1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Graphic: Death shown] I found a genuine reason for armed protests.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by fchowd0311, May 26, 2020.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

This should help you visualize what it’s like inside there as if things like TVs are just patiently waiting in organized fashion lol

likestohypeguy likes this.
  2. likestohypeguy

Seriously for your cities sake I hope they get these murderers locked up sooner than later, so it all stops. Because I think that's the only way it does.

jiggyfly likes this.
  3. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don’t know how many of y’all have been in a riot. I was in several in college at Cal. Including during Rodney King when I was working for the student newspaper. I was gassed by LE and also attacked by people breaking into the Gap. Last November I was worried that I might have to go to Hong Kong and get my dad out.
    I understand there is a lot of anger here. The killing of Floyd was horrific. I met Philando Castile’s girlfriend and mom at a community forum following LEO Yanez’s acquittal. Their grief and anger was real and justified. Riots and looting are the closest that I’ve come to war. Like war a lot of the people hurt by aren’t the people who make decisions or have a lot of influence. During Rodney King it was South Central and Korea Town that took the brunt of it. It wasn’t Pasadena or even Van Nuys. For those of you watching the protests right now there is no where else in Minnesota you will see that many black and brown faces. You go 20 miles from here and you’ll be lucky to see more than 10 black faces.
    Minnesota is in many ways as segregated as the Old South and while good white Minnesotans will publicly be shocked many will just chalk it up as the urban jungle of Minneapolis. Looking at my FB feed there are people who publicly are saying that. Meanwhile the poor people of this neighborhood will struggle even more to pick up the pieces.

4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I made the connection immediately but didn't want to be insensitive to the situation, but yeah they look super similar in that viral pic.

5. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Peace be with your neighborhood.

6. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Except this isn’t Edina (a wealthy suburb) burning. It’s not the Mall of America.

again this not abstract to me. This is my neighborhood. Would you be so supportive if it was down the street from you?

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Yeah. I'm fine to be inconvenienced, people are being murdered by cops in the streets without justice.

The appropriate time, place, and specific things to do that are acceptable for my personal comfort when protesting thing just isn't working.

8. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Mayor Jacob Frey and Chief Arrandando have move faster in this than any other LEO killing. Mayor Frey has spoken out more forcefully than any other mayor in a similar situation. This situation isn’t going to make their job easier or speed up justice for Floyd. If anything this situation will make it harder as more focus will be on the looting and the riot.

I don’t think y’all understand the urban divide in this state which is the same as the racial divide. I doubt this will be a wake up call for the people in the suburbs and rural areas. That gets them to recognize problems that minorties face. It will be more of a justification to fear and distrust. One thing many of y’all might not realize but for how bad the Philando Castile and Jamar Clark killings were there were plenty of Minnesotans who were more angry about BLM than they were worth the killings. Frankly it took the killing of a white woman by an LEO to get them to have any concern. And even then many Minnesotans were using the fact that LEO Noor was Somali as justification for distrusting Somalis

9. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Have you been in a riot before?

10. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Yeah, that murderous cop might as well slowly chopped off the victim's head with a saw.

generalthade_03 likes this.
  11. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Tomorrow morning I’m going to try to take a look at the damage. I’ll post some video if they have shut things off.

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The police put in the report he resisted arrest.
    The videos show that was a lie

THIS IS WHY YOU ARREST AND CRIME STATISTICS MEANS NOTHING!!!!

Police Lie
    Police manipulate the stats everyday

Posecutors and judges do the same
    Our Legal system is nothing more than Selective Enforcement of the law with a taste of Enforcement of prejudices.

Rocket River

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Nope. Have there been any bodily injuries reported on bystanders? As long as that's not happening, I support the protest, and I'd support it on my street.

14. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

@rocketsjudoka

agree the looting is counterproductive, but it’s not unexpected sadly .

these protesters are like a ship without a captain or rudder. So much anger , desire to change things , but not organized and don’t know the best steps to take .

I hope a community leader or two can emerge to help direct people in their anger .

I’m sure the looters aren’t thinking of it Terms of “**** these business owners” they are thinking in terms of “**** the law” ... at least I think .

unfortunately race is at the center of this and logic is out the window . There was nothing logical about how the officer killed him either. Emotions are gonna run wild . Hopefully the city government can get some charges brought up quickly and these guys can get locked up and hopefully mollify the mob .

now if they get off.....

I’d advise you get out of Minnesota

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

He signed up for the job and is paid to not be a coward

If he cannot protect and serve the public .. . ups is hiring

Rocket River

16. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

I’ve been to Minnesota plenty of times, nicest people that I’ve met in my travels.

17. likestohypeguy

Okay now that I see inside, I understand better. It's not just that certain things are OOS, but a complete wreck, after the loot is pilfered. Well, at least I hope this gets the powers that be to DO something, file charges, and get these murderers in jail.

Ah what a mess.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

A thread of vids from this account out the middle of everything. Crazy out there

#278 YOLO, May 27, 2020
    Last edited: May 27, 2020
  19. Newlin

Newlin Member

Hate to see this looting. I don’t really view the looters as protesters. I view the looters as thieves that are being opportunistic.

20. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I’m not going to say you don’t have a right to comment if you haven’t. You do but I will say that ideas of justifiable anger for political change doesn’t make much sense when you see people looting a store and then setting fire to it.

I’ve heard reports of people being injured but don’t know anything for sure yet. Also it’s not clear if injuries are to people protesting or to bystanders.

I will say too as a bystander (I was a reporter during Rodney King) who was attacked by rioters it makes it even harder to just accept it as an justifiable action.