1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Graphic: Death shown] I found a genuine reason for armed protests.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by fchowd0311, May 26, 2020.

1. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I listened to a legal expert on Minnesota Public Radio and he shed some more light on this. The autopsy states that "strangulation" wasn't the cause of death but that Floyd had underlying conditions that contributed to his death. That is proximate cause but the conditions that led to his death was due to Chauvin applying a dangerous technique improperly and for an excessive amount of time. This would be like if I punched someone and they fell down the stairs and broke their neck. The cause of death was them breaking their neck not the punch. Without the punch they wouldn't have fallen down the stairs and I'm still culpable.

DVauthrin, Hakeemtheking and Blatz like this.
  3. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

4. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

You don't like Taylor Swift? I may have to put my first person ever on ignore. :)

AleksandarN likes this.
  5. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

If they did, could it be a personal beef?

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  6. bobrek

Deleted

#567 bobrek, May 29, 2020
    Last edited: May 30, 2020
  7. Mr. Space City

8. Mr. Space City

9. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

outside vs inside doesn't matter everyone knows in clubs when people get kicked out the guards inside take them out to the off duty cops outside

10. bobrek

For what it's worth, my lawyer son breaks down the arrest and charges on his youtube channel. I haven't watched it yet....

jiggyfly, AleksandarN, Nook and 3 others like this.
  11. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I didn't, of course. Not really. But before he was a Trump Republican, he disagreed with his present self really a lot.

Still, good on him for this.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  12. YOLO

YOLO Member

Welp Houston was jealous of all the attention apparently

Fulgore likes this.
  13. bobrek

Carlson's op piece surprised me.... now if he can just have a long conversation with Hume and Hannity.

14. amaru

amaru Member

Your son did a great job of explaining the legal documents released up until this point in a manner that lay people can understand. I subscribed. Thanks for posting.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Like everyone else, it's awful. It's disgusting.

But if you will, allow me to rant.

As I said, it's awful. It's disgusting.
    I'm not black and I'll never know their pain, their struggles and what they go through but I feel for them (if that's possible).
    It keeps happening. Why? Why? And nothing changes.
    Makes you (see: me) lose faith in the pigs I mean police. (Fortunately I've never had any encounters.)
    "It's just one bad cop." Is it? Is it really? But again, it keeps happening! All over the country!
    He had 3 of his pigs with him, not one said "No, let up. This is wrong." (And then those fellow pigs had the nerve to go protect the murderer's house)
    All 4 deserve lengthy prison sentences. They murdered that man.

There's a racial part to this but we've done ****ed up training officers.
    Shoot/kill first, ask questions later.
    Protect & serve? More like shoot & kill.

This is real life. One life. We only get one. This isn't GTA. This isn't a video game. I die, game restarts, I get a new life. No no no no.
    If you must, tase me, beat me with the baton, pepper spray me but please Lord don't kill me.
    "I can't breathe, I can't breathe." "Mama" "Mama" "Please" ... That is just heartbreaking. And those pigs did nothing. They murdered him.

A fake $20 bill shouldn't be a death sentence.
    Being black or a person of color shouldn't be a death sentence.

If you "fear for your life" at the tiniest, first bit of trouble, this is not the job for you.
    If you "fear for your life" because a person of color, this isn't the job for you.
    You're the one with the gun, baton, taser, cuffs and backup and you fear for your life?

But it's funny they "fear for their life", only when it's a person of color.
    They're gunning down, killing these unarmed black men yet these armed white mass murderers are taken in alive. Whaaaat? Nikolas Cruz. Jared Loughner. Dimitrios Pagourtzis(right here in Santa Fe, TX). Dylann Roof. James Holmes. Others I'm missing. Oh and just this week, the guy in Connecticut - murderer Peter Manfredonia - captured alive.

The fact blacks have to "act a certain way" and have that conversation with their kids "If a cop pulls you over, here's how to act/what to do." so they make it home alive ... that's ****ing disgusting. That's wrong.

Man, quit with the bullshit already. Quit with the lethal force. Quit killing these black folks. Enough is enough but who am I kidding. Like I said, nothing changes & **** ain't gonna change. What's the saying, "Wish in one hand, **** in the other. See which one gets filled first." I hope things change, I hope things get better but I'm not counting on it.

(4 days for an arrest when everyone agrees you or I would be arrested that moment, that day? GTFO.)
    (Putting out in the autopsy he died not because he was murdered by those white pigs but because of underlying health conditions? GTFO.)
    (3rd degree "unintentional" murder? GTFO. Not 1st but probably 2nd.)
    (Speaking of, Hennepin County Attorney Mike Freeman? GTFO.)

**** the pigs. **** those 4 pigs.
    **** the Minnesota State pigs for arresting that CNN reporter.

What's the point of body cams if you don't release the footage?
    What's the point of body cams if officers can just turn them on/off willy-nilly?
    Transparency my ass.

https://abc13.com/officer-involved-shootings-police-suspects-killed-by-officers-deadly/6210606/

The shoot first/ask questions later pigs killed one of their own this morning in Fort Bend County. "Friendly fire."

https://abc13.com/fort-bend-deputy-constable-killed-in-accidental-shooting/6218753/

Alright, I think I'm done? Thank you for listening/reading.

#576 J.R., May 29, 2020
    Last edited: May 29, 2020
  16. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

My ideas for protests that are nonviolent but Still demonstrate civil disobedience.

Spray paint penises on police cars

Chalk art streets with **** the police

line up people to spell **** the police from and aerial perspective

everyone brings pots and pans or drums so we can add percussion to chants

Everyone wears blue and sunglasses ...and Greets each other with a mockery of a police officer . Examples could be like “sir , stop resisting sir .” Or “ my job is to get back home to my family.”

organize a group of 13 people , that wanna go shirtless and paint one letter each of **** the police on their chest ... bonus points if you can get a girl to join in .

wild idea , we get a few people willing to take ***** on sidewalks . The crowd can surround them and then their backs for privacy ... who ever has the biggest piece of **** ... that piece of **** is named police chief , someone with gloves can put a little pair of sunglasses and a hat on it .

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  17. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I like it. I think anything needs to be backed up with a list of steps they wish done.

18. likestohypeguy

I like the direction of that analogy, but you need a preexisting medical condition to really make it work. More like, if I punched someone with muscular dystrophy, and they fell down the stairs and broke their neck. The cause of death was "a confluence of variables", their weakened muscles from the MD, fall down the stairs (unintended by the puncher), and whatever substances may or may not have been in their system.

19. bobrek

He's pretty good at that. He also tends to follow the law regardless of politics.
    A couple of weeks ago he interviewed one of the top self defense attorneys in the USA to explain the possibilities in the Arbery case.

AleksandarN, amaru and Os Trigonum like this.