1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Whitlock going full Fox News.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by jiggyfly, Jul 6, 2020.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Da ****?

Who made you the arbitrator of love and respect?

RayRay10 and Nook like this.
  2. bongman

bongman Member

yes there are good and bad actions of an individual . That is not the issue, the question is, how did you come up with the conclusion that something is good or bad? If you used the wrong methodology, you can easily conclude that racism is GOOD.

What method did you use?

RayRay10, Nook and jiggyfly like this.
  3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

:eek:

Oh ****!!

4. Nook

Nook Member

That is a huge problem in this country and the world. People do not question why they believe what they believe and even when they do, pride keeps them from changing their mind.

I see it with racism, sexism, classism, political opinions.... all the way down to how they view and treat their spouse and children.

If you support your views with "that is how it has always been" or "that is how I was raised"......... then open your ignorant eyes and figure it out.

RayRay10 likes this.
  5. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Oof, if you say so.

As I said, they have the freedom to do what they want. I choose to disagree with the choice of having trains ran on them by college athletes. I didn't think that would be such a controversial take.

Then, why mention that she looks like the type of girl you and your buddies would run trains on? You didn't mean that as a compliment to her.

RayRay10 likes this.
  6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I agree but I have to admit your use of the word train was also cringy to me.

TheFreak and RayRay10 like this.
  7. JumpMan

That's a good question. I've never thought about it. All I know is that I have love and respect for everyone, I don't judge them, I just agree or disagree with them. I view choices as right or wrong. When appropriate, I will correct someone when they do something I think is wrong. They are free to listen or not listen. I feel like I need to let them know like in this conversation with Nook. He'll more than likely judge me and go on and live his life the same way he's been living it. That's fine with me.

RayRay10 likes this.
  8. Nook

Nook Member

First, of course you are entitled to your opinion no matter how degrading it is to women.

Because she does? She looks like a lot of the girls that wanted to have group sex with me and my friends or my girlfriend. They were typically women that claimed they were very conservative or held conservative values and in private wanted to have group sex. I do not think any less of them except to the extent they were judgmental of other women doing the same thing. I would see that sometimes.

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. Nook

Nook Member

That is fine, if the you find the word cringy. I can see how someone could view it as an extreme word. It doesn't really have a loaded meaning to me.

jiggyfly and RayRay10 like this.
  10. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

Agree. Just look at muslim women - a real head scratcher.

11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

@Nook how did you run over a woman with a train?

mdrowe00 and RayRay10 like this.
  12. Nook

Nook Member

With permission?

[​IMG]

jiggyfly, mdrowe00 and RayRay10 like this.
  13. bongman

bongman Member

Everybody, me especially, have made wrong conclusions in the past. The only time I realized I was wrong was when I tried to analyze what convinced me to believe it. Once I determined, I had invalid reasons or no justification to believe it, I dropped that belief.

You say you don't judge them but you really are. If there ever was a hypothetical bill which makes some form of consensual sex unlawful, how do you think you would vote?

14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

RayRay10 likes this.
  15. JumpMan

Can you provide an example?

The word is not judgment, but discernment. I am discerning an action as wrong. This is why I asked you if there was right and wrong in this world. You seemingly agreed. So, if you actually do, then you could discern this particular action we have been discussing as right or wrong.

What ends up happening today is that any action one deems as wrong is considered a judgment. In this particular case, I think we all KNOW that the action is wrong, but when deemed wrong it FEELS like a judgment of the person(s) and not discernment of the action.

What is really a correction and discernment, feels like judgment. As DMX said, there's a difference between being wrong and doing wrong. DMX understands better what Tupac thought he understood when he said only God could judge me. That is that you are not your actions.

I just watched an episode of The 70s Show in which Forman is teasing Hyde about loving his dad and his dad loving him. This was after Hyde's dad had started to behave like Forman's dad, Red. See, Red is strict on Forman even though he knew his kid might hate him for it. He uses discernment to deem his son's actions as right or wrong and corrects him. Hyde's father had never corrected him so Hyde never felt loved by his father.

I would vote against it. I can't think of a law involving sex that is needed that is not already on the books.

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. Nook

Nook Member

No. You made a judgment. You decided that a woman making the decision to have sex with more than one adult at the same time is wrong. That is the judgment you made - that is your right, but own up to it. “God” did not make that judgment - you did.

Also no, I think you live in a bubble brother. Not everyone “KNOWS” or believes it is wrong for a single, healthy woman to decide to have sex consensually with more than one person. That is what you (without question) believe to be true and accordingly assume everyone else feels the same.

RayRay10, Jayzers_100 and mdrowe00 like this.
  17. JumpMan

Do you feel judged?

We disagree. No big deal.

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. Buck Turgidson

[​IMG]

I would just like to add that I'm enjoying yall's conversation.

And also that threesomes are awesome.

dobro1229, RayRay10 and Nook like this.
  19. Nook

Nook Member

Do I feel judged? Being judged doesn’t bother me. What bothered me is that you judged and tried to claim you didn’t judge - just own it. I am concerned that you judge women on that basis though.... women already face enough judgment in this world.

I agree it isn’t a big deal and I hold no ill will towards you and have no negative feelings about you

RayRay10 and Jayzers_100 like this.
  20. bongman

bongman Member

One example is RELIGION which basically did not make sense at all after thorough analysis.

The fact that we are in disagreement that a particular action is BAD or NOT is a testament that NOT EVERYBODY knows what is ethical. I am not saying who is correct on this subject but one of us is WRONG. How can you have a strong opinion of a subject when you admittedly acknowledge that you have not given the idea any thought. You just believed it because most likely, that is due to your RELIGION (makes you accept things without verification.

Why would you vote against something you know is bad?