1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A Christian holding a Bible

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 1, 2020.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

RayRay10 likes this.
  2. conquistador#11

Trump trolls in the forum: "Good! That way we can weed out the antifuhs!"

RayRay10 likes this.
  3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Must truly suck to be a military leader in these times...

Patience, RayRay10 and KingCheetah like this.
  4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

good for him. It was completely wrong for him to be there and I’m glad he said so. Trump will turn this country into as much of a hellscape as good people allow. No more, no less.

Reeko, Patience, jiggyfly and 3 others like this.
  5. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Are suggesting that Ivanka does not normally walk around with a Bible in her purse? I find that apocryphal.

RayRay10, B-Bob and conquistador#11 like this.
  6. No Worries

Nazis who like to ****? You can easily see why the Criminal in Chief favors them.

Invisible Fan and RayRay10 like this.
  7. NewRoxFan

In fairness to General Milley, he did suggest his unhappiness with having to be there soon after it happened with this memo:
    [​IMG]

Patience, mdrowe00, jiggyfly and 3 others like this.
  8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Someone is about to suddenly 'retire' -- I would give anything to have heard the discussions while they were preparing for this little stunt. It's literally one of the dumbest things I've ever seen a world leader do -- reminds me so much of Saddam's photo op during the invasion. 'Everything is fine I'm very powerful and have total control of the situation -- and I love the Bible!'.

9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Awaiting the mean tweet from Trump about what an overrated general Milley is.

J.R., jiggyfly, FrontRunner and 3 others like this.
  10. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

....just to be absolutely sure:

...Obama didn't have anything to do with this document, did he?;)

NewRoxFan, Ubiquitin and RayRay10 like this.
  11. conquistador#11

https://www.americamagazine.org/pol...-dips-among-white-catholics-amid-pandemic-and
    White Catholics are now only 47% for trump which may still seem high but in comparison to past decades, it's a concerning decline.
    The more Pope Francis continues to preach the true gospel of Christ and Christ's social justice for the poor, that number can be cut to 35% of white Catholics for the GOP, which is why Sloppy Steve was talking about a coup against the Pope for his stance on refugees. So many other denominations, including Cocaine Mitch's and Evangelicals preach the true teachings.
    But It's only the pastors with demon eyes or douchebags with ferraris who close their church's door to the needy that get the most attention.
    Here is hoping that in the near future ALL the religions force the Gop to actually do something more for the child and mother that didn't go through abortion or it forces the GOP to stop their identity politics with religion. Either way it's a win win.

Here is a chart of previous elections and the Catholic vote

The coolest part of the charts: look at that gap between the voting behavior of "Hispanic?"Catholics and white Catholics. It's always passed my eye test but I've never seen it in stats. My eye test is always walking into my Leftist Tio's house, now an American Citizen, and seeing his shrine for St. Jude next to his favorite Spanish Liga players to protect the league from Covid infections lol. I might do that for Deshaun.

FrontRunner, JumpMan and RayRay10 like this.
  12. NewRoxFan

Joe Biden is a devout Catholic...

RayRay10 likes this.
  13. No Worries

RayRay10 and FrontRunner like this.
  14. Nook

Nook Member

“Oops mein bad!”

RayRay10, KingCheetah and AleksandarN like this.
  15. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Catholics would argue that any one who is not pro life is not devout.

RayRay10, JumpMan and conquistador#11 like this.
  16. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Most Catholics are pro-birth and less so pro-life IMO.

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

The Catholic doctrine is against abortion, against the death penalty, against euthanasia.

Now whether or not an individual Catholic is pro those things is clearly up to the individual.

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. Nook

Nook Member

Some Catholics would.... but the Jesuits that I lived with and raised me wouldn’t make that argument.

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. NewRoxFan

Sure, they could. That eliminates anyone that is pro-choice. And that would eliminate many women, and many Democrats. But you'd have to learn Biden's personal position on abortion... I'd suspect its not as cut and dry as you might think.

And if they want to go that route, they would also need to exclude anyone that is not opposed to the death penalty. So that eliminated many republicans too (btw, I am pro-choice and pro-death penalty).

Then there is Leviticus, where all sorts of rules were prescribed... I wonder how many would exclude even more people?

Last... I wonder if trump has ever confessed his sins... for one we know he is an adulterer. He also seems to hate his neighbor. He doesn't attend church, doesn't spend time in the Word. Might be tough for true Christians to support him?

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

This is one of those Church teaching that majority of Catholics do not follow. The devout Catholics I know personally do not follow it, which is closer to the norm for US Catholic. To clarify - they would not have an abortion themselves, but they do not support laws banning it. 2019 PEW on Abortion among Catholic: Legal in all/most cases- 56%. Illegal in all/most cases - 42%

RayRay10 likes this.