1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

FIRE JVG

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bplld, Jan 11, 2006.

1. bplld

bplld Contributing Member

Dont tell me that injury sh*t. This guy can only make a good team worst. I know at the moment that we have a really weak lineup, but it isnt the worst in the nba. When we dont have yao or Tmac, not both just one, we are not the worst team in the nba. This guy is a horrible coach, the only reason for any of the rockets success is that we have the best duo in the nba. I have been seeing bad moves by him all season. They are minor ones, but so many of them. His substitutions with foul trouble really arent logical. He often seems uninterested in trying to keep players in the game, like baxter and head. He doesnt know how to work in the clutch most of all. Why does Stro take the clutch shots over Head. Also, why did it take him so long to figure out the Bowen is the worst player in the nba? Why doesnt he try to use the offensive talent on this team properly, and how great is our defense. You can say it is one of the best in the nba, but most people dont respect it and there is a purpose for it. One recent bad move he made was that wesley covered melo few nights ago. Final shot of the game, 6-1 against melo? JVG has such an obvious bias toward certain players its not even funny.

Sorry bout the last thread that got locked. I left the laptop and my lil sister thought it would be funny.

2. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

hmmmm......

3. waelhakmeh

waelhakmeh Member

my understanding is that stro was supposed to come over and help. you can't blame jvg for players not executing too :rolleyes:

the rest of the post is pretty garbled nonsense.

4. jeremy99

jeremy99 Contributing Member

Ditto. WTF is Moochie doing in the game? Didn't John Lucas hit a clutch 3 last night to force double overtime? No wonder our new guys can't get in a rhythm. JVG is not consistent. I am just fed up with this and Bowen, don't get me started.

5. xcomputerman

xcomputerman Contributing Member

Rinse, lather, repeat. (in before the lock)

6. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

When one of your threads gets locked, it's always a good idea to start another one just like it. The mods love it when people do that...

7. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

I better get this in before the lock.

[​IMG]

8. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

OMG, dude, stop posting.....

9. ndnguy85

ndnguy85 Contributing Member

ouu i finally got to post before a lock! :D

10. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Contributing Member

And that one made more sense than this one.

11. darkwarrior

darkwarrior Member

I think you're going to get banned. And I like

12. bplld

bplld Contributing Member

whatever. Yall keep watching the rockets and just keep lying to yourself. JVG isnt going to take you anywhere and dont expect to see him next season. Quote that. He isnt coming back next season. No way the rockets will keep him.

13. Dallas Rocket

Dallas Rocket Contributing Member

Just watched...it's sad.

The team we paraded on the court tonight couldn't make the NCAA final four.

Yeah, let's fire the coach....what are you thinking? Give JVG credit for not giving in to excuses. Maybe fire the training staff......

D R

14. Jacquescas

Jacquescas Contributing Member

wow is getting in before the lock good?

15. edc

edc Contributing Member

Unfortunately Le$ folly will keep Mr. Van Gundy around for at least one more season.

16. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

You're right. I'm sure if Phil Jackson were here, we would be 30-4 right now. Sure TMac, Yao, DA, Barry and Sura are out but that's beside the point. It's all JVG's fault.

I'm sure Phil Jackson, Larry Brown, or Rudy T could win with a starting lineup of Alston, Wesley, Bowen, Howard and Deke.

17. moligity

moligity Contributing Member

I havn't been over here in the GARM for a long time -- so, so what's been going on?

18. Kyrodis

Kyrodis Contributing Member

Our role players fit well around Yao and Tracy, but how much talent do you think we actually have on the floor? A former streetballer, a rookie, a journeyman power forward, a 38+ year-old center, and 4 guys who would be 11-12th men on any other team (Lucas, Bowen, Moochie, and Baxter).

I don't understand the whole "we have talent without Yao/Tracy" argument. Juwan Howard is currently our best player out there. You expected a team with Howard as its go to guy to win against a team with Brad Miller, Mike Bibby, and Peja Stojakovic? You are seriously overrating our role players.

19. mmesser

mmesser Contributing Member

lock, in before the

20. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

What's with all the people calling for the "lock"? The guy formed an opinion and backs it up with his own observations. If you disagree tell us why...