1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

RIP Herman Cain

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Perhaps a positive to this is it help people take it more seriously?

Perhaps a negative of this is insensitivity and defensiveness and ... doubling down on taking it less serious.

Peace out.

RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Team work it out. I get it. But we're on the same team.
    @Os Trigonum

We don't know for sure that he got it there, but he didn't take precautions considering he was very high risk.
    He shouldn't be remembered for his death but for his life.

AroundTheWorld, ROXRAN and RayRay10 like this.
  4. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Are you saying he didn't?

Nook, RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

He probably would be if he wasn't so stringently anti-science and anti-public health.

Unfortunately his death will now be the largest footprint he leaves as an example of how not to operate.

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

What the hell do you have to lose?

Answer: your money, your freedom, your dignity, your family, your life.

AroundTheWorld, Blatz, Lar and 7 others like this.
  7. CCorn

CCorn Member

I heard an interview with Newsom a few months back where he commended Cain for the work he was doing with California.

He seemed a little off with some of his beliefs, but he seemed like a good person (rare for this administration).

RIP.

RayRay10 likes this.
  8. SamFisher

Your Republican party - a staffer presumably tweeting this with his account - as he died.

9. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

RIP.

Just thinking about him yesterday afternoon WRT Americas Frontline Doctors and the deference to authority that that particular profession/calling automatically generates. I used to automatically believe anything any doctor said without a second thought out of respect to the profession, but it turns out people are still just people.

I disagreed severely with a lot of the things that came out of his mouth, but unlike a lot of his cohort, I was never once concerned that he was being manipulative or anything other than genuine and direct. I think he was wrong about a lot of things that he said, but I think he always tried to speak the clearest truth as he saw it.

I hope that isn't offensive.

#49 Ottomaton, Jul 30, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
    jiggyfly, RayRay10, Nook and 2 others like this.
  10. shorerider

shorerider Member

It's just a cold or a conspiracy. Let's open everything back up.

RayRay10, FranchiseBlade and Nook like this.
  11. Nook

Nook Member

June 20th Cain attends the Trump rally in Oklahoma as a special guest (Over the next two weeks 8 Trump staffers test positive for COVID19)

July 2nd Cain is admitted to the hospital with severe COVID19 symptoms and tests positive.

July 26-27 Cain's family states he is going better

July 30th Cain dies from COVID19

Cain was 74 years old with diabetes and a survivor of stage 4 colon cancer.

No one will ever know definitively when and where Cain contracted COVID19....... He very well could have walked into a 7-11 around the same time as the rally and got it from someone infected in the store.......... however, the timeline works for him contracting it at the rally........ and his death only highlights how incredibly reckless he was in his behavior. He was an educated man, he knew the risks and still partook in risky behavior.

It is sad that he is dead, he was a role model and an example for many people and an inspiration........ however pointing out his behavior is fair game. I haven't seen anyone gloating in it so far.

12. Nook

Nook Member

I don't know about the good person part, he had a number of sexual harassment allegations and paid at least some of them to go away.

Like many successful people, he was a complicated figure.

He was an inspiration though...... I have had a number of black people tell me that while they disliked his politics, he did inspire them to show that black folks can own their own businesses and be successful on their own.

noppeper, RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

That's clearly not cheering in any way, he's calling him stupid which is rude in light of his death, but it's not cheering.

AroundTheWorld and RayRay10 like this.
  14. malakas

malakas Member

Why we shouldnt cheer if an elected official is promoting policies that lead to mass death?

If your president cancels the firefighters and lets your city to be burned down to the ground and your children are burned alive, wont you be happy if he dies the same way?

I never heard of this man, his deeds in life or whatever.
    But he has lead people to death and that is enough to say good riddance!

I am not the least bit ashamed to say
    I sure as hell am happy if such people fall sick and die the most horrible death.

These are NOT innocents.

They are on purpose causing the deaths of thousands of people by spreading misinformation for their political reasons.

They are GUILTY of mass murder.

RayRay10 likes this.
  15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

RIP Herman Cain. I'm deeply saddened masking has become political to the point where it's a contentious issue of death.

But it wouldn't have mattered if he wore a mask to the indoor super spreader event. There are no points given to the "designated driver" at a covid party. It doesn't work like that and we're still in a state of misinformation half a year in.

Hopefully someone with authority at the WH will wake the **** up to reality and not make his death more senseless than it is right now.

CometsWin, RayRay10 and DVauthrin like this.
  16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

What kind of informative cheerleaders did you go to high school with ?

RayRay10 and dookiester like this.
  17. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Well said. I don’t want anyone to die from COVID-19, but bad decisions can absolutely lead to grave consequences, especially in these trying times. Cain made a slew of bad choices because of ignorance and idiocy and paid the ultimate price with his life. Anyone that believes COVID-19 is no big deal, a hoax, etc., needs to wake up before they find themselves fighting for their life like Cain did. Unfortunately, Cain’s death won’t change their twisted minds in most cases, and that’s sad.

Nook, Blatz and RayRay10 like this.
  18. SamFisher

The Golden Girls

Blatz and RayRay10 like this.
  19. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

You did nothing wrong. It’s also hypocritical of the original poster who has a habit of making trolling comments on this forum without any justification and later claims he was doing no such thing.

Here’s one such example from the re-open thread on Monday:

And another from the thread about the Nebraska governor and reopening schools on July 18:

#59 DVauthrin, Jul 30, 2020
    Nook, Blatz, RayRay10 and 3 others like this.
  20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

All I see is another black person dying

Edit: Cain obviously isn't a typical minority death. As has been noted he believed in the conspiracies. Still very sad

I had a 70+ year old first cousin die a couple of weeks ago. She was very cautious. Sadly she may have caught it from daughter or grandson

#60 pgabriel, Jul 30, 2020
    Nook and Invisible Fan like this.