1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A Christian holding a Bible

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 1, 2020.

1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Is it now the time for protestors to take cover inside churches when police start firing weapons?

conquistador#11 and RayRay10 like this.
  2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Pardon me if I'm not particularly impressed with Sen. Ben Sasse or Tim Scott. They know that Trump has no principles and they had their chance to actually do something about it.

3. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

You guys may think that but I’m pretty sure Trump does not think he is a rich oppressor. If he was one, he would not have given up his business to accept this thankless job( where he donates back his salary) to be spat on everyday.

cml750 likes this.
  4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Do you know how much he has increased his wealth just by becoming president? He uses the trump hotel, mar e lago for presidential events etc and has brokered deals via kushner to benefit himself. He appointed both his daughter and son in law in cabinet. I mean, if you’re coming from a point “he’s the second coming of Jesus” of course you arent ever going to find fault in his glaring immoralities

deb4rockets likes this.
  5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Agree with you completely. Not impressed by Sasse but we have to grab onto whatever decency comes out of the clowns, IMHO, without forgetting that their names are permanently written as enablers.

joshuaao, jiggyfly, RayRay10 and 2 others like this.
  6. generalthade_03

I’m sure if I was a billionaire, I would get into politics, getting spat on, crap on, harassed, multiple death threats just to make a few more dollars. Yeah, that makes total sense to me. You picked the wrong example, it should be Obama. How much money did he have before he became president? Last I’ve heard he’s a multimillionaire now!

cml750 likes this.
  7. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Virtual Signal much?

RayRay10 likes this.
  8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Susan Collins is still deliberating on her strong yet subtly worded tweet.

RayRay10 and No Worries like this.
  9. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

It appears that its not just Episcopalians outraged...

No Worries, RayRay10 and B-Bob like this.
  10. NewRoxFan

Texas senator cornyn...claims it was a "necessary security measure", says they weren't peaceable since they didn't follow law enforcement directions and (best of all), trump is the victim and never gets credit for good things or positive developments. Seriously, a sitting senator said this...

RayRay10 likes this.
  11. NewRoxFan

Oh my gosh... she might break the concern meter... if only she knew of a government body that might be able to do something?

[​IMG]

12. NewRoxFan

More outrage...

Catholic archbishop says Trump visit to St. John Paul II shrine "violates our religious principles"
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/cathol...paul-ii-shrine-violates-religious-principles/

but wait, he did get support... fox & friends

RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  13. dookiester

dookiester Member

you seem sincere so i just want to understand how you perceive trump's behavior. not just his words, but his actions and the events he either encourages or directly facilitates. as someone who reads the bible and wants to be a better follower of christ (since that is what it means to be christian), do his actions appear consistent with what you understand from the bible about who christ was, what he came here for and what he died for? you are entitled to your opinions and reasonable minds can disagree on things, but i ask you to earnestly consider whether trump embodies christ-like values and if voting for him is an appropriate answer to WWJD. i expect as someone who spends as much time doing daily devotionals as you that, setting politics and tribalism aside, you have a good sense of the right answer.

14. NewRoxFan

The attorney general ordered the DC police... is that even legal?

RayRay10 likes this.
  15. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

It wasn't DC Police...it was military and federal police.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

17. cml750

cml750 Member

18. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Barr leading the military police like himmler
    Even their little creepy glasses are the same

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Nook, No Worries and RayRay10 like this.
  19. generalthade_03

More civil response today, I’d appreciate you, normally I just got cracked upside down my head for my opinion.
    With Mr Trump, it is a tough case for me as a Christian. I’m kind of old by this board’s standards because most of you guys in here are relatively young. I’ve followed Trump way back in the late 70s to the present day. Back then, you cannot help it because it seemed like he was in news almost every day. Trump was a showman then and he is a showman now. Remember, he was a Dem back then and gotten along with everyone that are his mortal enemies now. I still remember watching a Wladimir Klitschko’s fight at his hotel and the crowd gave him a rousing ovation when he was introduced. I never cared for his crassness and in your face NY attitude and many things he said or continue saying are cringe worthy. But something genuinely changed in the man as he got older and realized how much America is in trouble if we keep on going down this path. When I heard him declared for the presidency and started campaigning, I was not sold.
    I started to change my mind after the Republican primaries and realized we need someone like him if we want to deal with our enemies foreign or domestic. As a Christian, I don’t have all the answers except one: trust in my Lord and Savior and he will answer your prayers. In this case, God had sent a less than perfect man to right the ship, who am I to question his judgement and he’s not even done with the Donald yet. Sorry for the long winded answer.

20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

The moment you said "he was a changed man" I knew you were trolling.

Nothing indicates that. The dude started his GOP grifting career by questioning whether the last president was born in Kenya. That should give you a good insight of what his intentions are. He's a grifter who keeps on spewing the lowest common denominator rhetoric to appease a insular base and and he chose to run for president because of pure unadulterated ego.

AleksandarN likes this.