1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

RIP Herman Cain

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 30, 2020.

1. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

When they are as stupid as Cain was? yes.

RayRay10, DVauthrin and malakas like this.
  2. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

If someone dies because they were driving drunk, they died because of their own reckless behavior. While we don’t know Cain contracted covid from the rally and never will, we can say that his actions dramatically increased the likelihood he would get covid, which is reckless.

3. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Sorry to disagree but that was NO mistake on his part. This man was college educated with degrees in Mathematics and Computer Science for God's sake. And yet he made a deliberate, conscious decison to ignore medical science and participate as window dressing for Trump's political theatre. In the end, it will all be for naught as Trump doesn't give one damn about him nor any person of color. It will be interesting to see just how much his "black life" mattered to Trump.

4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

better, fairer reporting:

"While it is unclear where Cain contracted the disease, he was among several thousand people who attended a Trump campaign rally in Tulsa on June 20, most of whom did not wear masks. Cain, who co-chaired Black Voices for Trump, was pictured maskless and not socially distancing at the event."
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/herman-cain-former-republican-presidential-hopeful-has-died-of-the-coronavirus-statement-on-his-website-says/2020/07/30/4ac62a10-d273-11ea-9038-af089b63ac21_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-banner-main_cain-newser-1110am:homepage/story-ans

RayRay10 and Jayzers_100 like this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

this

Minority? Check

Old age? Check

Past medical history of a serious condition? Check

he of all people should’ve been taking this thing extremely seriously, and unfortunately, he ended up paying the ultimate price

It’s so irresponsible and dangerous to be spreading lies and conspiracies about this virus. People will believe them, and either affect themselves or others because of it. It’s why it’s so frustrating when idiots are spouting the dumbest of things with regards to Covid-19. There are many people who thought this thing was a hoax or bought into misinformation, and it cost them. We don’t hear about them because they’re just a random citizen and not somebody like Herman Cain.

RayRay10, DVauthrin and malakas like this.
  6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No one deserves to die like that.

There's obviously the temptation to engage in schadenfreude when something like this happens or to say "they doubted it so they deserved it" This is a very hard lesson and one that shouldn't have come to this.

For that matter whether Herman Cain doubted the nature of COVID-19 or not there are still plenty of people who have taken it seriously yet still caught it. The virus doesn't care what your political leanings are and since it is a highly contagious disease you can still take this seriously do the right things and just from bad luck catch it.

RayRay10 and DVauthrin like this.
  8. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

He stated the truth.

Blatz and RayRay10 like this.
  9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Is it confirmed? No, because we do not have the testing and tracing capabilities and the infection is too wide-spread to narrow it down to any single event.

but going to a large indoor event without masks on sure increases your risks.

Blatz, RayRay10, Newlin and 1 other person like this.
  10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Hell no they aren't. Like the person I know who's dead from this virus -- definitely not stupid or ignorant. She tried to avoid it.

But for someone who peddles misinformation online and then intentionally and publicly ignores the advice of medical professionals... ? What adjectives would you use for that? I'm open to ideas.

Anyway, RIP. It's a shame that this will be politicized when it's just another family tragedy, but he definitely made a public, political stance out of a health crisis, so this stuff is just going to follow. Political parties in functional countries are all just following the medical advice and there's no argument about things like masks, and what do you know, they're starting to carefully move past this pandemic. (sigh)

Blatz, RayRay10, DVauthrin and 2 others like this.
  11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Time out, no discord amongst the SICO members

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

RIP

At that age, you cannot afford to not take covid seriously.

RayRay10 likes this.
  13. Reeko

Reeko Member

I don’t appreciate somebody saying I’m cheering or celebrating a person’s death when nothing I posted comes close to that

Blatz, jiggyfly and RayRay10 like this.
  14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

His politics and COVID denial doesn’t make it any less sad for his family and friends to lose him. He is gone regardless.

I do wonder how many people got infected with COVID through him, though, if he isn’t practicing distancing and masking. And how many medical workers risked exposure to save him.

RayRay10 likes this.
  15. J.R.

J.R. Member

I'll be that ******* and just say it ... I don't feel bad.

Now the Trumpanzee right are like "stop politicizing it! You are so disgusting!"

Yeah, maybe you shouldn't have politicized wearing a mask.
    And maybe you shouldn't have held your dumbass rallies.

Sorry, I don't feel bad. You downplayed the virus, called it a hoax, it's the Democrat's hoax, election year "trying to hurt Trump", population control, you politicized wearing a mask, you politicized stay-at-home orders, you attack the professional Dr. Fauci while praising some doctor who believes in alien demon semen...

MAH FREEDUMS! INFRINGING UPON MAH CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS! I WILL NOT WEAR A MASK! I WILL NOT SOCIAL DISTANCE! I WILL NOT QUARANTINE! I WILL NOT STAY HOME! I WILL NOT CONTACT TRACE!

WE HAVE RALLIES TO ATTEND! #MAGA

Congratulations.

#35 J.R., Jul 30, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
  16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

RIP to a true Godfather and Burger King.

17. Nook

Nook Member

Ehh

Being a 74 year old diabetic and a stage 4 cancer survivor........ and not wearing a mask and attending an indoors even with thousands of people during a pandemic?

That is exercising really, really poor judgment.

A man died, it isn't a laughing matter but pointing out that he was reckless is just a fact..... hopefully people look at his death and realize that they should take basic precautions. No matter how successful or how much money you have, death is death.

I will mostly remember him for being a successful black business executive and business owner that was in the limelight.... so by proxy he is a role model..... that and also, as sad as it is, that he let his ego get the best of him and did not exercise basic precautions during a pandemic.

18. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Wear a mask and stay away from crowds, folks.

ROXRAN, RayRay10, pirc1 and 2 others like this.
  19. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

It's not about where he caught it or whether he had underlying conditions: it's about him having a totally wrong belief about something that quickly killed him. He F'ed up. He did. Don't be like him. That's the point.

20. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

Herman Cain learned the hard way.... don't poke the bear.......... also the fact that Cain had underlying conditions does not change the fact he died from COVID and would be alive right now if not for COVID.

RayRay10 and Invisible Fan like this.