rockets got it together I didn't keep up with it anymore (though if things take a downward slide you may see a return), but you can still see it here.

http://www.clutchfans.net/lottery_generate.cfm

Chad Ford was a big fan of the site and wanted to use it on NBATalk. When he was bought out by ESPN, he took the concept with him. RealGM also took the idea the year after I did it (2001). I don't really care ... it's not like I wrote Windows or anything. I just laugh when I see people who think this is an ESPN original concept.

10. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I saw the old rockets logo on there... frightening.

11. JamesC

JamesC Member

I finally got the top pick after about 30 minutes of playing. Lamarcus Aldredge was the pick

12. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    HURRAY!!!!!

I'd want to take Adam Morrison though . . .

13. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Well this is nice and all, but our lottery dreams are fading away pretty quick. Even with Mcgrady slumping, Yao and company is playing well enough to beat all the mediocre teams. We'll end up with the 8th seed and make a quick exit unless T-mac can get his **** together.

14. WizzyWig

WizzyWig Member

It's not really about T-Mac...it's about the team and the fact that they have never really been healthy enough, long enough to develop any kind of chemistry.

15. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

4 try we got Lamarcus Aldridge

16. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

It's all fun and games now but don't worry we will know way before draft day when we pick because we are making the playoffs and laker fans will be playing the lotto game!

17. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Has JJ Reddick slipped to the mid-teens? I remember when everybody thought he'd be a top 5 pick. I love his game in college, but I'm afraid he's Trajan Langdon all over again.

18. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

I hope you do not want this guy to be a Rocket.

Another undersized gaurd?

19. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

Cat was 6-5 and look what he have done for us. This kid can shoot, and that's all I care about.

20. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Cat could shoot, but he also had handles and some lateral quickness. You think guards penetrate at will against us now? Wait til we get Reddick.

I want Shelden Williams or Brandon Roy. Guys that'll do their jobs and not have any attitude problems playing third or fourth fiddle behind our big two.