1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Elderly protester hurt by police

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by deb4rockets, Jun 5, 2020.

1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

RayRay10 likes this.
  2. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Yep...Buffalo PD initially claimed the man tripped and fell.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

The sooner these pigs are off the street, the better.

4. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

What kills me about this is that, when I was in the military, and certain things happened that tended to put all of the military service in bad light, our commanding officers, superintendents, everyone in the chain would tell us to make sure that we don't do anything to harm the image of the military. They'd even implement General Order One conditions (god, I hated when we had a gung-ho general in Korea that would call random exercises and immediately implement that rule) to ensure we weren't going to get drunk, screw local women, or any other things that might be broadcast out to a bunch of people.

So, if I got pounded with that in the military, along with a ton of other ancillary training that we had to do constantly, what exactly are police getting that these kind of things keep happening every day? I know, maybe it's just a few bad apples, but if they're bad apples, why are they cops? Where's the leadership...and leadership is more than just being these guys' friends.

5. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Disgusting not as bad as the woman who was sexual assaulted(groping her right breast) by a cop. Then got shot at in close range with rubber bullets and beat with batons. Also pushes another woman down that was concerned for her friend. Lucky that woman didn’t crack her head on the sidewalk

FrontRunner, Reeko, DVauthrin and 3 others like this.
  6. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

The number of police hurt by these rioters is far greater than vice versa. It's really an embarrassment how poorly and disrespectfully the police are treated today. Especially by youth in urban settings. The restraint that is shown by the police day-in-and-day-out is actually amazing.

generalthade_03 likes this.
  7. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Why don’t you go back and reply in the Arbery thread and defend those racist again.

FrontRunner, Nook, Reeko and 2 others like this.
  8. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

?? Arbery tried to steal/grab a gun out of McMichael's hands. That's why he was shot.

9. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Go to the thread and explain that. Also funny you keep saying that after yesterday. There is a reason why you won’t reply in that thread any more.

#9 AleksandarN, Jun 5, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
  10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Pigs gonna stick with their pigs...

#10 J.R., Jun 5, 2020
    FrontRunner and RayRay10 like this.
  11. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There is NO excuse for people paid to serve and protect to abuse their power and beat people down. As for the ones shooting and killing cops, well obviously they should be punished as well. The difference is that they aren't paid to protect and serve. I do feel sorry for the good cops, just as I feel sorry for peaceful protesters who are made to look bad by a few bad people.

T_Man, FrontRunner, RayRay10 and 2 others like this.
  12. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

We don’t need the cops to have body camera’s . WE should all be the ones filming . If the cops film the footage just gets buried

T_Man, mdrowe00, RayRay10 and 2 others like this.
  13. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

b****es. Straight up b****es.

EDIT: modified this in subsequent posts. I still think they're b****es, but it could be less them standing up for elder abuse and more them saying "f this. this riot duty sucks and just puts me at risk for being a youtube villain for the rest of my life."

#13 B-Bob, Jun 5, 2020
  14. Buck Turgidson

Don't do it...just pretend like he never posts.

15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I don’t doubt that police officers get hurt on the job, or sometimes use of force is necessary for protection of themselves and the public.

But what part of the Buffalo situation makes anyone thing that police needed to push the old guy down to protect anybody?

What part of George Floyd’s situation makes it necessary to stay on his neck when he was already in handcuffs and on the ground?

T_Man, the11mingdynasty and RayRay10 like this.
  16. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

Policemen are paid peanuts. Less than $100,000/year. They take on tremendous risks to their safety every day, and then are further subjected to the disrespectful taunts of today's youth/leftists.

17. Buck Turgidson

Okay, and may they never get their jobs back. Let's just hope that the NY State Police can fill in the gap for a while with more humanity and professionalism (not sure what words to use here). Again...hope.

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. lpbman

lpbman Member

I've been gone for a while.... but the ignore feature makes D&D a much better experience.

I get the idea of listening to people you disagree with, but I'm done listening. I've heard more than enough.

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I received similar teachings in freaking HIGH SCHOOL BASKETBALL - lulz. The Coach said the basketball team is in the spotlight, what we did was amplified, even 1 bad apple ruins our image, and anyone who jeopardized that was GONE. Little kids with higher standards than the police.

T_Man, davidio840, RayRay10 and 3 others like this.
  20. Buck Turgidson

Listening is good, you know who they are and what they're types are saying, but responding usually doesn't help. It's tough to bite your tongue though, I admit.