1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

FIRE GUNDY!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by R0ckets03, Dec 4, 2004.

1. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

First the r****d decides the offense is going to go solely through Yao. Today you can tell he decided the offense would only go through Tmac.

How about incorporating both of them? :rolleyes:

Even if we win today this crap is beyond boring to watch. We have 57 points and its the freakin 4th quarter. The Rockets slogan should not be "Be Big", it should be "Be Bored".

The r****d actually had Mutumbo, Padgett, Bowen, Reece and Andre Barette on the floor at the same time.

Les has to see the ocean of empty seats and hopefully realizes that its because the Rockets are beyond boring to watch. Nobody wants to watch this GARBAGE!!!

The day Jeff Van r****d gets fired will be one of the of happiest days of my life. I would rank it right up there iwth drafting Yao and trading for TMac.

Everybody come on ------- FIRE GUNDY!!!!!!!

2. hoang17

hoang17 Contributing Member

AMEN !!!

FIRE GRUMPY!!!!

3. rich_argh

rich_argh Member

be bored hahaha

4. KiMcHiStYLe

KiMcHiStYLe Contributing Member

How do they go about firing a coach in the nba neway? Can they just cut them in the middle of the year, out of the blue? and if so, wouldnt they have to have a replacement ready for the position? If Rudy didnt go to LA, the decision would have been easier, but its really cloudy as to what to do if we were to fire gundy right now...

5. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Leslie: Whats up Grumpy?

Grumpy: Nothing. I know we are on a 13 game losing streak, but I dont need your vote of confidence.

Leslie: ummm..

Grumpy: I know we are only averaging 57 pts per game, but I have some defensive schemes that can have the opposing teams averaging 56.9 ppg.

Leslie: STF up bi***! Cause of your dumb ass no one is coming to the games!! YOU ARE FIRED JACK ASS!!!

Leslie then just has to pay the r****d for the remaining of his contract and is free to hire anyone he wants. I think its worth it though. He aint makin money with all the empty seats anyways.

6. tierre_brown

tierre_brown Contributing Member

Listen to R03...he is Clutch GOD after the fire gundy chant he got going!

7. isoman2kx

isoman2kx Member

*plays the violin for r0ckets03*

8. DollarBill

DollarBill Contributing Member

He will always be my God because of what he did. ;)

9. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

I've watched a lot of NBA basketball over the last 25 years and I can't remember EVER seeing a team this bad on the offensive end of the floor.

10. isoman2kx

isoman2kx Member

can say that again lol

11. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

Prediction:

JVG gets fired. Patrick Ewing takes over and then mysteriously disappears.

And then we get Condoleezza!!!

12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

• We can't shoot.
    • We can't get offensive rebounds when we miss so there are no second shots.
    • We dont run fast breaks to get easy shots. And even if we did we can't get the rebounds and outlets to even start fast breaks.
    • We have two star players still trying to find their way
    • Other than McGrady and sometimes Sura no one can dribble penetrate to create for others or for themselves.

yeah, that about adds up to bad offense.

We could at least make SOME headway if we could either get a SOLID shooter or a good rebounder. But when you have neither. You are sunk!

13. gotoloveit2

gotoloveit2 Contributing Member

We've been having tough times force feeding Yao in the post for obvious reasons. Guess what, now we are having problems force feeding T-Mac on the perimeter. That's pathetic.:mad:

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Goto,

Teams over play us, and we rarely make them pay by cutting back door.

I just posted a thread about this very topic.

DD

15. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

I was frustrated too. But it was because our shots were not falling down. How is this the worst offense we have seen in ages? Is it even bad basketball? Balls were shared and moved but the shots did not fall down. That is just tough luck. You have to take the highs with the lows in this league.

We scrapily found a way to win and stay on course to reverse our current demise. We husled. We played smart for the most time. We played above average defense. Some nights you win ugly and we used that line Saturday night.

You guys are begining to whine like thanksgiving turkey. Did some of you even watch the match/game? Must you whine for everything? Absolutely nobody's shot was falling save for Bowen early. But mama said that there will be days like this - I'd take days like this with a healthy win.

We need to calm down with all this unnecessary negativity. Hell is not coming to earth (at least not yet). This thing will be turned around soon. You can just see it and feel it if you remove the gloom and doom glasses from your face.

Enough of the whining already. :rolleyes:

PS. The elders on this site should know better. You have been through the up, downs, highs and lows. But get yourselves together and start speaking with voices of reason rather than giving credence to this rubbish sentiment that is fouling up this forum (starting with this thread).

16. DaDakota

Fegwu is correct, we took a lot of wide open shots...all those 3s we clanked were open.

This team needs time to get their legs underneath them, and the shots will start falling.

It was good to play this bad, and still get a win for a change.

We are owed a few, the 3pt Bank shot by the Knicks comes to mind.

DD

17. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It was bad basketball.

Come on. You can't call shooting that poorly good basketball. I don't care if they were wide open looks. Big deal. You have to knock it down, or it doesn't mean $..t.

18. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

What is Les waiting for? Fire JVG Now!!

A terrible game. We went right back to where we were. We sneaked by the Sixers, and the only reason we lost is because the Sixers are that bad.

And what's with Boki? Jimmy doesn' t play, every reserve plays terrible, and JVG still won't put in Boki? This is Bull$&*#, he's killing our team right now and leaving us with no improvement in sight.

19. DaDakota

Pasox,

No doubt, but at least the guys are still trusting one another and passing the ball.

They are playing the right way, only 12 TO tonight, and their defense is still there.

But, their shooting was TERRIBLE tonight.....

And most were uncontested....

Ugh.

DD

20. DaDakota

He put Boki on IR so Ryan Bowen could start.

DD