1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Anything exciting? I was trying TGT BAC NOK calls. So far it's nothing really great but + is good

2. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

I went ahead and dumped my quick MSFT trade. A quick $11 per share from Friday afternoon to Tuesday morning. No need to be greedy.

Meanwhike XLF and KBE starting to firm up a little. Most of the banks are trading near book value...in the past that's marked a pretty good buying opportunity. Just gotta be patient.

CCity Zero likes this.
  3. adoo

adoo Member

did u get this co, who has re-invented itself to become a mask maker

[​IMG]

CCity Zero likes this.
  4. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Damn, I wish I had got in on this one. Were you able to?

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Nah. I'm in BABA, but the rest of those stocks in China are too difficult for me to follow or get a grasp on what's going on in many cases. I'm just sticking with BABA for now, and maybe an ETF in the future for China exposure.

6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

NIO has made me a happy kid the last few days. I’m almost dead set on holding it and adding on down days. It will probably be down to $7-8 by August lol

CCity Zero and dmoneybangbang like this.
  7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

That's one of those Robinhood stocks combined with a Chinese mystery stock... scary combo. I can do one or the other, but both? Damn! :D You'll probably definitely have down days to drop more money into it. I think it recently dropped something like 20-25% in 2 or 3 days a few days ago. I remember reading they would've gone under if it hadn't been for Tencent and somebody else pumping money into them. They've been selling about the same number of vehicles every month or so for a couple of years now, so I dunno.

Li Auto filed for a US IPO, if you're interested in other names. I know nothing about them. lol.

8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

As far as I k ow their sales are trending up.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/insideevs.com/news/431909/nio-sales-june-2020/amp/

their car also had a best time ever on the track in Germany ( I forget the name of it) I KNOW China wants a flagship car company so I presume capital won’t be a problem for some time. And I’ve been to China a few times I know they want less pollution it’s awful there in certain areas.

The thing is for me though is this a Lukin Coffee company or is it not, simple as that.

As far as the “Robinhood” stock thing I generally look at that as a negative. But young people can be intuitive when it comes to trends. Put it this way I would rather put my money in Tesla Nio and next era energy than Exxon and Shell.

9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

You're thinking of the Nurburgring, but that was a few years ago, and the car wasn't street-legal from what I recall (correct me if I'm wrong). I think Porsche or VW have beaten those times since then.

Yup. I almost even bought Luckin once. lol. Wow - dodged a bullet there.

For me, it's not anything against young people or trends, but when airline and cruise line stocks are getting driven up during these times, something's really wrong. And a lot of that volume is made by getting people to jump on board and drive stocks up so the people getting them to pile on can get out at the top -- who cares what happens to the stock after that, right? A lot of their platforms are wallstreetbets, Robinhood, etc. and led by deranged "traders" that rookies will follow like Dave Portnoy because everybody is making money when the market is going up. I was in my 20's when I got caught up in some of that with the dotcom bubble and it was the same thing back then minus the prevalence of social media.

But I said it back then, and I still say it with regard to stupid stocks going up now. You can disagree with it, and it probably shouldn't be happening, but are you just going to sit on the sidelines saying "this is wrong" or take a chance and jump in? If you find a $20 bill on your front yard, are you going to say "that's not normal" and leave it there or take it? That's basically the decision. Depending on when you get in on some of this garbage, you can make a lot of money or lose a lot of money. If you got in at the bottom in March, everything's basically been going up, so you look like a genius. At some point, that won't work anymore. I have a couple of moonshot stocks, but other than that, I just kept buying into quality stuff most of the way so far and will continue to do so.

10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Wonder if Cramer is going to drive PLUG up or down afterhours? lol.

CCity Zero likes this.
  11. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

Anyone here daytrade and can recommend a good platform or can offer thoughts on the Think or Swim platform? I was a pro day trader from 2004-2007 and then decided to get out and go to grad school before I had a pre-mature heart attack from the stress. Now that I'm stuck at home working remote for the foreseeable future, I was thinking of getting back in the daytrade game and at least trade the first few hours of the morning before I need to login for work since I'm on the West coast.

CCity Zero likes this.
  12. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I haven't tried ToS but I've heard good things and I was thinking of signing up eventually. Right now I like webull atm due to the extended hours 3am pre market to open, and then till 7 pm for AH so have been still testing it out. If You're daytrading some of those low caps after hours /pm can go wild so you get a lot of extra time to get plays in. With the no commission/fee trades it's pretty interesting.

I think the interface on Webull is not fun... But you get used to it. If you have any questions on particular ones I know a lot of people use all kinds of brokers here. Hope you kill it. If you have any tips def post, haha.

When you traded before did you do many options or just stocks?

Cokebabies likes this.
  13. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

A Spate of Bank Runs Breaks Out in China, Fueled by Social Media
    Bloomberg News
    July 15, 2020, 5:00 AM GMT+8 Updated on July 15, 2020, 1:07 PM GMT+8
    • Worried savers have descended on three banks since June
    • Regulator warns of sharp rise in bad loans, capital shortages

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...hina-bank-runs-force-police-regulators-to-act

A lot of smoke, keep seeing bad news about their banks, if the property bubble ever pops...

NotInMyHouse likes this.
  14. adoo

adoo Member

nope, this was not in my radar
    [​IMG]

in view of the emphatic bounce off the 20 dma, w volume, i am gonna let this winner run into ERS today after market closing.
    • sold a covered call, 217.5 strike call, expiring on 7-24
    • sold a bullish put spread, Aug expiration
    • bought Oct 215 CALL
    after the ERS, i expect another run for MSFT goin into X-Div, which is ~ 3 wks later

[​IMG]

#10914 adoo, Jul 22, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
    CCity Zero likes this.
  15. adoo

adoo Member

AMD is making a strong move to break-thru the purple trend line---just traded above 60---sure looks like the 7th time will be a chime

[​IMG]

#10915 adoo, Jul 22, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
  16. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

17. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

18. adoo

adoo Member

i wan to update my 9 Jul estimate
    previously, i had not factor in the pin-ball action emanating from Best Buy and Texas Instrument which, i believe, accounts for today's BIG pop.

goin on limb, AMD to hit $69 before the next ERS

dmoneybangbang, CCity Zero and saitou like this.
  19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

CCity Zero, dmoneybangbang and saitou like this.
  20. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Are you gonna close b4 earnings? Was thinking of closing my calls b4 earnings, but continue to HODL the underlying. Last few ER it has dipped a bit after the ER.