1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Minnesota Riots [may 2020]

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Astrodome, May 28, 2020.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Inside job.

2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

You're preaching to the choir.

Deckard and jiggyfly like this.
  3. likestohypeguy

Whoa what happened, the little guy in pink didnt look like he was letting that go. Did they find out who?

jiggyfly likes this.
  4. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Should we just expect then that anytime there is a protests by those people that it will turn into a riot with stores looted and burnt?

5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I don't know, that guy looked suspicious but he could have just been a lone looter.

If I had a criminal bent I would be staking out places like that.

6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

It definitely can be. But again, I don't want to sound like a broken record in my other posts making this point, but there is a difference in discussing the solutions to these problems and discussing the morality of these specific actions by individual people. Yes, the individual people who partake in the riots need people around them that lecture them with normative statements of what "ought" to do. Obviously looting is morally wrong and those individuals need to be arrested for property damage and disturbing the peace.

But there is a reason why urban black communities in the US have disproportionate levels of crime and poverty. And to problem solve, we need to discuss what are the reasons in events in history that resulted in this predicament.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The pawn shop owner has a right to defend his property, he had nothing to do with it.
    If some dude wants to break into his property, he is asking for

trouble

8. fchowd0311

You said it far more succinctly than I did. That's probably the lawyer in you.

Nook likes this.
  9. fchowd0311

Doubt anyone would disagree with you though I guess there would be some slight disagreement on things like whether we can shoot them while they are running away. I would attempt to use the firearm as a show of force to do as much theft prevention as possible and will probably only fire if they are going to attempt to physically harm me or someone else near me.

10. likestohypeguy

Maybe. I notice no one else is so freaked out about protecting their identity, in dress or behavior. I mean there'd be thousands, way too many vandalism/theft cases to prosecute. And, an umbrella?!

I just have a gut feeling he was a fake looter.

jiggyfly and Invisible Fan like this.
  11. Nook

Nook Member

Are there riots every time black people protest? No, there isn’t.

It reached a boiling point this time... this has been coming for some time.

You push and marginalize any group of people long enough and this is what happens.

12. tinman

Supporting Member

I have no idea what he did, but pawn shops are usually a place where people like to rob so the owners are usually packing heat.
    It's pretty much one step up from a liquor store and convenient store for robbers and where owners have guns.

It's not like target or autozone.

If you are a looter don't pick a liquor store or pawn shop, you are asking for it.

jiggyfly likes this.
  13. Nook

Nook Member

Who feels otherwise?

14. tinman

Supporting Member

The looters

AroundTheWorld and JumpMan like this.
  15. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

"Those people"? What the what the ****?

Yes, you should probably expect that as long as we can expect to see another murder filmed in broad daylight that cops lie about maybe next week or next month or next year. For every murder by cops on film how many aren't on film? 10, 20, 50, 100? Whats that number?

You seem to not understand the effects of hundreds of years of white supremacy. I could probably take your quotes and put them in any era since Africans were brought to America and it would sort of fit pretty well. It's not so much the bigotry of soft expectations as the bigotry of white supremacy.

Year 1720 - Should we just expect then that anytime there is a protests by those people that it will turn into a riot with stores looted and burnt?

Year 1820 - Should we just expect then that anytime there is a protests by those people that it will turn into a riot with stores looted and burnt?

Year 1920 - Should we just expect then that anytime there is a protests by those people that it will turn into a riot with stores looted and burnt?

Year 2020- Should we just expect then that anytime there is a protests by those people that it will turn into a riot with stores looted and burnt?

T_Man and fchowd0311 like this.
  16. fchowd0311

Also it's not bigotry if you understand that the expectation would occur in any population pool experiencing the same course of events for the past 400 years.

17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I am not ruling out anything and forgot about the umbrella, yeah that was some weird ****.:eek:

That guy could be anybody I can see him being ntifa and just wanting to stir **** up or a white power type guy.

Or just a common criminal taking advantage, there are a lot of people who can try an exploit the situation and it's a shame.

edwardc likes this.
  18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Dude calm down.

Those people was not meant as a slight if you know the poster.

D&D is not a good place to frequent if you are easily offended but it is a good place if you are just looking for a fight.

19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Why are you continuing a conversation with a post that has nothing to do with your subject.

20. fchowd0311

His first sentence was a overreaction but the rest is pretty relevant and accurate in this discussion.