1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Graphic: Death shown] I found a genuine reason for armed protests.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by fchowd0311, May 26, 2020.

1. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

absolutely . Any real change is gonna come from having real solutions on the table . Protests letting out emotion and declaring enough is enough is one thing . But people gotta figure out what they want done .

we’ve got to change the training the police have , and / or the scope of their powers , and/ or what equipment they have access to.

Organizing a coalescence from the mob is gonna be a hard task unfortunately IMO.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

meh...

But then again I’m kinda a F the police kinda guy. HPD isn’t that bad though in comparison. If they find a friendswood cop car though I’d be all about bashing the sh$t out of that.

jiggyfly likes this.
  4. Senator

Senator Member

unfortunately these incidents were happening with Obama as President.... with the same frequency. you keep making this about leadership instead of the community - it's why nothing has changed on either side.

generalthade_03 likes this.
  5. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

The difference could be from the current third degree murder to first degree if they could prove the two knew one another.
    Intent people intent.

6. Senator

Senator Member

https://fortune.com/2016/07/08/transcript-obama-dallas-police-shootings/

... was there utopia with Obama as President? IN his 8 years the animosity and incidents between police and minorities didn't change... despite him saying what the black community wanted to hear. i'm sure you're vocal about police reform while not actually wanting to be a cop or have any part of it, but what about community reform?

pass all the laws you want, prosecute all the cops you want (and they have been convicted repeatedly), put them in the streets if it makes you feel better, but that won't change anything if you don't develop a hardline to violence, assault and self destructive behavior within a community. i don't know about you, but i'm tired of the same old and don't like to see others in pain.

generalthade_03 likes this.
  7. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Get it straight because I was speaking about the candidates. Gun control and the people overseeing the police department in every area of the country is a good start. BTW, you're an *******...

#587 Andre0087, May 29, 2020
    Last edited: May 29, 2020
  8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

No one expects a single president to solve the consequences of multiple centuries of bad immoral decisions. However I do not desire a President who isn't going to make things better at all and definitely worse.

This is beyond the president. You are right in the sense that Trump isn't to blame for the history of actions over the past multiple centuries that got us to this predicament. But also, he ain't helping.

9. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

You came with the real, didn't have to but you did...I read every sentence and agree.

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

12. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I apologize for my original post. I thought I had read until the end and didn't realize there was a video as well. He was being his typical a-holish self. It was more of a parody than anything actually serious.

Nook likes this.
  13. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

14. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Eric Reid out there rioting from his desk. Good on him.

jiggyfly, DVauthrin and Nook like this.
  15. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

16. Mazulis

Mazulis Member

I was born in communist country , and I will tell you one thing, if people will be allowed to carry fire arms , cops ,mayors ,governors, all would be listening to people. This Gentlemen would be Aalive!!! If not himself, bystanders would defend him period.For f**k sake we the ones paying them salaries, We Are The Masters. RIP Goerge Floyd.

17. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

No wonder people are still upset about this killing. The manner it happened was tantamount to a public execution, made worse by the time it took to extinguish somebody's life.

I still haven't been able to process this. ****ing unbelievable!

Reeko, FrontRunner, B-Bob and 2 others like this.
  18. Mazulis

Mazulis Member

That was even worse, u got 3 more as**** standing and keeping concerned bystanders away. F*** nuts ,all 4 guilt.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  19. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Man, **** YOU. How about Cops changing and being trained how to deal with people without the shoot first/assault mentality? You are bigot. Go suck on Trump's nuts. He will need you to comfort him in November.

20. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Lost his job, wife, and hopefully the rest of his life to prison, all because he wouldn't stand the **** up.

Reeko, DVauthrin and Nook like this.