1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A Christian holding a Bible

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 1, 2020.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

There was no chaos there.

I'll keep on posting this video until you acknowledge it. All the protestors were standing and holding up signs and out of no where the riot police charged and rammed through the protestors.

VooDooPope and AleksandarN like this.
  2. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

Maybe you’re right but let’s stay tuned shall we?

3. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

I know this is obvious every thread but - can you imagine if police used tear gas to clear path for Obama to go for a photo opportunity to a church he has been to once? Fox would literally melt

4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Hmm... when you have lost the reagans...

AleksandarN, RayRay10 and No Worries like this.
  5. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Thank you for your thoughtful reply.
    This is not a war and in the usa the first amendment calls for free of press and assembly.

There is a similar situation going on here where i live with mexican corrupt gov industrialist and cartel types buying property in the woodlands.

They are looking for a place to park it from their laundering activities. Cant call them chicom the proper term is naco

RayRay10 likes this.
  6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

For all his anti-China talk, including criticism about the handling of Hong Kong, Trump very much approves how the Chinese Communist Party acts and would make a good party member (except that the Communists are probably smart enough not to promote him beyond a village official level).

FrontRunner, AleksandarN and RayRay10 like this.
  7. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

God must have the patience of Job.

RayRay10 likes this.
  8. generalthade_03

Thanks for letting us know. I had a training accident in Sardinia Italy when I lost a couple pints of blood and received over 30 stitches on a head wound
    I still have a lake house in Conroe, beautiful place and nearby the Woodlands. Money laundering is part of America and it’s not going away soon. I’ve got bad news for you. Remember Spring, once upon the time it was a nice place to live and to raise a family, no longer and the same thing is happening to the Woodlands, the criminals elements seemed to like moving north.

9. fchowd0311

You asked.

10. generalthade_03

This was the Donald when he was still a Democrat and before God touched him and set him straight. In the case of Joe Biden, he was an incompetent racist then and still an incompetent racist now who is also losing his mind.

11. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Damn, Obama must not have gotten that memo.

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. dookiester

dookiester Member

this was in no way shape or form a war zone. or anything remotely resembling it. to construe it as such erodes your credibility and prevents any rational discussion of the event. try to be more thoughtful with your rhetoric - you can see what happens when people are careless with theirs.

RayRay10 likes this.
  13. generalthade_03

I wouldn’t call Michael Reagan a fan of Donald Trump, lol. He’s made it known back in 2016, even though he claimed he voted for the man.

14. dookiester

dookiester Member

i appreciate some of the responses you've given here have been thoughtful, but this is a terrible take. will just disagree with you that God condones anything about Trump, much less touched or anointed him. i guess we'll all learn eventually what God's plan is and where Trump and all his enablers fit into that picture.

RayRay10 and IBTL like this.
  15. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Stitches in italy? You are starting to sound like ernest hemingway. but i dig..

So far so good with woodlands and l would be more worried about the concens you mention in places like kingwood and cypress

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. generalthade_03

The point was lost completely as usual. When you enter a volatile situation filled with many sides and emotions are running high. When you have on going protests, looting, fires, shootings and mayhems, it qualifies as a war zone if you have any common sense. So let me ask you this: you’ve been watching the nightly news with all the chaos and mayhems and you think this is just a peaceful gathering, do you know fast it can turn bad? The answer is: quicker than a heartbeat, and that is why when you’re there, especially the news crew, you’ve got to have a clue on how to protect yourself.

17. fchowd0311

18. generalthade_03

Still has that scar to touch every now and then. Kingwood and Cypress are basically gone. The reason I know about the Woodlands is when we purchased our lake house in Conroe 10 years ago, I was doing a crime search in that area and the surroundings, I couldn’t believe The Woodlands was that active in crimes, spoke to a lot of my friends who live in The Woodlands and they have all confirmed, the area had changed drastically for the worse.

19. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Mike Mullin was Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff under President's Bush and Obama.

I Cannot Remain Silent
    Our fellow citizens are not the enemy, and must never become so.
    5:17 PM ET

Mike Mullen
    Seventeenth chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff

It sickened me yesterday to see security personnel—including members of the National Guard—forcibly and violently clear a path through Lafayette Square to accommodate the president's visit outside St. John's Church. I have to date been reticent to speak out on issues surrounding President Trump's leadership, but we are at an inflection point, and the events of the past few weeks have made it impossible to remain silent.

Whatever Trump's goal in conducting his visit, he laid bare his disdain for the rights of peaceful protest in this country, gave succor to the leaders of other countries who take comfort in our domestic strife, and risked further politicizing the men and women of our armed forces.

There was little good in the stunt.

While no one should ever condone the violence, vandalism, and looting that has exploded across our city streets, neither should anyone lose sight of the larger and deeper concerns about institutional racism that have ignited this rage.

As a white man, I cannot claim perfect understanding of the fear and anger that African Americans feel today. But as someone who has been around for a while, I know enough—and I've seen enough—to understand that those feelings are real and that they are all too painfully founded.

We must, as citizens, address head-on the issue of police brutality and sustained injustices against the African American community. We must, as citizens, support and defend the right—indeed, the solemn obligation—to peacefully assemble and to be heard. These are not mutually exclusive pursuits.

And neither of these pursuits will be made easier or safer by an overly aggressive use of our military, active duty or National Guard. The United States has a long and, to be fair, sometimes troubled history of using the armed forces to enforce domestic laws. The issue for us today is not whether this authority exists, but whether it will be wisely administered.

I remain confident in the professionalism of our men and women in uniform. They will serve with skill and with compassion. They will obey lawful orders. But I am less confident in the soundness of the orders they will be given by this commander in chief, and I am not convinced that the conditions on our streets, as bad as they are, have risen to the level that justifies a heavy reliance on military troops. Certainly, we have not crossed the threshold that would make it appropriate to invoke the provisions of the Insurrection Act.

Furthermore, I am deeply worried that as they execute their orders, the members of our military will be co-opted for political purposes.

Even in the midst of the carnage we are witnessing, we must endeavor to see American cities and towns as our homes and our neighborhoods. They are not “battle spaces” to be dominated, and must never become so.

We must ensure that African Americans—indeed, all Americans—are given the same rights under the Constitution, the same justice under the law, and the same consideration we give to members of our own family. Our fellow citizens are not the enemy, and must never become so.

Too many foreign and domestic policy choices have become militarized; too many military missions have become politicized.

This is not the time for stunts. This is the time for leadership.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/06/american-cities-are-not-battlespaces/612553/

VooDooPope, FrontRunner and RayRay10 like this.
  20. generalthade_03

Stay tuned my friend, God is not yet done with the Donald. If he turned on God, he will face God’s great wrath.