1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I did take on GE, ET contracts I mentioned. I had a pretty bad week last week (I expected dbx to move - and it moved completely opposite/stagnant - I moved position intending on it still working which I normally wouldn't do as aggressively.. and it didn't work out, multiple contracts added up to losing). I also went against better judgment on at least some hedge position.

Fortunately RIOT options for last 2 weeks worked. On dbx I felt I'd get a quick high % return per each contract.

I also grabbed MSFT calls yesterday too but I didn't move like I normally would. I still expect more today. it wasn't bad on MSFT... But it's a risk as I could have been out early yesterday, -I didn't like the way the day ended, but am hoping on more positive end today.

Going forward I can just shorten to plays I'm in or any worthwhile news. I've tried to stop mentioning small penny caps and have been trying to stick w/ stuff I find that looks interesting on option plays, that don't always make sense. Sorry if it seemed like I wasn't doing anything or if I'm winning all plays.

2. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

NVDA I like due to the rapid gains they've been making, I mean they're higher than pre-corona.

I think assuming market pulls back/bad news/economic/election factors a put could work out like you're mentioning. The one thing to be careful on is that while I feel their eval has gone up way faster than planned from some hype (like you mentioned) - is to watch for more news on their RTX 3000 series cards, I think what makes a put likely to work even more is there being a delay on release. Initially the rtx 2000 series hurt them some in consumer segment - ie no one really needed to make the jump to rtx, but I'm expecting the 3 series to actually move their consumer segment forward by a lot w/ big specs. This series could really push them way ahead (well even more so than now when compared w/ amd/Intel).

The hype from last week's short reveal helped move stock further but I personally feel that there's some kind of expectation that it will make a release this year and I don't think it will. Obviously there's more to NVDA than consumer but this is something that could be interesting to watch due to the supply chains. I haven't looked at put pricing but if you look at corona virus drop maybe + a small % you might get into something where you don't have to be exact that could make easy returns, even if you move early.

If I see any good puts/companies I'll try to list. Once market is stable in year + (or whatever date it is now) and nvidia releases all of this, I'm actually considering watching them to Sell puts if I miss cheap entry points because I expect their stock to climb higher and wouldn't mind owning.

#10022 CCity Zero, May 19, 2020
    Last edited: May 19, 2020
    saitou likes this.
  3. adoo

adoo Member

BA

4. adoo

adoo Member

my limit order for BX was filled as the market open

collected preimum of $2.6 to assume a maximum potential liability for $ 5;
    net/net, i m risking the max of $2.4 to win $2.6
    on 6-26, should BX's stock price be above 58, the liability would be zero,
    my target for BX is > 60, in which case, i get to pocket all the premium that was collected in advance​

#10024 adoo, May 19, 2020
  5. Dream Sequence

Dream Sequence Contributing Member

carvana?

6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

What do I know? (I can't even prognosticate basketball effectively after spending most of my life immersed in it either as a player or a dedicated fan.)

But when a new lock-down in China, of 9-digits worth of people, is really digested by global markets, I do wonder if the recent months long climb will look a little like a sickeningly slow dead-cat bounce. And if the virus bounces back in most places that try to re-open, look the f out.

CCity Zero and dmoneybangbang like this.
  7. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

BABA price going up before earnings announcement where it will probably sink back down again post-announcement. I would be kind of shocked if it went up more post-announcement.

8. adoo

adoo Member

this started out as a calendar call spread on SBUX

sto apr 75 CALL
    bto Jan 2021 75 CALL​

it has been morphed into a call vertical spread

from apr 14
    just before May expiration, rolled forward

May 75/70 put spread to Jun 77/72 PUt spread for a small premium and
    May front leg of the now 80/75 call vertical spread to a Jun 77 CALL for a small premium
    • the back leg, Jan 2021 75 CALL, of this vertical spread has increased > 160%
    the goal to to keep on rolling up/forward the credit spread and the front leg of the call vertical spread, such that
    the premiums collected will exceed the cost of the original Calendar spread (by just B4 the Nov Presidential election)

effectively, buying the 2021 75 CALL for free
    [​IMG]

#10028 adoo, May 19, 2020
    CCity Zero likes this.
  9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Vaccine experts say Moderna didn’t produce data critical to assessing Covid-19 vaccine
    https://www.statnews.com/2020/05/19...-data-critical-to-assessing-covid-19-vaccine/

According to CNBC and a former SEC lawyer, this may increase scrutiny about Moderna's recent stock offering as well as whether or not there was insider trading, but more importantly do they really have anything viable. Sad, but we'll see, I suppose.

10. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I wonder how much this will fall, nice find.

11. adoo

adoo Member

placed these option plays for MSFT

• buy a LEAP call Calendar, limit of $6
      • bto March 2021 220 CALL
      • sto July 2020 220 CALL
    • sell a PUT credit spread, limit of $2.65 credit
      • bto Jul 2020 195 PUT
      • sto Jul 2020 200 PUT

#10031 adoo, May 19, 2020
    CCity Zero likes this.
  12. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Nice options here, I took a small hit on my simple calls I made for MSFT, Especially after the afternoon's final hour didn't go great, fortunately I got out of them ahead of the real drop into AH, that final finish was bad. I was going to re-enter but held off. I am waiting to look at tomorrow, and will probably move out date or move target/wait to enter with how market responds.

13. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Why BA? Thought it is pretty battered already.

14. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Up 24% today.

CCity Zero likes this.
  15. adoo

adoo Member

it will likely get battered some more

whag00 likes this.
  16. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

17. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I gave up on figuring Amazon out a long time ago. I've thought about it for months. It's trading about 10% higher now than it was before the crash back in March. A lot of that is due to COVID, but they're also spending a ton on COVID. If there is any big-ass company that is primed on many different fronts to continue growing, it's Amazon, though. They're into books, shopping, media, computing, grocery, space, AI, pharma/health, etc. Some of that stuff may be moonshots, but the only headwinds for them nowadays are COVID and legal battles with everything from the average Joe to governments. I just don't know if they're going to take a hit if we miraculously get a "fix" for COVID. Any hit would be short-term, I would guess. I also wonder if they'll split the stock (no rumor I've heard, just wondering). There are some people that think Amazon may even buy another big box store to get more of a physical presence and since they're on "sale".

You've been asking about it for a while. Are you in or waiting to get in? :D

CCity Zero likes this.
  18. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

saitou likes this.
  19. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Eeew, finally broke even on this yesterday and now this :(

I'll probably just HODL what I have left and hope the decoupling pushes them to grow their cloud biz in China, and maybe Southeast Asia. Of the 2 I definitely prefer Tencent.

RKREBORN likes this.
  20. Sajan

Sajan Member